Babysitting Expectations?

Well this has been interesting! I'll def not work for less than $20 per hour. Also considering, I bring crafts and things to bake.

Hope it all works out for you! If they aren’t willing to meet your pay, at least you’ll know to negotiate that before you start with a new family next time.

$20-25/hr is the norm here for 2 kids, but that's probably because minimum wage is $15/hr and people have to pay more to entice kids to babysit vs work somewhere else.

I, personally would feed the sitter if they were working at a typical mealtime and the shift was over 3 hours.

I would also let the sitter know this ahead of time.

I was a nanny and babysat for a few families while I was going to school. The families always provided me with food or enough money to buy me & the kids dinner/lunch. I would be very surprised if I showed up to a new family that didn't provide a meal. Frankly, I doubt I would watch their kids again. There were enough families around who I knew would treat me better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter