• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back! And a note for the DU crew :-)

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
Back from the 2/1 Western... not sure if I'll have time to do a trip report, but I wanted to post a few thoughts and notes:

Had an absolutely glorious time... just amazing. I still can't get over the level of service with DCL -- not only did a couple of staff remember me from last year, but remembered what I drink!! Our stateroom host, Ramir, was the sweetest man in the world -- I wanted to bring him home with me. "How are you today, Miss Gina?" "You look so pretty tonight, Miss Gina!" I could get used to that. *smile*

I like the Eastern way, way, way better than the Western. Just my preference, no major reasons. On the Western, the ship hardly moves at all. A plus for some people, a massive disappointment for me. I missed being rocked to sleep at night. :(
I don't have to be greeted with "Saludos Amigos!" and mariachi music when I walk on the ship. (?!?) Please, it's a tropical cruise... I want steel pan music. We weren't sailing to Guadalajara. I want Tropicalifragilisticexpialidocious!! The shopping in St. Maarten was way better. Plus, I really miss the extra day at sea.

I did love the beaches and water in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We went to Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel, and it was really really nice. I was going to go to Playa Sol on my own (no DCL excursion) and I am *so* glad I changed my mind at the last minute. A lady sitting by us at Mr. Sancho's walked down the beach to Playa Sol and said that you literally could not even see sand -- it was just row after row after row of chairs and a sea of people. Ugh. I would definitely recommend Mr. Sancho's.

Still have a bit of a Castaway Club mystery... when I got to the stateroom, I had the expected wonderful beach towel and pins waiting for me, and I had the very nice gift from DU as well. But I also had a bottle of sparkling cider and a huge platter of fancy chocolates, cheesecake bites, and other neat decadent things, complete with a white chocolate banner with a picture of the Magic in dark chocolate. I asked Ramir about it, since there was no card, and he said it must have been from Disney. I can't figure it out! I have written them a lot before, and have referred a lot of people with reference to my Castaway Club number, so maybe that was it? I can't think of why else I got that, unless it was just a mistake. But it was sure nice! And yummy!! :)

I got to meet a bunch of DIS'ers, all great people (of course!! *smile*)

Cindy and Scott -- I had a ball with you guys... I will write you soon, Cindy!

Norm and Kim -- I love you guys... I sure wish we lived closer. Tyler Dean says to tell Josh hi. :)

And to the Dreams Unlimited owners/agents:
I rebooked onboard, and Candace asked me if I wanted my travel agent to handle things. I said "Sure, it's Dreams Unlimited!" She just smiled and said, "We love to hear that name -- they're terrific." :) :) So we clients aren't the only ones who know you guys do an awesome job. :) Thanks, DU!!

It sucks so much to be back at work, I can't even express it. *LOL* I'm going to be looking for my Malibu Colada in about an hour, and it's not going to be in my hand. :( Wah! Time to start dreaming about next year... :)

-gina-

Hi Gina,

Glad you had a great time! If at helps at all you're not alone....I'm still crying over my return home following the previous week's Eastern Magic cruise : )

We received the same sparkling cider/goodie tray along with the white chocolate candy in our room as well but we booked through Costco so the mystery remains. We still can't figure out where ours came from either!

Take care,

Deb

Hey Gina, what an awesome time, Joshua misses Tyler, he had so much fun with him, that plane ride home was very sad.
Saw that you booked again, that is great, we were looking to book again but not until 2005, we have already committed next vacation to my Mom and Dad for x-mas in Disney, so we will see the Magic again in 2005.

Pics will be up soon so be sure to check out our site listed at the bottom of this page. Hopefully I will get the energy up to type up a trip report.

Norm

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

I, too, have in addition to the CC gifts had several anonymous gifts awaiting in my stateroom on at least half of my cruises. I have never managed to confirm the sender, but the cards have always read <I>Disney Cruise Line</I> (I loved the roses on my recent cruise!). I book directly with DCL.

Your comment about eastern vs. western is interesting. <I>Many</I> people have told me they much prefer the eastern. I have not done the Magic yet, but have the western coming up in October. I am hoping for the best!

When my hubby and I sailed alone on DCL without the kids for our anniversary...we too had a plate of chocolates and choco. covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the cabin....IN ADDITION TO BEING UPGRADED FROM AN INSIDE TO A VERANDA ROOM!!!

We still do not know how or why this happened. The card said Happy 20th Anniversary from DCL. This also in October and I do not think our ship was full!!!

This only happened once out of 7 cruises!!!

MJ

Hey Gina...I forgot to say WELCOME BACK!!! I like the Eastern a bit better myself...love that extra sea day!!!

Anyway, so.....did the cruise staff remember the wild you!!!! Were you able to meet other singles like last time and rock the ship....please post a report!!!!

MJ

Now I am confused....on our Jan 19 4-day, we had the beach towel and pins from Castaway Club and a sparkling cider with beautiful tray of choc. covered strawberries, truffles, cookies etc. I assumed it was from Dreams Unlimited because on our Dreams reserv. it said that more than 8 cabins had booked so we get a special surprise. What did you others get from Dreams Unlimited under those same circumstances? Just wondering now if the tray and cider were from Dreams like I assumed!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter