Back from 2nd Cruise - Do we get anything?

Maesa

Mouseketeer
Hi - We went on our first Disney Cruise last year and a few weeks later we got kinda of like a thank you envelop with a sketch of Mickey Mouse personalized with our last name. I haven't received anything from our 2nd cruise that we returned in Feb. Just making sure nothing got lost in the mail.

Did anyone get something from Disney on their return from their cruises?

Thank you.

I got a print of a painting, but there's no guarantee that they'll send anything at all. Heck, I didn't even get that blue pamphlet confirming my cruise after booking this time. What DCL does and who they send it to is a crapshoot.

Hi - We went on our first Disney Cruise last year and a few weeks later we got kinda of like a thank you envelop with a sketch of Mickey Mouse personalized with our last name. I haven't received anything from our 2nd cruise that we returned in Feb. Just making sure nothing got lost in the mail.

Thank you.
Typically, the mailings from DCL (Castaway Club) follow your first cruise and any subsequent cruise that you reach the next level of loyalty (after your 5th cruise, and after your 10th cruise).

That said, there was a series of sketches/drawings that was being sent out to cruisers following any cruise. But getting those seems to hit or miss. Some people get them, others get them randomly, while others get 2 or 3 sets after every cruise..... you never know.

This is the statement on the DCL website:

We value our Castaway Club members. And beginning in February 2014—to show our thanks—you'll receive a small token* of our appreciation when you return home after each cruise.

We commissioned 5 artists to create a series of Castaway Club-exclusive art cards. Collect one after each cruise.* There are 5 cards that you can collect. Each card was designed by a different artist using our Disney ships as inspiration—and showcasing the artist's unique medium and creative vision.

And if you're celebrating a Disney Cruise Line milestone—like your first Disney cruise or your Castaway Club status turning to Gold or Platinum—you'll receive a special car magnet* (in lieu of the art card) to celebrate your milestone and show off your new Castaway Club status.

The designs are a secret for now, so you can look forward to a fun surprise in the mail after your cruise.

*Limited to one gift per stateroom.

I got a print of a painting, but there's no guarantee that they'll send anything at all. Heck, I didn't even get that blue pamphlet confirming my cruise after booking this time. What DCL does and who they send it to is a crapshoot.

Check to make sure that you marked the box on the Disney.com profile that you would like to get promotional materials. This includes art cards, magnets of Silver, Gold and platinum to mark each level after you obtain it.

Your cruise booklet arrives within 30 days or less of sailing and will contain your luggage tags and other information about your cruise.
Planning guides typically go out for first time cruisers, but have been known to be random. I recall getting one before our first cruise, but none after that. It basically contains info on how to access the planning and online check in features of the website.

If you have a TA, then he/she needs to indicate that you would like your cruise booklet sent directly to you instead of sent to the agency and then sent on to you. This might delay the process a bit otherwise.

Thank you.

It can take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks to get anything from DCL, so if you cruised last in February be on the lookout for an art card or magnet in the updated style.

We have never received any magnets or artwork from DCL! We are on our 7th cruise booking, so your mileage may vary.

We have never received any magnets or artwork from DCL! We are on our 7th cruise booking, so your mileage may vary.

We have done 17 and have either receieved the magnet or the art card after each one. Check your Disney.com account and make sure the box is selected to receive promotional materials. This might be the problem.

I got a reply (pretty quickly!) that they don't send outside of the US and Canada

I was starting to wonder why we've never received anything. I thought it was because we get the cheap cabins, but that explains it. Thanks for finding the answer!

Thank you.
We took our second cruise in February and just this week received one of the art prints.

Fingers crossed for the newly designed car magnet as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter