Back from a wonderful trip! Report and pictures. April 7-9

The second was the rudest guy ever on the train with us. He was sitting right behind us and he was swearing and complaining and making fun of people. I've never encountered anyone like him at the parks before. I think he was drunk. We all just ignored him and tried to forget all about it once we left the train.

Sheesh, I thought you guys had fun sitting in front of me! Figured I'd have a few swigs from my secret flask and entertain the train crowd with some off-color jokes and good-natured roasting. Guess that's my bad for sitting so close behind you on Casey Jr. :P

Thanks for sharing and glad you had an amazing trip! I agree, we did Minnie’s breakfast for the first time recently and it was such a fun experience. We also had a porch table and saw 9 characters, most of them multiple times as they went in and out of the nearby door. The kids didn’t eat a ton because they were so focused on the characters, and the interactions were some of the best we’ve had at a character meal.

Dumb question - what/where is Minnie's breakfast? Is that the one at Plaza Inn? My son is only so/so on characters so I feel like the price wouldn't be worth it. But I've always wanted to do one!

Dumb question - what/where is Minnie's breakfast? Is that the one at Plaza Inn? My son is only so/so on characters so I feel like the price wouldn't be worth it. But I've always wanted to do one!
Yes, it’s at Plaza Inn. You meet Minnie with a Photopass photographer first, then other characters stop by your table throughout the meal. Food is buffet style inside, although some stations they serve your selections onto your plate instead of getting food yourself.

Are some self-serve? Because I actually hate that. I prefer if only the staff handles the food.

Are some self-serve? Because I actually hate that. I prefer if only the staff handles the food.
Yes, it's at Plaza Inn. One thing I like about that one is it costs less than the others. I always thought it would feel like wasted park time doing Minnie's vs Goofy's, but I really enjoyed it. It was nice not leaving to go somewhere else.

The characters came to our table a few times, but they followed our lead as far as interactions. The first time we wanted hugs and pictures, but afterwards they'd just wave and go on their way.

The pastries and drinks were self serve, but the CMs serve the hot items like waffles and eggs. There's also an omelette station.

Yes, it's at Plaza Inn. One thing I like about that one is it costs less than the others. I always thought it would feel like wasted park time doing Minnie's vs Goofy's, but I really enjoyed it. It was nice not leaving to go somewhere else.

The characters came to our table a few times, but they followed our lead as far as interactions. The first time we wanted hugs and pictures, but afterwards they'd just wave and go on their way.

The pastries and drinks were self serve, but the CMs serve the hot items like waffles and eggs. There's also an omelette station.

Sounds great! My son is only so/so with characters these days so he might not even want them near him. We are about to hit 60 days before our trip. But not sure if we'll do it this time or next. Do they let you pick if you want to sit inside or outside?

Sounds great! My son is only so/so with characters these days so he might not even want them near him. We are about to hit 60 days before our trip. But not sure if we'll do it this time or next. Do they let you pick if you want to sit inside or outside?
They happened to give us the porch, which was what I wanted. There were alot of empty tables, so I bet they'd do their best to seat you where you want.

How exciting you're almost at 60 days! What ADRs are you getting?

I literally never done any ADRs at Disneyland. Our son is pretty picky and also not likely to sit through a longer meal. So we stick with counter service. Maybe someday though!
You're probably better off that way. I usually end up canceling most of ours because people don't want to stick to any kind of schedule. From now on I think we'll just do a character breakfast one day. There's so much great CS food at Disneyland the ADRs aren't necessary.

Great trip report! Glad you decided to go and had a good time.

Ugh, I'll echo the complaints for Oga's. We went in January for the first time and it will be our last time. They placed us at a standing table with other people and it was just awkward. There was a party leaving as we were being placed at the table, and one of the gals looked at me with her eyebrows raised and a look of dismay (like she was totally over the experience). Lol, I knew that wasn't a good sign.

We tried engaging in small talk with our table mates, but they weren't really interested (don't blame them for that at all). When I tried to even turn my body slightly so I wasn't staring directly at the people across from us, I was reprimanded by a CM telling me to keep the walkway clear (it barely made a difference how I was standing, but okay, whatever). It definitely wasn't a fun experience! I wish they packed less people in or had more space. Maybe it's better first thing in the morning? But who wants to waste precious morning hours at Oga's?!

The first was Oga's. We've been there before, so I know you share a booth with other people. But this timewe were seated with 5 other adults and 3 little kids. Our booth was just packed. My DD was too stressed to stay, so we left and went tothe milk stand while DH and DS stayed at Oga's. I think there should be a limit on how many people per booth. 7 adults, 2 teens and 3little kids was way too much for any booth to hold.

Yeah, last time we went to Ogas (April 2022) we had a reservation for 7 adults in our party, and they tried to put us at a booth with 6 other adults. And some of us are not very small. We actually balked when they led us to the booth and told us we'd all have to squeeze in, and asked if we could have some other arrangement. They obliged, but we had to wait another 20 minutes (we'd already waited 25). They gave us a booth to ourselves, though, which was nice. But having a reservation and waiting 45 minutes to go in for 45 minutes soured us on the experience a little. When we went in January 2023 we didn't bother and opted to spend our drink money at Lamplight instead.

I hope they figure something out because the space has so much potential to be such a fun place to go. Between the seating issues and the time limits (and it sounds like now the service has diminished) what should be fun and relaxing becomes stressful and annoying.

But I'm glad the trip was a good one! Someday I'll stay at the GC...someday...

Last time we were at Oga's, it seems like we sat at the bar, although I can't say I'm 100% on that. Anyone know if the bar can be requested? Also, if you're waiting, do they give you a buzzer or do you have to wait there in person?

Last time we were at Oga's, it seems like we sat at the bar, although I can't say I'm 100% on that. Anyone know if the bar can be requested? Also, if you're waiting, do they give you a buzzer or do you have to wait there in person?
You have to wait there in person. I've never asked for the bar but you could request it when you check in and see what they say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter