Back from a wonderful trip! Report and pictures. April 7-9

Last time we were at Oga's, it seems like we sat at the bar, although I can't say I'm 100% on that. Anyone know if the bar can be requested? Also, if you're waiting, do they give you a buzzer or do you have to wait there in person?
You can request the bar, but it is also standing, like the standing tables that surround the bar. There are no seats anywhere other than the booths along the sides, and these are typically for folks with a reservation.

I've only been once, and it was fun for what it was--my friend and I, last minute, seeing if we could get in one evening. We had a great time but I didn't love standing at the bar (we were half on the short part and half on the tall part)--and it felt like you were jostled a lot from people going by. But we did enjoy ourselves, met some nice people, loved the snacks and drink we got, and figured it was a fun way to spend an hour. That said, I've not felt inclined to go back unless I'm only with one other person and we can get in without a reservation.

Attachments

• ogas.jpg
    ogas.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 38
Great trip report! Glad you decided to go and had a good time.

Ugh, I'll echo the complaints for Oga's. We went in January for the first time and it will be our last time. They placed us at a standing table with other people and it was just awkward. There was a party leaving as we were being placed at the table, and one of the gals looked at me with her eyebrows raised and a look of dismay (like she was totally over the experience). Lol, I knew that wasn't a good sign.

We tried engaging in small talk with our table mates, but they weren't really interested (don't blame them for that at all). When I tried to even turn my body slightly so I wasn't staring directly at the people across from us, I was reprimanded by a CM telling me to keep the walkway clear (it barely made a difference how I was standing, but okay, whatever). It definitely wasn't a fun experience! I wish they packed less people in or had more space. Maybe it's better first thing in the morning? But who wants to waste precious morning hours at Oga's?!
We went at about 10:00am and they had just opened the standby line. We walked up just on the off chance they may have a vacancy as I hadn't been able to get a reservation online and we were shown to a booth straight away which we had all to ourselves (party of 2). There was barely anyone there at that time so our non alcoholic drink (which we shared) came quickly. We took it in turns wandering round and taking photos which was easy to do again as there was hardly anyone there and then after about 20 minutes we were ready to go. At that stage they seated a party of 5 at our booth and fortunately we just got up and left as we had had our fill. We are visiting DL again this December and bringing my 30 year old autistic son who loves Star Wars so we will try the same tactic again as he doesn't do well in cramped noisy spaces. Thinking we will hit EE and rides till 9:30 and then try our luck at the cantina as a walk up. Fingers crossed.

I've only been once, and it was fun for what it was--my friend and I, last minute, seeing if we could get in one evening. We had a great time but I didn't love standing at the bar (we were half on the short part and half on the tall part)--and it felt like you were jostled a lot from people going by. But we did enjoy ourselves, met some nice people, loved the snacks and drink we got, and figured it was a fun way to spend an hour. That said, I've not felt inclined to go back unless I'm only with one other person and we can get in without a reservation.
Ohmigosh @DizMe , I ❤️ your peasant shirt, or maybe it’s a dress…just love that embroidery!

Ohmigosh @DizMe , I ❤️ your peasant shirt, or maybe it’s a dress…just love that embroidery!
Thank you so much, Tinkaboo! I made the blouse. We went to Mexico and I fell in love with all of the beautiful embroidery and bought a shirt. From there, I decided to make one for each of my girls (4) and another for myself. I designed the patterns using ideas from pictures of Mexican blouses.

The one I made for my daughter who is a CM has a hidden Mickey!

So sorry to hijack your thread, Pluto!

Attachments

• 20231128_151235.jpg
    20231128_151235.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230911_201437.jpg
    20230911_201437.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 49802.jpeg
    49802.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 49576.jpeg
    49576.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 18

Thank you so much, Tinkaboo! I made the blouse. We went to Mexico and I fell in love with all of the beautiful embroidery and bought a shirt. From there, I decided to make one for each of my girls (4) and another for myself. I designed the patterns using ideas from pictures of Mexican blouses.

Wow, that's amazing! You're so talented. Hijack away :)

Oh, I forgot to post this picture-it's your dress lol

Attachments

• IMG_7907.JPG
    IMG_7907.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

I love how you can see a kitty supervising the shirt making process in one of the pics! 😆

These are amazing by the way! You are super talented.

Holy cow! Those are AWESOME! Yes, you are indeed most talented and so innovative! Just beautiful. Your handwork is exquisite. I used to love to embroider but my eyes just don’t cooperate anymore.

I did cross stitch this Pooh on a vintage Disney Store denim shirt but my work is not what it once was. I had to use those 10x light up glasses but I got it done ! 🤣

Again, Pluto, sorry for digressing!

Attachments

• IMG_1430.jpeg
    IMG_1430.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 17
Holy cow! Those are AWESOME! Yes, you are indeed most talented and so innovative! Just beautiful. Your handwork is exquisite. I used to love to embroider but my eyes just don’t cooperate anymore.

I did cross stitch this Pooh on a vintage Disney Store denim shirt but my work is not what it once was. I had to use those 10x light up glasses but I got it done ! 🤣

OMG!! That is adorable!!! Don't downplay your skills, girl. I love that you embroidered a vintage shirt. Now that's classy!

I know what you mean, though...I can't do what I used to. For one thing, I just can't see as well. For another...well, my brain synapses maybe don't fire as well as they did in the past, LOL.

If you ever get to, we really love storytellers. It’s the least sensory dysregulation for my family. The brunch is my fave.

At Storytellers, do you dish up your own food or does someone do it for you? I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I hate the idea of a full on buffet situation.

Thank you for the TR Pluto! Your breakfast sounds pleasant. We didn’t have too many great experiences there.

Same with Oga’s. One and done.

What were your experiences like at the Plaza Inn breakfast?

That is so cute!

At Storytellers, do you dish up your own food or does someone do it for you? I'm a bit of a germaphobe so I hate the idea of a full on buffet situation.

What were your experiences like at the Plaza Inn breakfast?
Storytellers is a buffet. I think we served ourselves.

Plaza inn was chaotic, table too close together, loud, lower qualify food. No time to eat because a lot of characters made quick stops. I haven’t been in 6 years.

Plate your own food. It is pretty 'controlled' flow of guests in line though not just an open space.

*not my picture but a wide angle photo I found online you wait near those stacks of plates and follow path of buffet food areas-
1713546350051.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I'd prefer Plaza Inn since at least they plate the hot stuff.

The amount of people gunky coughing everywhere (and not covering their mouths properly) on our last trip makes my skin crawl even when a buffet isn't involved. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter