back from ohana and whispering canyon

csamom

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We just got back from a magical Disney vacation and loved Whispering Canyon. Now we have 3 small children, (one is prone to squealing) and no one would have even looked our way if we were rowdy. Fun fun fun!

All the games and antics were hilarious-this is a great place for a group or fun celebration too. To top things off a bus load of red hat society ladies in their purple dresses arrived in the lobby for a decorations tour and ended up in the WC singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

The food was great-I am not even a big meat eater-but the cornbread would melt in your mouth and the potatoes and stew were great-as was the pulled pork etc.

Ohanas has a great atmosphere and a great set up but I have to say both times I have eaten there I have not felt well later that night. So, although I love the huge skewers of shrimp-I may have to retire this one.

Kona Cafe was a thumbs up with great food and service.
1900 Park Fare for b-fast was enjoyable-but I missed the castle. The places at Downtown Disney had no wait at 6pm without PS's.
Have a magical day.::MinnieMo

We've eaten at Whispering Canyon a few times & have enjoyed it. Last time we went with a large group & had a great time.

We've never eaten at Ohana's but have always wanted to try it. Maybe next trip we'll give it a shot. :D

I haven't felt all that well a couple hours after eating at Ohana's either. But I think the umbrella drinks might have something to do with that!:p

Thanks for your reviews! We'll be eating at all of those places(1900 Park Fare for dinner though) Christmas week. We ate at Ohana's several years ago and didn't have a problem. I'm looking forward to Whispering Canyon-I've wanted to eat there for years. My youngest loves ketchup!

For sharing your reviews I think we're going to have to give Kona Cafe a try.Seen many good post's on it.::yes:: :wave2:

csamom, when you didn't feel well after eating at Ohanas, did you have a strong pain in your stomach? When we ate there that's what happened to me (I did love the food though), then after we were home and went to our favorite Japanese restaurant where they cook right in front of you, I got this pain again and realized it was the same as in Ohana's and thinking on it realized it happened frequently at this restaurant too. I realized that both restaurants serve the salad with ginger dressing and since I have stopped eating that, I haven't had the problem.

Thanks for the review on WC, we really liked the food at Ohana's but I wanted to try WC next trip, but wasn't too sure about the food.:D

Thanks for all the interesting posts about Ohannas. We are eating there for the first time this summer.
I'm a heavy business traveller and have learned as well to steer clear of many of the exotic and unusual dressings, sides, etc. and just focus on the main food items. Too much rumbly in the tumbly later on.
We can't wait--Ohannas seems just perfect for our growing family. My DS at 16 seems to eat every 2 hours!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter