Back from very first DVC stay!!

DisneyHumbug

DIS Veteran
Just spent 4 nights in studio plus at BWV...(realized the studio is too small for us - next time 1 BR)....by the 2nd day realized we were in a smoking room (couldn't figure out what that smell was!). But it was fun hearing "Welcome Home" and the Boardwalk was great! Pool hopped to SAB twice. We had a car, so I don't have any info about the buses. Only 232 days til our next trip!

We have only stayed in studios so far (we are a family of 3 - our son is three) and are trying a 1BR. I hear once you try a 1BR you never want to go back. :D

I am glad you were able to utilize SAB. We are looking forward to that in Sept.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

You are absolutely correct! Once you stay in a 1BR or greater, it is very difficult to go back to a studio unless it is a short stay. You just can't beat the space and the amenities in the 1BR and above. We never cook much, but we do use the washer/dryer and the dishwasher! :)

Pam,

You may not believe this, but we have yet to use the hot tub since we joined in '95. We always say "next time", but I am afraid that I'm not too good at "relaxing" while at WDW. There's so much to do, so little time!
Maybe sometime in the next 42 years........ ;)

I believe you Paul. I've used it but not as much as I always "think" I will. You just have so many hours in the day at WDW. Still, I like to know it's there (just like that big machine in the kitchen that could be turned on to cook meals.) ;)

glad to hear you had a great trip!

When we purchased DVC in 1997, we thought we would use a studio unless we were traveling with family or friends...well, we've never been in a studio! Our first trip was in a 2 bedroom and we've never looked back! Can't bring ourselves to give up all that space! Enjoy your future vacations!

When we went to MGM in March, we were caught in a downpour and our shoes got soaked. Needless to say, by the time we got back to our 2BR, our feet were freezing. We filled up the hot tub and all 5 of us sat around it with our feet in it to warm them up. I'm sure if someone had walked into our room at that time, they would have gotten a pretty good laugh out of us! :jester:

My family (DH and 5 yr old boy) have always stayed in 1 bedrooms and for grand parents, two bedrooms! They are great because of the jacuzzi in OKW. Also, you can buy bath bubbles in France! OOOOOOOOOOOOLA LA!

I think BWV 1 bedrooms are small (especially the kitchen), haven't seen the studios. And the jacuzzi is no larger than a tub. However, sipping wine on the veranda in jammies watching Illuminations was kinda great!!!!

Just tried a studio at VB and I can do a studio again, but I sure do miss the washer/dryer in the room!

Go for the gusto, always!

:smooth:

We're a family of 3 but feel that the studio is adequate. We seldom are in the room except for sleeping, and I appreciate the points we save on a 1-bedroom. We find romance without a hot tub!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter