Back from VWL--LONG!

SCDizneyDawn

DIS Veteran
We stayed in a two br at VWL from June 9-16th, our first stay at VWL. I expected to realy like this resort, but came away LOVING it! :love:

We took our best friends and goddaughter, it was our goddaughter's first trip to Disney, our friends last trip gave them the 4 yr old little souviner named Olivia! princess:

The room was in perfect shape, no problems to report. We checked in at 10 am and our room was ready when we called from MK after 2pm (not sure what time, maybe closer to 3pm!)

We added trash and towel for everyday but mousekeeping did mess that up most of the days, including the day that was included. Several days they did not do the studio portion of the unit and several days they had not done it in our requested times (between 8am and noon). Everytime we called it was taken care of promptly, but it was anoying to have to call most of the days. The housekeeping supervisor did come to our room and talked to us, took off some of the charges to our satisfaction. DH says we will never add it again, too much frustration but I love the service, even at the new prices. So we will see if I can get him to add it on our next trip in Oct!:confused3

I think the transportation was the best we have ever had. We have only ever stayed at BCV and BWV and the busses can leave a little to be desired at thouse resorts (but the walking and boats make up for it!) The busses all but one time were very prompt and the one time we waited 30 min for a bus there were three wheelchairs on it coming from Epcot, so I understood why it was so long. We only used the boat back from MK twice, then used the bus exclusively because it seemed SO much faster. The MK bus is only for WL, not shared with any other resort, so it is very quick. Also, the two times we were on a boat, they were not air conditioned, so we prefred the cool bus!

Parks were crowded as expected, but we did do early opening every day and it worked well for us to then leave for naps after lunch each day. We did head back into theme parks after dinner a couple of nights, but mostly just spent the mornings in theme parks.

We had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night on our last night (supposed to check out that morning) and my husband was admitted to Celebration hospital. VWL was very understanding and helpful during this time, letting me get back as soon as I could, reserving me a studio for that night and letting me move into the studio portion of the 2 br we already had. I asked them to leave some clean sheets in the studio because that is where our guests had stayed (they left the night before all this happened!) and they completley cleaned the studio while I was at the hospital :thumbsup2

Be sure to check your bill, they did charge us for 5 nights of valet parking. If you do not catch it until check out, you have to call an 800 number and a credit has to be put thru on your card, a small hassel that made me wish I had thought to get a bill the night before check out to check for mistakes. I almost forgot to get a copy, one was not on the door when I returned from the hospital, while I was waiting for Mother in Law to pick me up I remembered I had not gotten one!

We had the dinning plan and had some great meals. We ate dinners at Boma, Concourse Steakhouse, Kona, Coral Reef, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, and Capt n Jacks. All were good meals, with the Coral reef and Concourse steakhouse being the two best. Don't know that we will do the dinning plan again, it was more food than we should be eating. For our Oct trip we will be with my parents and they usually get the DDE, so we will try that way and see what we think!

Love our DVC as much as always!:cheer2:

Thanks for the report - hope all is well with your DH.

Glad you loved VWL! Hope DH is on the mend! What a drag to have to find a hospital when away from home!

Thanks for the well wishes! He will have his Gallbladder out this coming Friday, hopefully he will be feeling normal again soon!

Thanks for the trip report. Hope your DH gets along well.

Glad you had such a great experience at VWL. It is a gorgeous resort.

Best wishes to your DH for a speedy recovery.

Glad you had a great stay. You're sounding like a true "groupie". I'll keep your dh in my thoughts for a great surgery and a speedy recovery.

Thank you for sharing your VWL experience with all of us.

And some "Moose Dust" for the surgery on Friday. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the well wishes! He will have his Gallbladder out this coming Friday, hopefully he will be feeling normal again soon!

Ugh!! My family has a history of having this problem... I suspect I am one of the next.... Hope all is going well with DH. Glad DVC was accomodating. Hope your next trip is uneventful.... :)

I am so glad all you loved the Lodge. Sorry to hear about your DH. The transporation is good at VWL. :thumbsup2

So glad your trip to the lodge was magical....

Sorry about your DH....hope he feels better soon...
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter