• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back lot tour at MGM is up and running

safetymom

dis veteran
I went to MGM today to ride the new back lot tour. There was a 20 minute wait for the ride so it is running.

Several people had wondered about it. I will wait until the crowds die down. MGM was packed today.

I promised an update when I finally got to ride it.

I took the Backlot tour today. Still had at least a 20 minute wait. The first part of the tour with the effects is the same.

The tour itself is shorter, they have rearranged the props, they do drive you through the buildings that house the props and costuming.

It still goes to Catastrophe Canyon, then it loops around like you are heading for the end of the ride. You get a chance to take a picture of New York Street.

The ride ends at the AFT exhibit. It is all about Villians. The Home Improvement merchandise is in the trailer in front of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

I liked the original Backlot tour, can't see that they really did all that much while it was closed except move the props around again. Most of the props are on the left side of the tram.

Thanks for the update?

I can't believe all that stuff was closed off for them to just move stuff around. We're the construction areas still there? When we went on it in August they had huge areas all fenced in so I thought it would be different.

Yes, there are still large areas closed off. That is for the stunt show. It would have been nice if they had expanded the tour.

Well at least it is up an running. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that ride. Also the Great Movie Ride. I really thought they were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter