• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back route into Disney

vernon

DIS Veteran
While the traffic was pretty good last week, I did try the back route into Disney ( Animal Kingdom end) and it is a great way to get into Disney property if the 192 is busy. The road is Shelbourne road and is just East of Splendid China. As I like eating at AKL this is a great shortcut for me :) ( or anyone going to AK or BB from the western part of the 192 or along I27) .

Is this Sherberth Road, (opposite Entry Point Boulevard)? I can recommend this route. You can also join it from a bit further up, along Black Lake Road (I think), just behind a chicken nugget place (you know what I mean!), after the Publix on the route to WDW. It takes you past the place where cast members are auditioned, (that's how I found it!).

Yours Truly

We use Black Lake Road, we stay at the top of the 192 west so it is handy for us, it saved time during the road works.

We used this virtually every day when we stayed at Vernon's villa last year. We could be at entry turnstyles of Animal Kingdom within 10 minutes of leaving the villa: a great way to feed my AK addiction!

Thanks to whoever it was who told me about this before our visit last year, I'm sure it was someone on the UK DIS.

Regards

Rob

...... I think it was me :) ( or maybe I told Vernon who told you :D LOL!!)
At the time we were there - April 2001 there were major road improvements being made and this was an excellent little shortcut!

We tried this short cut when we stayed near the 192 for the first time last October.We found the road easily but once you come to the intersection I didn't then know which way to go.We chose one way but it was obviously the wrong way as we ended up in a staff car park or something.

Does anyone have a more detailed description once you hit the intersection where you decide which way to go please?!:confused:

When you turn into Sherberth Road you stay on it (it bends around the the left, then to the right). You will arrive a a junction with traffic lights. Turn left here takes you to Animal Kingdom Lodge; straight ahead is a private Disney road (is this the one which takes you to a staff car park?); and right takes you towards the theme parks. If you want to go to Animal Kingdom there is gap in the central reservation after a couple of hundred yards which allows you to do a 'U' turn - this takes you immediately to the ticket booths for the AK car park. It's pretty starightforward.

Regards

Rob

We've used this for our past 3 trips now. We can be at AK or AKL within 5 minutes from Formosa Gardens. And although it's not exactly a well-kept secret, it isn't known to that many people so you do feel a bit elite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter