• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back to Eat All The Things - An October '21 PTR

coloredimage

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

I'm Elle as some of you know, and this is my mother:

51364866186_5d511b6c66_b.jpg

I am a WDW AP holder (and if my friends convince me enough I may be a DL passholder as well soon, oops) who lives in Massachusetts where my day job is as a 7th grade ELA teacher and the middle school drama director. My mother is a RETIRED middle school teacher.

My mother and I started when I turned 30 to take annual trips for Food and Wine for a weekend in October. Last year we ended up canceling our trip because we would have had to take too much time off work and the year before I went but she was unable to, so this is a trip back three years in the making! Also my mother retired at the beginning of the summer, so we're going to celebrate together at her favorite festival!

We'll be in Disney from October 8-11 though we're getting in late on the 8th and leaving midday on the 11th, so we'll only have 2 park days which we are fine with. We're just doing a relaxing weekend eating all the food and doing some of our favorites in our two favorite parks: Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

We'll be staying at the Contemporary so that'll be nice.

I was smart and bought our plane tickets MONTHS ago when we first booked. Which is great, because I booked this trip in February....and was promptly put on the back burner because of my July trip.

To give you an idea of how much on the back burner? My ADR day is TOMORROW. Thankfully my mother knows what she wants so that's good.

So will this be the longest PTR ever? No. But will it be the place I spend the next 61 days panicking and throwing ideas around? Yup, you betcha!

What are your plans for your ADRs? We get there on the 9th, and I'm curious to see what everyone's level of success will be in trying to get ADRs during that time.

What are your plans for your ADRs? We get there on the 9th, and I'm curious to see what everyone's level of success will be in trying to get ADRs during that time.

I only needed a few so I had some decent luck! I'm actually about to post about it now lol.

ADRs

I managed to get myself up on Monday at 5:55 am to make my ADRs. I was shocked mostly because I apparently forgot to set my alarm - I got home a little late Sunday night and was focused more on getting ready for bed than setting my alarm.

My mother and I only had 2 ADRs we wanted to make so it worked out fairly well. We did originally want to go to California Grill but since it's still not open for reservations passed October 2nd we decided to do Citricos to try the new menu instead.

So we'll be doing Citricos on Saturday evening at 6:30 and Sanaa on Sunday evening at 6:30. That way if we decide to go to Disney Springs or just have a relaxing night back at the hotel we can do either.

We Leave This Week!

September was the biggest black void for me. I had a show, work restarted, and it's been a very tough 6 weeks. Every time I've wanted to log onto the boards I've been too mentally exhausted to bring myself to do so. Honestly I'm pretty exhausted right now and it's barely past 7 pm!

The fact that we leave Friday is insane to me. I just put my (empty) park water bottle into my travel bag and it still doesn't feel real. Since my last update we received our Magic Bands - Mum and I both got the 50th anniversary bands and then I got the silver sparkly one for my AP band. Last night I threw all my stuff together and decided I should probably have a checked bag so that I have enough room for everything, so this morning I logged onto JetBlue and added a checked bag for myself - my mother's already got one for herself.

So, outfits:

Day One (Saturday)*:
- Morning will be a Ratatouille tank with the Gousteau's sign, a jean skirt, Spaceship Earth ears, a black 3 caballeros backpack, and a lightweight black shrug/cardigan/thing, with either my black sandals or sneakers, depending on the weather

- Evening will be a blue floral dress with black sandals

Day Two (Sunday):
- Morning will be a "Make It Pink, Make It Blue" tie-dyed shirt, a black skirt, black sandals, tie-dye ears, and a floral backpack with Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather on it.

- Evening will be a purple top with a pair of green shorts and either sandals or sneakers depending on how my feet feel

Day Three (Monday):
- Haunted Mansion shirt and jeans. Probably won't do much because our flight is early but we may run to another hotel for breakfast.

* I'm not counting Friday as it'll be 90% traveling all day. I'll just wear whatever I grab.

I think those are the only things I've wanted to update but haven't had the ambition to do so. If I think of more I will share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter