Back to our happy place TR - Finally Complete!

A dream is a wish

Mouseketeer
Hello :wave2:

We visited DLP from 01/08/13 to 05/08/13. It was myself (Kara) and my lovely daughter Chloe who is 7. We were going with my friends Rachael, Jit and their 2 year old son Dylan. We stayed at Santa Fe.

We’d booked the room in my name and included Dylan on the room and we ordered annual passes for Rachael, Jit and Chloe. As the others were ordering the passes Chloe’s only cost 35 euros!

Before going I emailed DLP to enquire about having one of the newly refurbished rooms. I also emailed to ask about the free half board vouchers that I had got with the booking. Dylan did not get anything for as he was an infant but last time we had to pay for his meals wherever we went. However as it stated vouchers included I was wondering what would be available for him, basically whether we would get in writing that he is entitled to such and such at table service restaurants. I was surprised to be emailed back and told that Dylan’s age had been changed to 3 on the booking as it does not impact the price of the booking and that way he will get the half board standard meal vouchers. I was told that this would not affect the rest of us upon check in (as we can only share a room because he is under 3) and that the hotel had been notified.

We were staying in London the night before at the Euston Travelodge. We got up to a lovely rainy day in Birmingham. We’d had lovely sunshine for a while before so the bad weather led to a load of extra clothes being packed just in case.

We were getting the train from Birmingham to London Euston in the afternoon. We had two happy children on the train.

I’d been up all night sorting things and stressing about forgetting things and ended up falling asleep on the train :rotfl:

We checked in easily and found our nice clean room for the night. On the way into Birmingham Rachael noticed Dylan’s trainers were coming apart in one place so the three of them headed out to buy him some new ones in London.

As I hadn’t slept well Chloe hadn’t, if she stirs and hears me up she gets up so she’d only had a few hours sleep. We were both tired and hungry so we went to grab a McDonalds and come back to the room. Afterwards we both had showers and got ready for bed.

Rachael and Jit returned and we had a nice early night ready for the next day.
We’d paid to have the breakfast there, it was a buffet and there were sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, beans, halved tomatoes, bread, then all kinds of cereal boxes including individually wrapped weetabix (I got quite excited by these), muffins, croissants, jam etc. It was good considering it was approximately £6 per adult and children were free. We all ate plenty anyway. Soon it was time to leave for the Eurostar so we went back to the room to grab the cases, stopping to take a photo of my lovely little lady.

We got there in plenty of time and soon enough it was our time to go!
We were given the tickets and vouchers on the train so were ready to drop the cases off and go into the parks. We arrived a little late but we were there! It was so hot!!

We’re home!

As soon as we walked into the park Dylan wanted a big Mickey balloon so his Dad got him one. We all thought they were good value, it was 7.50 which is what the ones in Birmingham cost and they’re nowhere near as nice. Also Jit was told if it was lost or went down today to come back and it would be replaced.

Right, first stop – getting the annual passes changed from the paper ones.

On the way look what we saw!

Back to getting the permanent passes. After expecting a big queue to do this I was surprised to see that there wasn’t one, so my lovelies posed for a picture outside.

We walked in and were seen to straight away. 10 mins later we had 3 annual passes and were on our way. We’d arranged to split (as the kids are such different ages they’d want to do different things, particularly Chloe) and meet outside Cafe Mickey at 6:15pm so off we went.

Me and Chloe realised that both of our trips had started with Pirates of the Caribbean so we knew where we wanted to start.

On the way we saw these two:

Aladdin was wonderful, chatty and friendly and playing with Chloe's minnie ears. He asked her if she was Princess Minnie because of the ears, it completely confused her :lmao:

The CM with them closed the queue a few minutes after we arrived. I heard her explaining to some other people that different characters will be out in the different lands between 1pm and 4pm. After Chloe had seen them I asked the CM if they would be here tomorrow so I could let Rachael and Jit know and she said yes.

Then we went off to Pirates! The wait time said 20 mins but we were on in 15. I didn’t realise the queuing area had changed and parts of the ride too. Chloe loves this ride. She liked pretending to be scared in the queuing area.

Afterwards we were looking at what else we could go on but it was so hot I decided it was best to go and book Chloe’s makeover for that Saturday. We had no problems with this, we were initially given 11:20 but when Chloe was trying on the dresses to see which one was the best fit that appointment was given to someone else as it hadn’t been filled in properly in the book, but it was fine, we had 10:40am instead. I saved 17 euros on the makeover thanks to Chloe's Dreams pass.

I took a photo of the price list if anyone wanted to see it.

Afterwards we went to check in at the Santa Fe, on the way we stopped off at Earl of Sandwich :dance3:

I had my usual number 5 :yay: and Chloe had the kids meal, she chose the nutella one with chocolate brownies and a fanta (can you tell she loves chocolate? You can tell she’s on holiday having a chocolate meal!)
We went to Santa Fe, reception was really quiet. I was able to add Rachael, Jit and Chloe to the room easily and I only had to pay to add Rachael and Jit as there was a child already added (Dylan x2) I was confused but she changed Dylan to Chloe and the age and paid the 8 euros to add Rachael and Jit to the room. I also picked up all of the breakfast passes, they didn’t always have the times we wanted but I was told not to worry and to turn up at the time I wanted with the card for that day.

We found the room easily, last year I’d paid for a closer one yet it was far from the river and reception so this year I didn’t bother and we ended up being closer to both! I noticed the outside of the buildings had been painted and they look great I really liked it. We had also been given one of the refurbished rooms, it looked lovely. As soon as we got in I took some photos.

Oooh im in too, great start, Chloes a real cutie. Looking forward to your next installment x

Great report so far. Where did you get Chloe's t-shirt with her name on it?

Me and Rachael made it, when it was Dylan's birthday he had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed party and instead of giving a goody bag all of the children had a top with their name on with a Mickey or Minnie head on. They were really easy to make and I think they came out really well :goodvibes

On the way to Cafe Mickey Chloe decided to be the troll of the bridge between Santa Fe and Cheyenne.

We were outside Café Mickey a little early so we went over to the crocodile outside Rainforest Cafe as Chloe loves this. At about 6:20pm a big queue was forming outside so we decided to get in line. We got talking to the people behind us and they were saying they had been to the Sea Life Centre or something like that and when they came out at around they were told to be careful as it was 38 degrees! Finally we got to the front, I explained that three others would be coming and they said no problem and that theyd send them over when they got there. We were taken to a table upstairs, after a few minutes I saw them so waved at them to just come in. I realised Id forgotten the adult HB voucher so we used each used a child one for the meal. I ordered a large bottle of sparkling water for me and Chloe, Rachael had water for her and Dylan and Jit had a couple of soft drinks. Me and Chloe ad the garlic bread and I cant remember the name of the pizza but it had pepperoni, cheese, rocket and mushrooms on it, Rachael and Jit ordered the Pizza Royale.

First to come along was Mickey.

Then Chloes favourite, Pluto, who was lovely and playful.

When he was signing Chloes book she realised she hadnt asked Mickey to sign it. She was getting a little bit stressed and we were telling her it was fine and wed see him another day so we could get it another time. Pluto picked up her book and pen and walked over to Mickey at another table and got it signed :love:

Once again she was very happy and had another photo with him.

Our garlic bread came, it was huge! We all had a bit apart from Jit whos not keen.

Next Minnie came, she picked up Dylans plate and pretended to eat his garlic bread :rotfl2:

Then she posed for a couple of photos.

Dylan now started to get very excited, Goofy was coming, he absolutely loves him!

Next over was Rabbit, Chloe was very excited and started jumping up and down and Rabbit joined in. Dylan was still shouting after Goofy but after Rabbit had got his attention he was very happy to meet him.

Our pizzas came, these were also huge, me and Chloe couldnt finish it. After using a voucher it came to around 20 euros for me and Chloe, I think Jit paid a similar amount for the three of them.

Wed had a good time but felt something was missing, it wasnt as fun and felt a bit more rushed than it had before. It was a little disappointing since the other times had been amazing, but the kids enjoyed it and thats what matters.

We went back to show Rachael Jit and Dylan the room and then to collect their luggage and to see where reception and breakfast was etc. Chloe was happy to go exploring.

We popped into the shop and Chloe saw the baby Pegasus cuddly toy and said she really wanted it, I said she might do of she keeps being good, lovely bit of bribery :)

When wed done this we all got back and got into bed for an early start the next morning.

We’d got different breakfast time slots as I wanted to be up and out as early as I could, it didn’t always work this way though!

We got up at 6:30am and after a crazy run around getting ready we got to breakfast at 7:10am. We got what we wanted and managed to find a table easily. I don’t really let Chloe have sugary cereal at home so out of all the breakfast things this is all she really wanted! I kept trying to tempt her with other things but she wasn’t at all interested, typical.

As we left breakfast I noticed the bus leave and it must have only had 10 people on so I went back in to reception to ask how often the buses are and was told every 12 minutes so I decided to wait for the next one. You can see how bright and sunny it was already!

We got into the park at 8:10am.

I love taking photos of the castle, I always take so many.

We saw quite a few members of staff working on the gardens, painting areas etc in the park during EMH, I know this had been a current criticism so I thought I'd add this.

First, we needed to try to pull the sword from the stone.

Then we went on Le Carrousel de Lancelot, I really don’t like this ride. I don’t like climbing up on the horses and when it stops I’m always seem to be high up and struggle to get down easily, so being the big wuss I am, I sat on one of the carriages and watched Chloe be brave on one of the horses :lmao:

Then we went on Dumbo, I not keep on this either :rotfl: it’s the bouncing it does when you’re up high and move to go down. Chloe thinks it’s hilarious to do this and scare me! I distracted myself by taking photos of the view.

Next we went on Peter Pan. This is one we both enjoy, I like to notice new things every time we’re on it, Chloe likes to laugh at Hook in the crocs mouth.

We then went over to the tea cups, this was closed when we were here in November so I was looking forward to going on this again. Rachael said Dylan loved going on this.

We had a little sit down and drink and it was really hot. After a few minute we walked round to have a go on Buzz.

This is another ride we love, although I get quite competitive on this, I have to be in control of turning the seat otherwise it will be the end of the world! I’m not like it on anything else, this ride does something to me :rotfl2: Dylan is crazy about this ride, he has got to be Buzz's biggest fan, he knows where all the Buzz pictures and window displays are in the parks and shouts out before you get to them :lovestruc

It was now 9:10am and Chloe was desperate to get to the studios. I realised I’d forgotten to tell Rachael what time we should meet for dinner, we’d planned to go to Plaza Gardens and when we discussed it I couldn’t remember if I’d said 5:30pm for definite for not. I decided to book it and hopefully run into them (!) or see them there. We popped into City Hall to make the reservation, we couldn’t make it for 5:30pm, we had to have 6pm, so I booked it and decided we’d turn up early just in case they came at that time. I also asked where we might be able to find Ariel after the makeover tomorrow, I was told where she may be in the two parks and also the Princess Pavilion and Auberge de Cendrillon. We’d booked Auberge so I was hoping she’d be there. I was told the most likely place is the Studios before the Stars ‘n’ Cars parade.

The Studios wasn’t open so we sat in the shade and had another drink and put some more sun tan lotion on before getting in the queue. They opened the gates at around 9:30am and a family went through and were having a load of photos with the staff and then their children officially opened the Studios. Immediately all of the crazy running for Crush started – I still don’t get this, they’re mad.

We got through the gates and got in line for Crush.

At 9:45 they opened the ride and we were on and off my 10:05am. This was so much better than I remembered, I loved it.

We headed to Toy Story Playland.

Parachutes had a 10 minute queue so we went on it. Chloe was now desperate to go on RC Racer so over we went. It didn’t have a time stated outside, however we only queued for 5 minutes. She loved it! We went on Slinky next as there was only a 5 minute queue for this. We needed to stand in the shade and have a drink for a few minutes again and to put even more sun cream on, I was worried we’d burn.

After we’d done this we HAD to go on Tower of Terror according to Chloe. The queue for this was 15 minutes (this was the longest we queued for this the whole time we were there). However, the fast pass time started in 30 minutes so we grabbed the fast passes and then got in the queue.

The lift seemed to be full of people who had not been on the ride before which really added to it, it was great.

After we had a little break, we went to the toilets which were being cleaned as most of the were whenever we visited, I know this has been something that people have complained about before but at least something is being done. They still smell though. We had a drink and stood under the water sprayer thing for few minutes before going back on Tower of Terror. This time we were sat next to a family, the mom wasn’t sure which seatbelt to use so Chloe helped her. She laughed and said you can tell me you’re new to this and then asked me if we really needed the seatbelt. I laughed and said yes and she looked a little worried. After the first drop she sat with her head in her hands. She was shaking when we got off, her husband and kids loved it. She said to her husband why didn’t you tell me it was like that? He was saying well how else would I have got you on?! Naughty! I did feel sorry for her, her kids were giggling and her son was saying Mommy’s going to be sick again. I’m glad she wasn’t sick on the ride! She did seem ok by the time we’d got outside though.

Next we went over to Rock n Roller Coaster. It was similar to Tower of Terror, the queue for this was 10 minutes and the fast pass start time was in half an hour so we grabbed a fast pass and got in the queue. The music wasn't on this time and it really makes a difference, its like a completely different ride, its not as fun without it. Also my head banged loads this time, Chloe said hers did too but she wanted to go on again.

We went and bought a drink from the Blockbuster Cafe, I got the 10% off with Chloe's Dream Pass (only 30 cents but every little helps!) and then I was given a voucher for a free drink later on in the day. I thought you only got them if you ordered food so its not bad at all for 2.70 euros!

We went back over when it was our time slot and queued for around 10 minutes. The music was on this time, much better. I realised if you put your head forwards it doesn't bang your head so much, I was trying to shout to tell Chloe but she didn't move her head, she said afterwards she didn't hear me. She was squealing away but then after a while she just went quiet. When we were getting off she was really pale, I was asking her if she was alright and she wasn't answering, then she started crying saying shed banged her head and it was hurting and that she didn't feel well. I felt awful, we had a sit down for 5 minutes and a cuddle. I normally carry paracetamol sachets in my bag when were in DLP but for some reason I only had one with me (and about 2000 plasters and antiseptic wipes :lmao:) so I gave her that one and suggested grabbing some food and going back to the room and surprisingly she agreed. She said she wanted a mcdonalds so we left the Studios.

The service in there was awful, Chloe doesn't like sauce and eats her food plain, sometimes I wonder how shes my daughter as I eat most things with sauce! She wanted a plain cheeseburger happy meal and I had a big mac meal, mine was ready quickly but we had to wait for Chloe's cheeseburger. 25 minutes later we were still waiting! Eventually it was ready and they offered to replace her chips but shed already eaten them while she was waiting! When we got back to the room at about 1:20pm, we ate and she had some more medicine and had a nap. I must admit I may have said that if she had a nap then Pegasus was hers, shes not keen on sleeping at the best of times but she went straight off. I had a shower and chilled out for a bit until I woke her at 3pm. She got up feeling much better.

She got ready and we headed back out in the heat. We went to the shop and bought Pegasus and got the bus to the parks. We went to the Studios, there were not any characters around apart from the planned ones and they were due to finish not long after we had got there and the lines were closed. We saw Daisy just down from the Cars ride we waited a while but other children and adults actually were shoving Chloe out of the way. One thing Ive noticed more this time is that adults are pushing children out of the way to get a photo with the characters. I don't care if an adult or a child wants a photo with a character, to be honest I behave more like a child than an adult when I'm there skipping around with my Minnie ears on but its the pushing and shoving I cant stand from anyone. Anyway, the CM said shed be back in 30 minutes. I asked Chloe if she fancied a quick go on a ride and she chose RC Racer. We went there and there wasn't a time outside so we went to queue.

When we got closer I saw that the queue was huge so we went back out. It was still so hot and Chloe wanted a drink of cold water and ours had gone warm so I bought her a bottle and decided to sit in the shade on a bench and wait for Daisy. Wed sat down for a minute and had a drink an put some more cream on when Chloe decided she wanted an ice lolly from the stand nearby so we went to get one. Why don't they do child size ones? They're all huge, Id pay the same but even half the size would have been too big. She wanted an ice lolly so had the twister one (I think that's what it was). We went back to the bench and enjoyed the shade for a few minutes.

I noticed two families queuing near one of the character meets and a photographer had just arrived so we went over to have a look. I asked the photographer if a character was coming and he said Pluto would be out in 5 minutes, Chloe squealed and asked if we could stay to see him, of course we could and we got in the queue. Just as we got to the queue the one family left so we were second in line! Around a minute later he came out. He was AMAZING! Chloe showed him Pegasus and he had a little play. Then he grabbed her Minnie ears and hung them off his nose and was teasing her, putting his nose down so that she could get them and then moving away at the last second. Eventually she put her hand out to grab them and he took them off his nose and ran off. She chased after him and they were running around the photo area. Eventually he gave them back and was hugging her really tight, I could hear her giggling. He took her book to sign and she was beaming at me, the photographer took a photo of her and managed to catch the end of it. Afterwards he wouldn't give her book and pen back so they were playing a little game between them. Then they had some photos taken. Pluto wouldn't let go of her and when I said come on to Chloe he shook his head and held on to her. Eventually he let her go, not before knocking off my ears! Naughty Pluto! I was saying thank you as it was so nice to see her like that, shes not like it anywhere else and I got all teary. Its just so overwhelming seeing her like that, for crying my lovely daughter laughed at me for being soppy :rotfl: It was a brilliant meet though, she had at least 5 minutes with him, which is long compared to how it normally is. I bought a few of the photos on the last day but I've added them here along with my ones.

Id been holding Chloe's ice lolly and it was melting all over me, I offered it her back and she just wanted her water, so we dumped it in the bin and cleaned myself up. Then we noticed Goofy in a special outfit, I think its Tower of Terror but I'm not sure. Chloe wanted to meet him so we followed him to Tower of Terror where he was posing for photos. He was very playful with the French children but didn't play with the English, I've never encountered this before and I thought it was just me at first but we there a little while and it wasn't very nice. Chloe asked me after why he didn't play with her like some of the other children, I just told her he knew shed had fun with Pluto and needed to rush off for dinner. Maybe I was imagining it but I've never come across anything like that before, but she did get to meet him in his lovely outfit.

Now it was time to go into the park for dinner at Plaza Gardens. We arrived at 5:30pm but Rachael, Jit and Dylan weren't there. We waited around for 5 minutes but there was no sign of them. One of the good things about us lot is that we don't get stressed if each other are late for anything etc. its not the end of the world, I know they would just be eating elsewhere instead as wed not confirmed a time instead of stressing and it being a drama like it would be for some other people I know, so I wasn't worried. We went inside and got in the queue. When it was our turn I explained that we were now a 2 and was told no problem. I asked if I could use the standard half board vouchers at face value so I could have the refill drinks and was told no problem and the person Id see next to pay would sort it. I wrote what happened on my highs and lows so I'm copying and pasting what I wrote there. I asked the next person and was told no. I tried to explain what I meant as I thought she may not have understood what I was asking and she rudely told me no, one drink. I started to explain Id been told I could at which point she took the vouchers and became even more rude about it, raising her voice telling me no, I will only get one. There was a queue behind me and I was embarrassed so decided to just leave it and buy an extra drink later. We were taken to our table and we went to get some salad. Our drinks were bought to us. We went to get some more food and when we returned our table had been cleared. I asked the person seeing to our table where our drinks had been taken as we wanted them and was told they had been cleared and we could not have any more drinks. Chloe began to get upset so I said it wasn't on as she was getting upset and we wanted our drinks back. Then I was told Chloe may have a small drink. When she returned, Chloe had a glass smaller that she had originally been given and it was half full. I was refused a drink. I asked to buy another and was told no. By this point Id had enough. I was really upset and we got up and left. It might sound daft but I felt like I was getting nowhere and being ignored. I was getting myself worked up and decided it wasn't worth the stress.

I was really upset when we left and just decided to wait for the parade. As we got closer I noticed the lovely ice cream place just further along from Bella Notte and decided to go crazy, I needed ice cream and lots of it. The queue was small but it took so long to be served. It was 2.60 for one scoop, 3.60 for two and 3.90 for three but there was a sign up saying they were doing 3 scoops for 3.60. I had three scoops of course! Two coffee and one pistachio and Chloe had a scoop of the chocolate one. Id had to have two of the coffee one as Id wanted a chocolate one but Chloe had the last bit, good job I love her! We also had a coke and a fanta. It came to around 11 euros after discount. We went over to get a parade spot, we were opposite Bella Notte just a little further up. Its funny how a heap of sugar can make everything better! Chloe and Pegasus played while we waited.

I only took a couple of photos as I had my camcorder out and couldn't manage the two. These are the photos that are of something other than the floor or sky :lmao:

The parade is AMAZING from the front, I was never as fussed before as wed wonder along when it was on and wave but I get why people wait for a spot now. I was blown away, the princesses were waving and blowing kisses at Chloe and Pinocchio high fived her, we also had great interaction from the other characters walking along, Chloe was beaming again, so I got all teary, again! I cant control it, its just seeing her so happy this is what I LOVE about Disneyland! It really is our happy place :love:

After the parade I decided to have a wonder and go on a ride. We ended up going on Les Pays de Contes de Fées. Last time this and Casey Jr. were closed and we never managed to go on either when we were there on the first trip. I really like this little boat ride, we had the boat to ourselves and all of the other boats around us were empty too. Chloe was impressed with it as well, so much so that she didn’t want to get off it. It was really peaceful, I managed to take some photos while Chloe was getting excited by all the little things she had spotted.

When we were at the end I asked if we could stay on as it had been a walk on and there was only one family waiting to go on it, they were put in our boats, Chloe wasn’t impressed that it wasn’t just us on the boat anymore! We then went over to Big Thunder Mountain. We grabbed a fast pass for later and got in the queue, I think it was 60 minutes. I’d missed this ride, it’s so much fun! Afterwards we went on Phantom Manor which was a walk on. This time Chloe clung to me and was scared when we were sitting in the seats, I was surprised as she doesn’t really get frightened, I told her it was alright, that it was just a ride so it’s not real. She looked at me so seriously and said but you can’t control a ghost, they must be real! She wouldn’t accept anything else so I just told her she wouldn’t have to go on it again. We had some time before we could go back for Big Thunder Mountain so we walked over to Adventureland.

After a quick go on Pirates which had a five minute queue we went back over to Frontierland to Big Thunder Mountain for our fast pass time, we were five minutes early so needed to wait. We went over when it was our time and they were starting to send people away as the ride had broken down. We were told it would be at least an hour until it was up and running and that if we wanted we could return with the fast passes another day.

It was getting late now so we decided to get something to eat as we were both hungry and to get a spot for Dreams. Main Street was already rammed. Chloe fancied a hot dog so we went to Casey’s. It was really busy and took a good while to be served. Chloe made friends and had a little dance :rotfl2:

We shared a hot dog and fries and had a coke and a fanta. I realised when we’d left that 3 drinks had been put in the bag instead of 2, I assumed I’d been misunderstood and had paid for 3 but later on I noticed the receipt only had 3 drinks on, so thank you Casey’s.

It was now just after 10pm and we managed to get a spot sitting in front of the castle, just about. We sat down, ate and played the Disney alphabet game until it was time for Dreams. When it started the lovely people to the side stood up and spoilt some of the view for the people behind, it didn’t ruin it for me though. Chloe moved to the side a bit and sat on her knees as the people behind were and she could see perfectly. Dreams is incredible, I love it! The new scenes are amazing I love them, I much prefer these although I did like the old ones. I only took a couple of pics as my camera isn't very good. Rachael took some great ones on her phone, I'll have to get them and add them on here.

Afterwards we managed to get into one of the arcades instead of walking among the huge crowd going down Main Street to get out. In the end we decided to get the bus and as we got to the bus stop it arrived. We were back to the room not long after, Rachael, Jit and Dylan hadn’t got back yet so we got ready for bed. When they got back we had a catch up, the kids fell asleep and finally at about 2am we went to sleep.

I woke up later than I meant to, I’d slept through the alarm, Rachael shouted over to tell me it was going off so I turned it off and went back to sleep! I got up at 8:30, me and Chloe had quick showers and rushed off to breakfast around 9:10am.

Afterwards we went out into the bright sunshine and got the bus to the parks. We were too early for the makeover but there wasn’t enough time to go into the park and go on a ride so I sat on a bench in the shade front of the DLH and Chloe played with a couple of leaves :rotfl2:

Then we went in the DLH. I love this picture!

We went to the shop to collect her things and get changed. She’d had the Ariel package which included the dress, tiara, bouquet, gloves, shoes and a photo. It is supposed to be 169 euros but with the Dream annual pass discount it came to 152 euros. I realised as we walked off that her tiara wasn’t in the bag so we had to go back to and get it. I got her changed and took the tag off the shoes and when she put them on I realised they were way too small. I said it didn’t matter and she could just wear her own shoes and she started crying. In the end I said I’d just buy her some more and went back to the shop. I asked the man to help find the ones that would fit her and he said they were the biggest they had in the shop. He said there were some Cinderella ones that were a little more expensive but would go with the dress so we had a look but because they weren’t the Ariel ones she just didn’t want them. I saw a doll of Ariel wearing the wedding dress and asked her if she wanted a matching Ariel. She said yes and cheered up. When we went to pay he asked if the other shoes were any good and I told him no. I asked him whether I should just leave the shoes there as I didn’t want them but I’d taken the tag off. He said he would exchange them for the doll, I asked if he was sure as I’d removed the tag and he said yes, so instead of being 20 euros it cost 3. He even used her annual pass for the discount and then exchanged them. Finally we were ready to go.

We went downstairs and the lady was free so we didn’t have to wait. It took around 20 minutes like last time and it was wonderful. She chose to have all of her hair tied up this time. I took a couple of photos while it was being done.

It is such a lovely experience for little princesses and to see my daughter smile like that it is worth every penny. I took some photos of Chloe while we were waiting for the photos to be ready.

We still had a little wait so we went to see which character was at the meet and it was Gideon. Chloe had not met him before so she wanted to see him. There was only one family in the queue so she soon had her turn. He was wonderful, very gentle with her and they had a lovely meet. I bought one of the photos from the meet on the last day, I’ve added it here along with my photos.

Then we went to check on the pictures.

They were beautiful. I chose this one as the large free one:

We chose 4 extra photos, which were 29 euros but we had the 20% discount off this with Chloe’s pass. These are them:

Chloe also bought herself a couple of Ariel bits - a postcard and pen and I picked up a postcard for my sister. Then we headed out to the Disneyland Park.

Love your updates. Especially the princess makeover, I keep toying with doing this for DD in October, but I still can't make up my mind. Chloe looks lovely though.

Glad she recovered from feeling ill after Rock n Rollercoaster, she's a brave girl to go on it in the first place though! I wouldn't get DD anywhere near it!

Loving this TR. The princess makeover looks fab princess:

We've never made it to EMH and can't believe how quiet it looks. I imagined it would still be fairly busy in high season.

Looking forward to your next instalment!

Love your updates. Especially the princess makeover, I keep toying with doing this for DD in October, but I still can't make up my mind. Chloe looks lovely though.

Glad she recovered from feeling ill after Rock n Rollercoaster, she's a brave girl to go on it in the first place though! I wouldn't get DD anywhere near it!

Thank you.

The makeover is brilliant, I really recommend it, it is expensive but for the experience I think it's worth it. I also like the combination of make up and face paint, it softens it a bit so they look more princessey than old if that makes sense.

I know I felt awful for her, I was worried she'd still be feeling bad when she woke up but she tends to bounce back quickly from things, I'm glad it was over quickly.

She's a little daredevil child, she always has been. She used to make me anxious but I'm so used to it now that it doesn't really phase me anymore. This trip was the first time that I wasn't really worried about her on the big rides so I didn't make her hold my hand or I didn't hold the front of her. I don't know what difference it makes but it made me feel better!

Loving this TR. The princess makeover looks fab

We've never made it to EMH and can't believe how quiet it looks. I imagined it would still be fairly busy in high season.

Looking forward to your next instalment!

It was much quieter this summer compared to last year but EMH was roughly the same for crowds. Between 8-9am it's practically dead and you walk on all of them, normally after 9am it starts to get a bit busier but we normally start heading over to the Studios to get on Crush not long after as we've done the rides that are open.

Thank you, I'm going to add some more over the weekend hopefully if I get a chance :goodvibes

Ooooh another fab installment. Chloe looks fabulous in her lovely Ariel dress.
Am so shocked by the treatment you received in Plaza Gardens.
Looking forward to the next bit xx

Loved reading your trip report! Can I ask you how you got on with having a 2 year old there? We are thinking to go next year and Ryan will be 2 and a half. Just not sure if it's worth taking him when he won't really be able to 'go on' much or should we wait until he's 3 and a half?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter