"Back-to-School" Challenge--everyone welcome!

StitchIsOurHero

<font color=red>I was smart enough to marry a DH w
Hi everyone!

I have been participating in the monthly weight-loss challenges and the exercise challenges for about 3 months now, and the accountability really helps me out! I also did the summer Weight Loss Challenge and met my goal.

Now that the first day of summer is officially this week, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a "Back-to-School" challenge, beginning June 22? I start back to work (I'm a guidance counselor) in August, and I am determined to be at my goal weight by then! I wondered if anyone else had a August/September related goal to meet!

I thought we might make the official start date June 22 and then end date whatever day Labor Day is on--September 4th, I think.

Would anyone else be in on this idea??? :banana: :cheer2:

Here is the "color scheme"!

10% of your goal--Magenta
20% of your goal--Royal Blue
30% of your goal--Lime Green
40% of your goal--Orange
50% of your goal--Yellow & :yay:
60% of your goal--Sandy Brown
70% of your goal--Red
80% of your goal--Cyan
90% of your goal--Dark Orchid
100% of your goal--Medium Turquoise & :dance3:

CONGRATS TO MIANDREA--OUR FIRST POSTED LOSER!!!
Back-to-School Challenge Participants:

StitchIsOurHero 2/15
Jayna22 3.5/12
aka-mad4themouse 0.4/5
mollyseven 2/10
disneyjunkie 0/20
twotoohappy 2/10
njcarita 3/21
goofy4wdw59 0/9
miandrea 1.5/15
mrs. abuboo 0/15
wannabe@wdw 5/20
curiouser 4.3/15
luckywife 0/15
dismikki 0/15
goofygolfergirl 0/10
campinggal 0/15
lillygator 0/11
naisy68 2/15
Wish I Lived in FL 0/20
3NJDisneyDivas 4.5/25
NikiM20 5/15
pixiechick 0/20
ddavis860 2/15
AWilliams 2.5/15
o2bacelt 1/15
TPCShauna 8.5/20
Simba's Mom 0/15
disykat 2/10
UrsulasShadow 0/18
amberloveswdw
jlawall 0/8
disneyfanz04 0/19
wellesleyprincess 1.5/10
paulasue 0/15
ohmom 2/12
marty moose 0/10
Rhonda W 0/8
alreadyexcitedgrammy 0/15
getnthinr 0/17
daisy 77 0/20
tasha + scott 0/15

Hi, Stitch! Welcome back from vacation! I hope you had a great time! I would love a back to school challenge. I haven't done so great with the summer challenge, but I can try again!
Thanks!
jana

Hi STitch! Thanks for hosting a new challenge. I did the Summer Weight Loss Challenge, too. And I met my goal of 10 lbs. My overall goal was to lose a total of 19 lbs but I think I'll aim to take 5 more off by August. Count me in!

I'm glad you all are interested! :thumbsup2 I was afraid I would have to do a Back to School challenge all by myself! :rolleyes:

We need a cute clippie! I hope someone who is clippie-savvy decides to join in and can make us a cute clippie! You know, a cool clippie is half the fun! :banana:

Thanks for joining in! :thumbsup2

Well I am interested!! My kids are homeschooled but this is perfect timing for me. I swim on a Masters swim team and just finished for the summer. The pool is actually closed for 2 weeks maintenance so I can't even go to adult swim until July. I need some help getting through the summer. I have been swimming 3-4 times per week since January with the swim team...usually about 140 laps laps minimum each time and now I am gonna be without the regular swim schedule/workouts and coach to keep me motivated. I am starting a more intense walking schedule tomorrow but need to go back to keeping track of points using my old weight watchers stuff. Since we went to Disney in May and had the dining plan and ate cheesecake daily I have had a hard time getting used to regular eating again. Ahhhh the joys of disney dining. :cloud9:
So sign me up!! I am addicted to this site anyhow.
I wanna lose 10 by labour day ~ that's 11 weeks away so that should be easy right?? :hourglass
Thanks for letting me in....
Denise :wave2:

How's this clippie?
BacktoSchool3_002.jpg

{IMG}http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/dizneemom/BacktoSchool3_002.jpg{/IMG}
Just copy the above and replace the { with a [ and the } with a ].

mollyseven,
I checked the properties of your siggie and it appears that [/IMG (without the ]) is part of the property and it shouldn't be. That is why it is appearing as a link instead of an image.

Try deleting what you have and starting over again, making sure that you copy the whole line from above and replacing all of the { and } with [ and ] respectively. It should work.

I think I am going to shoot for 12 pounds by Labor Day. Summer is so hard for me, I don't want to set myself up to fail!
Thanks!
jana

Hi everyone!

:dance3: Welcome aboard, mollyseven!! :banana:

aka-mad4themouse--I love, love, love the clippie!! It is awesome! :love: :love:

Jana--you can do 12 pounds! I KNOW you can! :cheer2:

Again, thanks for doing this challenge with me! I know the WISH boards help keep me accountable! :thumbsup2

I'm so in! Thanks! I was looking for a motivator because I'm heading to WDW 8/27 - 9/1 and this is it! Today was the last day of school and I head back to work/school after labor day,so it's perfect for me!

Sign me up for 10 pounds please! :banana: My start weight is 134

Welcome aboard, twotoohappy & disneyjunkie! :welcome: I'm glad you all have joined in the challenge! We can all succeed at this--I just know we can!

I am going to weigh in on the official "scale-from-you-know-where" at my mom's on Wednesday afternoon, and I will know what my start weight is then.

Thanks, WISHers, for doing this challenge!!! :cheer2:

please count me in--
my start ing weight is 171 :faint: I've gained back 10 of the lbs that I had lost :furious:

my goal is 21 lbs

If anyone wants to have a buddy for this challenge, just to keep them motivated and have somebody to check in daily, pm me :goodvibes

I love the challenge, but finds it helps to check in with a buddy re:exercise, diet, stress, etc. inbetween check ins.

I really want to do well on this challenge for my trip the end of August!

njcarita said:
please count me in--
my start ing weight is 171 :faint: I've gained back 10 of the lbs that I had lost :furious:

my goal is 21 lbs

Oh my gosh it's like I could've posted this....we are one and the same.!!

I am at that weight after having recently come back from DPP and eating my way around the world for a week....good god it's not right!!
Anyhow...I also want 21 off but will be happy with 10 off by labour day. I've gotta be realistic with myself as I eat plain nacho chips ....stopppppp
Anyhow...I am definitely with you.
:yo-yo: enough of it already
Denise

I would like to join this "Back-to-School" challenge too. :wave2: Hello to all. I don't want to estimate too many pounds off as I'd like to make this challenge, HA! I'm going to try for 9 pounds.
Good Luck to everyone!
Margaret :sunny:

I would love to join. I am moving to a new city and a new school - basically starting my life all over again (it will only get better!). I would love to be 15 pounds lighter by the holiday weekend. At my new school, the principal is really into fitness and I already got the "up and down and up and down" look from her (not a way to start).

Count me in please. I'm also a teacher and recently moved from Orlando back to Missouri. I gained some on my DCL honeymoon last October and have struggled to get it off. I really want to lose 15 pounds and run the 1/2 marathon. if not this coming january, then definitely 2008.

Can I join? I would like to loose 20lbs by Labor Day. I started Atkins today. I have an overall goal of 50 lbs. This back to school challenge will be a great start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter