• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Back to School" will have to wait, we're going "Back to Disney!"

Thanks to a fellow Dis-er who posted about Brownie Brittle and reminded me that I need to pick up a bag or two for our road trip next week! Delicious!!!

Joining in...Noticed our kids are the same age my DD is 13 and my DS is 11 though he will turn 12 on our trip.

We have been taking the kids since '06 for free dining, the first year we went mid-August, but since '07 we have been going down the weekend of Labor Day so are kids start school then we pull them out the week of Labor Day, my DS birthday is Sept 5th so he has been able to celebrate his b-day at the world since he turned 4.

DS is already dreading next year since his sister will be starting HS next year 2013 we will not be able to go the week of Labor Day. Already starting to plan a mid-August 2014 trip.:)

Your DS11 sounds just like my DS on the rides he is not to sure about some of the Big Rides he loved Splash mountain until one year my DH took him on Yeti at AK and since then he refuses to ride Splash Mountain.

Joining in...Noticed our kids are the same age my DD is 13 and my DS is 11 though he will turn 12 on our trip.

We have been taking the kids since '06 for free dining, the first year we went mid-August, but since '07 we have been going down the weekend of Labor Day so are kids start school then we pull them out the week of Labor Day, my DS birthday is Sept 5th so he has been able to celebrate his b-day at the world since he turned 4.

DS is already dreading next year since his sister will be starting HS next year 2013 we will not be able to go the week of Labor Day. Already starting to plan a mid-August 2014 trip.:)

Your DS11 sounds just like my DS on the rides he is not to sure about some of the Big Rides he loved Splash mountain until one year my DH took him on Yeti at AK and since then he refuses to ride Splash Mountain.

Welcome! I'm glad you're joining me.

It's tricky with DS11 sometimes. I want to push him a bit so he doesn't let fear ruin his fun. I want to encourage and support him to do the things he kind of wants to do but is afraid to do. On the other hand, I don't want to push him so much that he digs in his heels and just refuses to try anything. It's a delicate balance. I know that sometimes I'm afraid to ride things, but then if I push myself I'm so glad. For example, TOT is one of my favorites, but I'm nervous the first time I ride it on EVERY trip!

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. So far he has agreed to ride Splash. He was watching ride videos from YouTube today, and he also thinks we should ride Khali (which we have never tried). Not thinking he'll go for Everest, Space Mountain, RNR or TOT. Maybe we can get him on Thunder Mountain though.

DH & I both think that the order we approach the rides in will make a difference, so we might start with EPCOT this time since he'll ride everything there.

Welcome to today's brain dump!

In other words, your window into my brain! Beware, it can be a scary place to visit!

We will be leaving in 9 days!!!! There is much to do, so I really shouldn't spend half the day today searching around on the Disboards and looking through the big plastic envelope I've made of Disney Planning everything. We might actually leave in 8 days! Which makes it even more important to get some tangible things done around the house today. It's just so hard to stay focused on the practical parts of getting ready to go (laundry, dishes, etc......), when it's so EASY to take my mind into vacation mode on the boards, my to do lists, making trip journal pages, etc.!

Re-cap: Our package starts Sunday. We plan to drive straight through the night from Michigan to get there. We are planning to leave Friday, but haven't made a reservation for Saturday night yet. Knowing my husband as I do though, I suspect we might leave Thursday afternoon. I'd better plan for that! I wonder how far in advance we'd need to make a one or two night reservation at the Pop in order for it to be tied to our package res so we can stay in the same room..... The boys have an orientation on Thursday morning at school. Then we can leave in the afternoon. DH is off work starting Thursday. Sooooo.....it's all about when he can actually get his work done, and figuring out the $$.

In the past we have picked up our park tickets early the one or two times we've gone down a couple days before our package started, but I'm not sure I want to try it this time with us using the Magic Bands. I'm not sure if it will work, and I don't want to mess anything up. When we picked up our tix early they were separate from our KTTW card. We WANT our tickets on our Magic Band! So....maybe we'll make alternative plans for our first day or two there (depending on when we go), and then ask at Guest Relations when we get there and see what they say!

"Cars" is on TV right now in the background as I am posting. Makes me hope that Disney Studios really is going to get a Radiator Springs land. I would love that!

I guess that's all for now! More to come.

Trip Prep Newsflash!

I've decided that it's important to familiarize myself with
Teen Beach Movie
before we head to WDW! Especially since we plan to go to Typhoon Lagoon a couple times, and they are currently doing movie themed things on the beach (or so I hear).:dance3:

That is all.

My son loves Khali River Rapids - he loves getting wet. We try to hit about an hour or so before the park closes and usually we can pretty much do a repeated walk on. I'm drenched by the time we are done. But he has a good time, I think that is his all time favorite ride. I'm sure your son will love it.

Have you drove done before we are thinking of driving down one year, so far we have always flown. We are pretty close in distance IL and MI have to let us know how the drive down went.

Have you drove done before we are thinking of driving down one year, so far we have always flown. We are pretty close in distance IL and MI have to let us know how the drive down went.

We had always flown in the past, but drove last year for the first time due to airline fares being so high.

Last year we left at 6pm, drove through the night, and arrived around 1pm the next day.

Not sure what we are doing this year. All I know is that we are leaving sometime after 12:30pm on Thursday (yes, 4 days from today!). Whether we leave Thursday (likely) or Friday, at 1pm or 5pm or any other time, and drive through the night or stop at a hotel......these questions will all be answered by.....Saturday at the latest!!! :rotfl2: I'll keep you posted.

We liked driving through the night because the kids slept through a good bunch of the trip which made it seem to go by faster. I'm leaving it up to my husband though. It will likely depend on how he's feeling as he's driving.

We're just about 1/2 hour away now! We left home yesterday at 2pm and drove straight through the night! For the first time ever, we plan to have a chill day for our first day (because our package doesn't start til Sunday). We need it!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter