• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back to the boards!

eshannon2

Earning My Ears
We were a "disneyworld: family for quite a few years and then the last couple of years had to cut back. I couldn't keep visiting the boards as it made me too sad to read all the disney stuff and then not be able to go. :smooth: Happy Days! :cool1: My niece was here yesterday and works for America WEst She gave me three airline passes and I decided to use them to take my son to Disneyland for his birthday. This is a very impulsive decision, but my favorite kind! We have to do on a very TIGHT budget, so had a few questions. First, I want to go as soon as possible so I dont' get caught in springbreak crowds. HIs birthday is the 26th of Feb. Mine is the 11th of March. If we aim for about the 8th or 9th will we be ok? What about weather? I see that they have some great ticket prices and while we have always stayed at disney hotels in the past, that won't work this time. Anyone stayed at hotels close in that were great. I noticed a place called Annabells.... Thanks for any info you can give me...We were also big pin collecters but usually did it at disneyworld. Is that still something they do??

We stayed at the Howard Johnson which is 10 minutes walk away from the entrance, and is a superb moderately priced hotel.

Other posters here recommend Candy Cane INN - these two frequently win surveys on Disney sites as the best two family or moderate priced hotels within walk of the park.

Someone also recently posted a link here to Disney pin collecting. Do a search of this site and you will find it. I'm not in to this but it appears new pins are released just about every week.

As for attendance figures, the graph at http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm would indicate Late Feb/Early March is a great time to go! (Although be aware a lot of rides are closed for refurbishment ahead of the 50th anniversary - do another search and you will find posts with comprehensive information on what rides will be closed when you visit.)

I'd suggest you repost your queries as separate posts making clear what it is you are seeking. ie - a post asking about pins, and a post asking for hotel recommendations and another asking about likely crowds at the time of your visit.

As there are so many queries here most people just scan the headlines or first few lines of posts and it is not clear until the second half of your post you are actually seeking this information.

My DS's birthday is also Feb. 26th!! My DS will be 11, how old will yours be? We will be at DLR the 28th- march 4th! We got a great rate at HoJo's with the entertainment card ($49.00/nite)!!! I have never stayed there, but have read excellent reviews on every Disney related site I visit... and also on tripadvisor, so I believe it will work out well for us.
You can order your tickets from ARES travel (link at www.mousesavers.com). They offer the same specials as Disney, but we actually saved a couple of dollars. They only ship priority mail, and we got our ticket in about 4-5 days. Shipping was $5.75, but the ticket was $7.50 cheaper than Disney quoted, so it was still cheaper. I called the 1-800 # for ARES instead of ordering online.
For eats, I highly reccomend the mexican place in Frontierland. I think it is Rancho Del Zocolo...or something similar. The portions are HUGE!!! and can easily be shared by 2-3 people, depending on appetites! We LOVE the chiken nachos! I have heard good things about Whitewater Snacks in the GC, but we haven't tried it yet.
Have a great trip! :banana:

I would just like to add that Feb. 26 is also my birthday! :flower:
I know you are on a tight budget, but you can get a room at the Disneyland Hotel for $129 per night for arrivals between Feb. 27 and Mar. 2 (check the Disneyland website). But there are a lot of nice hotels near Disneyland for $50 to $80 (with discounts).
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter