• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back window on Rise of the Restistance transport shuttle

Brandis

DIS Veteran
This might seem like a strange question, but in every video of the ride I have seen, this just stood out to me as a bit strange.

In the transport shuttle which brings you to the star destroyer, the back window has a black square in it. Is there a technical reason for that? Or does it have a "Star Wars Universe" reason?

you mean this? at 10:15
It's just a design choice. This ITS shuttle is brand new to the SW universe, so I guess that black panel is canon now

This might seem like a strange question, but in every video of the ride I have seen, this just stood out to me as a bit strange.

In the transport shuttle which brings you to the star destroyer, the back window has a black square in it. Is there a technical reason for that? Or does it have a "Star Wars Universe" reason?

You know...I wondered about that very same thing. I thought it was for effect and not structural.

to me it would seem to be practical for the guns, I never really noticed this before, thanks to OP for pointing it out
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Intersystem_Transport_Ship

Makes sense in a way, I actually thought the rails on the side kind of looked like a turret to mount a gun on. But somehow that black cover looks like an afterthought. At the end of the ride, when you pass those huge cannons, they just fire through the shields. So if the gun has been removed in the transport shuttle, they could just have left the gap open, as the air would be held in by the shields.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter