• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back2Back on the Magic or 7-Night on a new ship

disneytraceyl

Loving All Things Disney
I need help with a decision. Do I want to do a back to back on the Magic or a 7 night on the newer ship. There is a $2000 price difference. ????? Help.

It would be a back to back 3 and 4 night.
Well, I'd go for the 7 night cruise, in that case. A 3/4 combo B2B doesn't appeal to me. Mostly because you have the same shows/menus repeated within a short span of time. At least on the 7 night cruise you'll get 7 different shows and menus. Lots more activities. And fewer people running around (frantically) trying to fit "everything" into their short span of time onboard.

Agreed - need more information.

With that said, we did a back to back on the Magic this past December. She is now our favorite ship having sailed quite extensively on the Dream and Fantasy. :)

Depends on what interests your family the most and how old (if you have any) your kids are. I have a 4 year old who beyond San Juan (we have family there), doesn't know the difference between CC and any other beach. i would love to see them all but sometimes the headache of trying to get off the ship, take an excursion or find a taxi to go to a beach on an island isn't worth it and CC it much better.

It is during spring break. I can get a 3/4 night combo on the Magic for around $6000. If I did the 7 night on the dream for the same time it is $8500. We love to cruise and really want to cruise Disney.

Both cruises are the same week. Spring break week. It is the Fantasy March 26, 2016. Fantasy is Eastern Caribbean and the Magic is Bahamas.

Both cruises are the same week. Spring break week. It is the Fantasy March 26, 2016. Fantasy is Eastern Caribbean and the Magic is Bahamas.
Well, that explains some of the price difference. The Bahamas cruises DCL doesn't pay as high a port fees, and fuel costs are lower.

I guess you need to figure out if the extra $2500 is worth the 2 different ports that you will be visiting on the Fantasy vs. the repeated Nassau port stop.

This might be a dumb question, but if you do the back to back cruise, do you stay in the same room? Do you have to disembark at the end of the first cruise & then go through the embarkation process again?

This might be a dumb question, but if you do the back to back cruise, do you stay in the same room? Do you have to disembark at the end of the first cruise & then go through the embarkation process again?
If you book the same room during the reservation process, yes, you stay in the same room. If you are not able to book the same room, you will have to switch rooms.

Typically, on turnaround day, you will debark the ship (with all necessary documents) and re-checkin in the terminal. Then you will board before Concierge on the next cruise. The time in the terminal (from debarkation to embarkation) varies - anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours.

If you have the same room, you don't have to pack up between the two legs of the B2B. If you have different rooms, you will pack up your bags, and leave them outside your room debarkation morning. The stateroom hosts will see to getting them to your next room.

You will be required to attend both muster drills, and your onboard account will be closed out at the end of each cruise (no carryovers).

If you have different rooms, you will pack up your bags, and leave them outside your room debarkation morning. The stateroom hosts will see to getting them to your next room.

You will be required to attend both muster drills, and your onboard account will be closed out at the end of each cruise (no carryovers).

When we did a B2B in different concierge staterooms earlier this year, we were asked to leave our bags in our room. Also, only one person from our stateroom had to attend the second muster drill.

When we did a B2B in different concierge staterooms earlier this year, we were asked to leave our bags in our room. Also, only one person from our stateroom had to attend the second muster drill.
It may vary for Concierge guests, but for our B2B we had to put our bags outside our room by 8:00 am on the turnaround day. Our stateroom host was there waiting for them, and the next time we saw them was in our next room after we reboarded. There were only 2 of us, but we both had to be at muster drill.

same here with the drill. we have always had to go to the drill on both ends of our b2b's. never been informed any different. is there something you know dave2425 that you can share? maybe I've been missing something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter