• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Backing up RAW on Ipad

brie182

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if there is any way to back up my SD card onto my ipad. I am nervous that I am going to loose one of the cards or something is going to go wrong with one. I don't want to loose the pictures. I don't need to edit them or even look at them. I really just want to make sure that they are backed up.

I'm not an Ipad guy, but my first question would be how much memory does you Ipad have? The DW's (I think) has 16gb. We use 16gb cards in our cameras (4), so after a shoot, many times we have much more than 16gb's to download. My laptop has 1Tb and my external drives range from one to three TB's.

Yes, you can back up RAW and jpeg files to an iPad with the camera connector. I tried using my iPad as a back up, it worked fine. The only thing I found was to save space, my iPad is only 16GB, I went to upload to smugmug so I could delete them off the iPad and still have them backed up. The ipad renamed all the photos to the same name and striped out the exif data. I ended up dragging along my laptop the next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter