Backpack Brand/Model Recommendation

Nazran

Mouseketeer
Last time we were at Disney world we had a stroller so storage was easy, this year only backpack for us. I am looking for recommendations on brands and even models for Disney specific use.

What do you want to carry and what are the ages of your children?

Good Point! Would LIKE to only have 1 bag...

Family of 5
Me 43
Wife 44
DS 14
DS 10
DD 6

3 Smartphones
1 DSLR like camera
Anker recharging brick
medications
bathroom gallon zip with wipes, hand sanitizer, etc

Wife might have a purse too. She may also elect not to have one

possible small snacks and maybe some water bottles.

arghhh moderated to a forum guaranteed to receive 0-1 responses and seen by few. :(

I just purchased a Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Backpack. I haven't had a chance to take it for a spin in the parks yet. 3 more weeks to go! https://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/anti-theft-backpack/151227?productid=10020949

It's not too huge but definitely would have space for everything you mention. I've never had an issue with someone tampering with my bag so I really didn't buy it for the security features. Amazon's price is a little better, depending on color.

I've used a High Sierra Fat Boy backpack in the parks and they are nice but have a tendency to get overstuffed and huge.

Another option for you may be a Ameribag Healthy Back Bag. https://www.ebags.com/product/ameri...thy-back-bag-medium/296081?productid=10562507

I may have a slight bag/luggage obsession....

I Love my Maxpedition Condor II. You can put a water bladder in it. It has a flat bottom and it's pretty cavernous. The outside pockets can carry the wipes/sanitizers for easy access. webbing to hold other gear, I use d-rings to hold water bottles and my coffee cup for fishing.

I picked up an Osprey Daylite. It can hold a water bladder (as soon as I find a good one that doesn't leak and isn't $$$$), room inside for everything you need and more (not not huge) and is super comfy.

We ditched the stroller this year, too. I already wore a medium-sized back pack (REI day pack that actually came with some luggage) and carried extra water, but we kept snacks/water for kids in the stroller. This year I bought them each a Camelbak pack which fit their water, snacks, and light jackets. I put a water reservoir in my back pack for myself and carried the usual snacks, sunscreen, necessities, cooling towels, and poncho. Giving them each a Camelbak was the way to go! I wish I had ditched the stroller a year sooner! No one complained once about having to carry the bag/weight, and they were DEFINITELY hydrated (read: extra bathroom trips).

I just found this thread, and will definitely be keeping track of the suggestions! Planning an October '18 trip with me and my DD (10), so any preferred backpacks will be gladly noted!::MickeyMo

My kids are younger, so we probably carry more stuff than you need. FWIW, our favorite is actually my kids' LL Bean Deluxe school back packs. They are really sturdy, water resistant, and don't weigh too much. We pack our water bottle in the smaller of the two tall compartments so the cold bottles aren't right on our back.
We've tried a few other bags that were made for travel, but we always go back to the school bags!

We just got back from wdw this morning. I bought the stowaway daypack from ll bean for this trip and it was the perfect backpack. The bag itself is lightweight. Lots of pockets and more roomy inside than I was thinking. The weather was cooler and rainy and we were able to fit all of our snacks, ponchos and a couple of sweatshirts. I was also able to fit two water bottles in each of the outside pockets. Had no problems fitting it on to any ride. It’s my new favorite bag. https://m.llbean.com/product.html?s...ge=stowaway-day-pack&SS=B&llbdrd=&csp=a#86674

Good Point! Would LIKE to only have 1 bag...

3 Smartphones
1 DSLR like camera
Anker recharging brick
medications
bathroom gallon zip with wipes, hand sanitizer, etc

I have a backpack from Lowepro for the DSLR, the DSLR goes into the padded bottom part and the top section part, I carry other things, medication, water bottles, wipes, snacks, etc. The 2 sections are separated by a water proof pad so any moisture won't get into the camera. It also has a weather cover you can pull out, so if it rains, the camera and other electronics are protected. If you carry a tripod, it has a tripod strap. It has a chest and waist buckle to help distribute weight.

Not sure why you would want to carry all 3 smartphones in 1 bag.

Don't get a sling type bag or 1 shoulder bag for this. Carrying a DSLR all day is heavy and a sling bag, while smaller and lighter will not be comfortable after a few hours. 2 padded straps are the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter