Backpacks on rides?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
I think for this trip, we will be ready to ditch the stroller- my daughter will be 6 and I think she can handle MK, AK, and HS fine- maybe we will rent for the day at Epcot depending on how she's doing... I am very not judgy on how parents handle this - whatever works best for you!

Anyhoo, our last 4 trips we had the stroller which was awesome to cart our water, ponchos, etc. I usually just use a cross-body bag for my wallet, phone, sunscreen.

I am considering using a backpack for some small essentials- it never appealed to me before but since we will be going in Novemeber (hopefully cooler weather) and it is our first stroller-free trip, was trying to get a handle on what it might be like. I promise we will pack light!

Do you bring backpacks on rides? Like the coasters and thrill rides and stuff? Or do they need to go in a locker? That seems like a hassle and might be a deal breaker.

thanks!!!
:flower1:

Backpacks are allowed on rides. I usually put mine on the floor with my foot through the shoulder strap. Soarin has a spot for you to leave it on the floor.

In November, you might consider a locker if you have jackets to use in the evening.

I've taken my backpack on every ride. Some, like Mission Space and Soarin' have places in front or under the seat for your bag.

The only ride I had trouble getting a backpack on was 7DMT. The CM told me to put it on top of the safety bar, so I strapped it on there.

I have never used lockers. I ride everything and the backpack goes on everything. I thought of a locker for Kali, but it is a pain and costs too much, IMO. I keep the jackets and everything else in the backpack. I love that Disney does not require lockers. Very convenient.

We use a hydration type backpack but without the bladder. Its a little more narrow than other types and fits close to the body more like a cycling pack. I'm a big person and it helps me from turning and hitting people. :) Much better than something sold for school books.

Also fits nicely in the various bins they have on rides like soaring.

1.0x0.jpg

We use a hydration type backpack but without the bladder. Its a little more narrow than other types and fits close to the body more like a cycling pack. I'm a big person and it helps me from turning and hitting people. :) Much better than something sold for school books.

Also fits nicely in the various bins they have on rides like soaring.

1.0x0.jpg
Cool, thanks!

I have a standard size backpack that I take on all rides (except Kali - lockers are free for 2 hours and they have now removed the center unit that you used to store things in). I tried the placing on the floor with my foot thru the straps and let's just say I am not the most graceful at exiting, so I slip my arms through the straps and the back pack rides on my chest (like a baby carrier) for those rides there's not a designated/too small space. On rides like TSMM, SE and other mild rides just on the floor by my feet is fine.

I have a standard size backpack that I take on all rides (except Kali - lockers are free for 2 hours and they have now removed the center unit that you used to store things in). I tried the placing on the floor with my foot thru the straps and let's just say I am not the most graceful at exiting, so I slip my arms through the straps and the back pack rides on my chest (like a baby carrier) for those rides there's not a designated/too small space. On rides like TSMM, SE and other mild rides just on the floor by my feet is fine.
Lol, thank you- helpful info!

We have always taken backpacks on everything. In fact, each member of our family carries a small drawstring backpack with their own stuff. (Water, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc). The kids carried their own bag from a fairly young age. I like that it splits the load between all of us and teaches them to be personally responsible for their own things. I also like that mom does not become the family pack mule!

I have never used lockers. I ride everything and the backpack goes on everything. I thought of a locker for Kali, but it is a pain and costs too much, IMO. I keep the jackets and everything else in the backpack. I love that Disney does not require lockers. Very convenient.

For future trips, there are free lockers across from Kali that you can use while you're on the ride to store your things.

And yes, agreed about the locker requirement--one of my favorite things about Disney is that you can carry bags on everything. I always forget how unique that is until life becomes a pain at other theme parks!

We have always taken backpacks on everything. In fact, each member of our family carries a small drawstring backpack with their own stuff. (Water, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc). The kids carried their own bag from a fairly young age. I like that it splits the load between all of us and teaches them to be personally responsible for their own things. I also like that mom does not become the family pack mule!
Brilliant!!!

For future trips, there are free lockers across from Kali that you can use while you're on the ride to store your things.

And yes, agreed about the locker requirement--one of my favorite things about Disney is that you can carry bags on everything. I always forget how unique that is until life becomes a pain at other theme parks!

Went to Cedar Point a few years ago after not going since the mid 80s when going UPSIDE DOWN :scared1::scared1: on the Corkscrew was the biggest thrill in the world but it seemed like you needed to budget another $15 a day for locker rentals a couple bucks each ride.

There is no WDW ride you aren't allowed to bring your backpack into line and on the ride with you. Disney doesn't build rides wild enough to fling your backpack out. Just about the only ride I can think of that you can't bring a backpack actually on your ride vehicle is Flight of Passage, and on that a bin is provided in the room to put your belongings before you mount the ride vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter