Backup plan for BWV

Mitre10

Earning My Ears
For next March, we're hoping to rent points and stay at BWV. I'm not sure what our backup plan should be and would appreciate feedback. We're particularly interested in hoppers and staying in the EPCOT area, we typically stay on the monorail loop and have never stayed in this area. Options include:

Beach Club--but pool will be closed. I really don't want to pay for a partial experience, we like and use the pools.

Swan/ Dolphin/ Reserve--bed situation doesn't really work for us unless we pay a lot, and then would just go to monorail resorts (need 3 beds, no doubles),

Riviera--the two showers are super appealing (two teenagers), but the resort is meh to me and we're trading walking distance for the skyliner, which is a con.

Which would you chose of these three? Or would you do something else?

For next March, we're hoping to rent points and stay at BWV. I'm not sure what our backup plan should be and would appreciate feedback. We're particularly interested in hoppers and staying in the EPCOT area, we typically stay on the monorail loop and have never stayed in this area. Options include:

Beach Club--but pool will be closed. I really don't want to pay for a partial experience, we like and use the pools.

Swan/ Dolphin/ Reserve--bed situation doesn't really work for us unless we pay a lot, and then would just go to monorail resorts (need 3 beds, no doubles),

Riviera--the two showers are super appealing (two teenagers), but the resort is meh to me and we're trading walking distance for the skyliner, which is a con.

Which would you chose of these three? Or would you do something else?
Are you planning on a Studio, 1BR, 2BR at BWV?

Is cash Boardwalk Inn not an option for you? It has 3 sleeping surfaces and with discounts this year was basically the same price for us as renting points. With all fees our Boardwalk Inn stay coming up in 2 weeks is about $515 a night if that helps at all when comparing prices.

With Beach Club pool closed, BWV with rental points is going to be even more difficult to get than normal.

I'd aim for BWV, especially with teenagers. My one caveat is you could do BCV and if everyone loves the water, maybe spring for the PH+ tickets and do the water parks? Especially if BC/YC have significant price difference between BW. For my family (4 with teens and usually grandma as well), if the price is similar, we'd opt for Swolphin with 2 connecting rooms. Even when it's just the 4 of us traveling, we always get 2 rooms now because I refuse to share a bathroom with 2 disgusting young men! 🤣

Thanks, all! I'll see how it pans out over the next couple of weeks. Cash price is over $800/ night at the moment!

I don’t like the studio at RIV, the drop down bed is too close to the king bed and the room feels small with all that space dedicated to the bathroom.

If you call Swan direct they do a deal on 2 rooms for families, something like 25% off the second one so I wouldn’t totally dismiss them yet (Swan is the queens, Dolphin is doubles) and would probably give them a call.

I don’t like the studio at RIV, the drop down bed is too close to the king bed and the room feels small with all that space dedicated to the bathroom.

If you call Swan direct they do a deal on 2 rooms for families, something like 25% off the second one so I wouldn’t totally dismiss them yet (Swan is the queens, Dolphin is doubles) and would probably give them a call.
I did not find RR studio to be really any smaller than BWV. The Riviera studio for one is 70 Sq Ft bigger and that is why it has the better bathroom area, and they both have an end table between the queen bed and the pull down. Once you open the 2nd bed BWV and BCV Studios feel a lot smaller as well. Plus, you do not always leave the 2nd bed pulled down, once my DDs get up they close the bed.

OP I would also look at S&D

We got a studio at BWV!!!! Hooray!!!!
Congrats!!! It’s going to be so much fun. The weather should be lovely and Flower Garden in full bloom. Hard to beat walking down Main Street MK on a blue sky day and everybody is all smiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter