Backyard BBQ

cinmell

DIS Veteran
We will be attending the backyard BBQ this September and I'm just wondering if it is usally crowed at this time of year. Also, is it assigned seating or first come first serve?

you go in and pick up your food on your way. then you look around for the picnic table you want to sit at. it's kind of like going to a park for your family reunion...:Pinkbounc

The BBQ is an all you can eat affair of salad, corn, ribs, hot dogs, beans corn bread, chicken and various side dishes and deserts. If you are over 21 you'll get and armband so you can get beer or sangria.

We attended in March, and it was crowded, too crowded and we didn't like the fact that it wasn't assigned seating. JMHO though.

Character interaction was excellent though, but the kids have to wait in long lines, and the dance floor was so crowded, that it is virtually impossible to enjoy.

I hope your experience is better thatn mine.

We've just returned and we had a great time! We arrived about an hour before and waited in line while the characters came out to keep everyone busy. They let us in a few minutes before the scheduled time and led us around to the buffet tables then onto long picnic tables.

We had no problems going through the food line or getting a table. It was pretty full but not over crowded in my estimation but we were at the front of the line. They did, however, run out of Coors Light and then Miller Lite after about an hour or so. They substituted with Bud and Bud Light, which I dislike immensely! :( Wine was also available.

There was tons and tons of food!! Potato Salad, Corn on the Cob, Mac'nCheese and Watermelon Slices were some of the side items along with everything mentioned above. A frosted marble sheet cake was the only dessert.

I'll be happy to answer any other questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter