Bacon & Eggs Removed from Waves Menu

I once asked if I could sub something for the eggs on a breakfast platter at Cracker Barrel and the waitress told me eggs only cost them like 15 cents each, so no substitutions. I’d never thought of a per-egg price but that’s pretty cheap—glad my kids like them so much! LOL
I buy the large eggs for about $1.29 a dozen, sometimes they're a bit cheaper. Imagine what kind of rate Disney must get buying thousands of eggs every day!

Hmmmm, then I do wonder why the removal of it? Could it have been time consuming to make perhaps?

That stinks, after hearing all bout on DIS Dining reviews and Pete, I was hoping to get there in November. Maybe it will come back 🤞🏻🤞🏻

My family works at an egg factory in NJ, Disney was the first client to put everything on hold early on.. I was told the Disney contract is huge for them and this caused ppl to have less shifts/hours. In April the factory closed due to covid.. my family is in management not even on the floor and kept offices closed, they were still infected.. I was told the only portion of the factory that remained opened was a lab, there everyone was safe and not exposed since it is completely closed off from everywhere. My family tested positive for 5 weeks (3 tests) it spread to other family members. We had 9 total positive diff houses not everyone got it from the same person or string of ppl but it was bad, some went to the hospital others did not.. we lost 1 out of 9. The egg factory opened back up about 3 weeks ago, everyone there is ok now they work with double masks.

That’s ridiculous, it kind of shows how tone deaf the management there is if they didn’t realize one of the reasons they’ve become more popular is because the Dis has been singing it praises for over a year basically solely due to that dish. It has to be a cost issue, I can’t believe they don’t realize the free marketing they’ve been getting.

Maybe there was a lot of people ordering just that for a meal? Perhaps? That there could be a reason. I am sure they had rather people either order it as an app along with a entree, or at least a higher dollar entree.

Maybe its it's something to do with the longer cooking time of the egg, maybe they are streamlining temporarily. I know dh and I were planning on going to the wave just for this app ( with drinks and dessert etc after) so we aren't going to bother now. Shame if it's a permanent change because its right down our alley.

Maybe there was a lot of people ordering just that for a meal? Perhaps? That there could be a reason. I am sure they had rather people either order it as an app along with a entree, or at least a higher dollar entree.
This would be me, just because nothing on the entree menu interested me and I would rather get a couple of drinks and apps and a cheese plate. But surely a cheese board and apps and a drink would make up the same money as a main, obviously depending on what people ordered. I suppose it's more effort for them though.

Can you tell I'm an expert in all things restaurant and finance based 😂😂

This would be me, just because nothing on the entree menu interested me and I would rather get a couple of drinks and apps and a cheese plate. But surely a cheese board and apps and a drink would make up the same money as a main, obviously depending on what people ordered. I suppose it's more effort for them though.

Can you tell I'm an expert in all things restaurant and finance based 😂😂
I know they removed the Big Kahuna from the breakfast at the Kona Cafe. Word was that too many people were doing what we did by buying it and splitting it between two people.

That's not what is being talked about.

"Bacon & Eggs" is an appetizer on the dinner menu consisting of maple lacquered pork belly, Tillamook cheddar grits, and a perfectly poached egg.
Ah. Thanks for clarifying. I thought it an odd thing to remove for breakfast and well, it's still there. Dinner makes sense. I'm sorry for those disappointed. I think all of these things are potentially temporary.

I am sure that many of the changes could be a temporary thing. But if Disney is losing money at a restaurant whether it is at the Wave or where ever, because people are ordering a less expensive appetizer verses a higher dollar entree, they might just nip that in the bud and remove the appetizer. I would say that they would have to have numerous customers doing this consistently over time for them to take notice. I don't know if that is the case here or not. But the Big Kahuna was supposedly a loss leader when it was shared between two people because it was the only meal purchased. Me and my husband and other family members did just that numerous times at Kona when we ate breakfast there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter