Bad DVC Reviews

This is known as click bait. These sites sell advertising based on how many people click on the article. They spread out over seven pages so you have to click seven times to see the whole thing. The content of the article is secondary as long as there is a sensational title.

It looks like they went to Trip Advisor, a site with 1000's of reviews and picked the worst five.

This is known as click bait. These sites sell advertising based on how many people click on the article. They spread out over seven pages so you have to click seven times to see the whole thing. The content of the article is secondary as long as there is a sensational title.

It looks like they went to Trip Advisor, a site with 1000's of reviews and picked the worst five.

Agree 100% If you visit that link, prepare for a LOT OF ADS!!!!

I just don't put stock in online reviews, no matter what site they are posted on. Negative trolls love to leave reviews, you really usually don't hear about positive experiences, only the negative ones.

I am not seeing much to the site to give it any real credibility. I like the one about the Boardwalk Inn. It uses a picture of the Beach Club hotel, and the reason it is listed is because it has: "No restaurants inside resort, long bus commutes to get into the parks." I guess whoever provided that review missed the fact that you had to go outside to the boardwalk to find a restaurant and that you could walk to Epcot or Studios, neither of which has a bus from Boardwalk.

There's a really hilarious one-star review on TA about Aulani. We poked fun at it a few years ago when we were there and it's now a running joke whenever we travel.

"The maid under-rolled the toilet paper. ONE STAR!!!!!!"

not a credible site and if you had read the replies you would have seen a lot of negative remarks about the article. Such as citing only 1 visit and 1 source for opinions

I don't care about the reviews. I love my BWV and wouldn't trade it for anything. There have been a few issues over the years, but overall it's been great. If I have an issue with a room I call housekeeping. Never had to escalate to a manager yet. I wouldn't (and couldn't) pay their cash rates even with discounts offered, but I can stay in a great location on points, and that makes me happy.:thumbsup2

I also have found that when I'm happy with something I don't post anything, when I'm unhappy I post. Maybe I should change my ways.

I take reviews like these with grains of salt. Some people complain to hear their own voices. You have to wonder what their expectations were, where they typically stay, and if they did any research? Yes rooms get old and need refurbishment, but it doesn't happen every year.
  • "No housekeeping", um this is a DVC resort there isn't housekeeping. Do your homework.
  • "Cockroaches on the stairs", this is Florida, they're everywhere!!! I've since learned this after moving from the west coast to the south.
  • "Small rooms", what did you expect? We were amazed at the Poly room sizes for standard rooms. Plus they sleep 5!
  • "Incompetent staff". While we've met some clueless cast members over the years, we've also interacted with plenty of fantastic, well informed cast members.

Owned at SSR, disneymooned at Poly and Board walk. Now currently own at PVB.

All I can say is that author most likely didn't stay in a Poly Magic kingdom view hotel room. Nothing can top going to bed with the castle as a nightlight and the boat horns as an alarm. loved it there, and so excited to stay in the new bungalows and the dlx studios

Anybody have any complaints about lack of up keep , like light bulbs burnt out , trash left in trash can upon 1st entering room , patio door trim hang loose and pieces broken off , shower faucet not working, mold, high humidity , pictures missing ??experienced all that and more got pics to support

I am at SSR right now. I love the resort. I love being able to walk to DS in less than 5 minutes. I love being able to park close. I love the landscaping and golf course. My favorite resort. Even though I own at BLT I rarely stay there.

But GOSH do these rooms need a refurb DESPERATELY. The couch is so worn out that no one can sit on it. My DH prefers to sit in my rollator’s seat so that’s saying something.

The fan looks like a $49 special from BIg Lots. The rest of the furniture is just so old, very dated and just plain worn out. The rugs are worn from from traffic.

And it’s not just this one room. This is our third stay since September 2017. And 3 trips the year before. All of the rooms are like this.

So why do we continue to stay here? Location,location, location. Plus availability with short notice.

I am at SSR right now. I love the resort. I love being able to walk to DS in less than 5 minutes. I love being able to park close. I love the landscaping and golf course. My favorite resort. Even though I own at BLT I rarely stay there.

But GOSH do these rooms need a refurb DESPERATELY. The couch is so worn out that no one can sit on it. My DH prefers to sit in my rollator’s seat so that’s saying something.

The fan looks like a $49 special from BIg Lots. The rest of the furniture is just so old, very dated and just plain worn out. The rugs are worn from from traffic.

And it’s not just this one room. This is our third stay since September 2017. And 3 trips the year before. All of the rooms are like this.

So why do we continue to stay here? Location,location, location. Plus availability with short notice.
These are the reasons SSR is off my list for now. Was this way with BW and Bc before their rehabs. Disney waits too long with rehabs. I’m hoping the new rehab schedule will remedy this issue.

These are the reasons SSR is off my list for now. Was this way with BW and Bc before their rehabs. Disney waits too long with rehabs. I’m hoping the new rehab schedule will remedy this issue.
Disney sure has waited too long here at SSR. I reserved a studio for a friend who is here with us now. I’m embarrassed at how bad her room is. She is not familiar with Disney at all. She probably thinks we put her up at the Disney equivalent of Motel 6. Of course she would never complain.

Disney sure has waited too long here at SSR. I reserved a studio for a friend who is here with us now. I’m embarrassed at how bad her room is. She is not familiar with Disney at all. She probably thinks we put her up at the Disney equivalent of Motel 6. Of course she would never complain.
I've seen alot of things just not right there but also in other resorts also SSR is a beautiful resort with a great location, i not trying to be negative, I do realize it is older property that does need refurbishing,but you cant let things go to the point it has , it can be old but it must be keep up , light do burn out , but there is on excuses for putting guests in rooms with mold .. look closely it the picture in bathroom white matt was spotted with mold , tile in the tub , carpet in room very damp, maybe just shampooed? By the 3rd day should have been dry ..had them bring in a dehumidifier, that took care of it checked bath exhaust fan not exhausting properly, I do maintenance as a profession ,138 unit of public housing my tenants Do Not and will put up this lack of maintaining , but again I'm not going to blame anyone on staff at SSR , great people ,they just dont have the resources to deal with these major problems, I'll blame dvc executives , they need to stay up on renovations, before building new dvc resorts

Oh, I am sorry the rooms you and your friend is in is so bad.

I had 2 DVC stays in SSR recently, 2 bedroom HA in springs in December which was fine, 1 bedroom in Paddock in January and there we had maintenance issues and a sofa that was horrible to sit on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter