Bad Experience at POFQ

figmentcookie

Mouseketeer
My husband and I recently had a bad experience at POFQ and we just want to give a heads up to anyone who may want to stay there or is staying there soon.

I've been and stayed at Disney World on 23 different occasions since 1985 and this was the absolute worst experience I've ever had.

We checked in to POFQ 12/23/2008 and were very excited because we've read so many nice things about it online in different places. When we got to the hotel around 10 am and our room wasn't ready and the front desk told us we'd have to wait until 3 pm. That's very normal for Disney hotels, so we were fine.

We went to the parks at 11 pm, got our hotel room number, and went up to our room. The room was absolutely filthy. There was hair all over the floor of the sink area, in the bathtub/toilet area, and in the bathtub itself. The floor was all smudged and had dirt marks on it too. Plus, on the carpeted area by the beds, there were six fingernails in different locations on the floor... it was clear the floor of the room had NOT been cleaned.

The worst part was when we pulled down the sheets and there was a lot of hair in the sheets in BOTH of the beds. Plus there were some other nasty things in the sheets I'd prefer not to even mention.

My husband complained to the front desk and they gave us a new room in a new building still at POFQ. In that room, the floor and bathroom were clean, but both of the beds had hair under the pillowcases and some in between the sheets.

We decided to leave POFQ and stay at a different Disney resort. By this time it was 12:30. The manager was not helpful and wanted us to A. take her to the rooms and show her the hairs and nails, and B. keep checking different rooms until we found a clean one we would stay in. After an hour and a half (literally) of discussion/arguments with the manager, we finally were able to have the money we paid for that night transferred to the new hotel as a credit, which the manager did NOT want to do.

Please, beware of the POFQ and think twice about staying there. If you already have plans to stay there, make sure your bed is clean before you stay.

I am so sorry to hear about your POFQ stay. We had such a nice stay there a couple of years ago. We had 4 rooms, and nothing like what you described. It will be very sad if POFQ does go downhill...:guilty:

Stayed at POFQ many times, never had any issues. (last time in 07)
I wouldnt think twice about staying there.
Im suprised to hear you had any issues.
I'd stay there again in a heartbeat,-
Im sure your issues are EXTREMELY rare.
and, after all you did get credit for that night, good ending to a long night.

Sorry you had to deal with that. Other people's hair grosses me out. I hope y'all didn't have early plans for the next morning!

I've luckily stayed at POFQ with no problems.

Housekeepers come and go frequently, and I would guess quite a few switch resorts sometimes, too, so that could have happened at ANY of the hotels. I'm sure you know that, but I understand how something can still dampen your view on future stays at a hotel.

That's terrible! One thing I would be careful of - returning so late you probably got rooms that other people rejected or for some reason were not cleaned that day. I always try to get into the room as soon as it's available to check it out.

What resort did you move to?

So sorry to hear of your disappointing experience!

I saw some other posts on the DVC board about similar experiences, hopefully the resort management will pay heed and make some changes.

I hope your new resort stay was Magical!

I would encourage you to contact WDW. Something unrecognized will never be corrected!!

Curious - were the two rooms near each other? I mean, could they have been "cleaned" by the same Mousekeeper? That might be an issue for POFQ to consider.

My usual response when somebody reports a problem - either in detail, or simply having one - is that the best time to get it resolved is WHILE it's occuring. You were finally able to do that, but in this case I recommend you DO write to Disney - unemotionally and concisely, stating the facts, details, dates, and times of your experience. They NEED to know - both about the room cleaning problem and the resort manager's attitude.

We stayed at POFQ in March and had no problems

Could be that the people in the room before you checked out late and made their beds before doing so. Maybe mouskeeping saw the beds made and mistakenly thought the room had already been cleaned.

Hard to believe that would happen in two rooms though.

We stayed there in Oct. and I have to say that housekeeping was pretty gross. I thought they might be having a rough week or something...but there were hairs in the beds, on the table and in the tub. They did come and clean it and didn't notice a problem after that.

The manager was not helpful and wanted us to A. take her to the rooms and show her the hairs and nails.

I would most certainly have taken her up on that offer, and also asked her to personally take you to any alternative room so it could be checked before she left you. If it was that bad I'd have taken some photos too, to be honest.

Disney resort mousekeeping does seem a little patchy, and while 99% of the time it's fine, when it gets bad it does seem to get VERY bad. And that applies across all of the Disney resorts.

Sorry for the bad experience you had, it really does sound like you got late-night leftover rooms which had not been processed properly.

Andre

who is shedding all this hair? :confused3

I would have loved to take her to the rooms, probly would have been able to show her on my camera (I love digital cameras were you dont have to wory about wasting film):cool1:

You do have to wonder what sort of wolf-man is visiting these rooms.

I've had crummy hotel/resort issues and it always seems that if you get one bad room, the next one isn't much better.

That's awful! We had a room last year in Bldg 5 that was spotless, but I have heard of rooms in POFQ and other resorts that were dirty upon check in. :sad1:

I hope you had a better stay after you switched resorts! :goodvibes

We experienced something very similar at POR and worse, the Manager behaved similar - seemed to care less.

They didn't offer us to change rooms, but we insisted they come reclean the room in front of us - and they did - but we would never stay there again.

I realize that can happen anywhere - but is hasn't for us - just here.

Ouch, that sucks big time. Hope the rest of your trip was a bit better.
One note, Have you written or emailed (I would do both) Disney? While I appreciate the warning, you need to make an official complaint to the powers that be.
They can't fix a problem until they hear about it.

Our Mousekeeping experience there in July '05 wasn't much better. Didn't notice any hair but the floor was not vaccuumed the entire time we were there and noticed some teddy grahams by the wastebasket at arrival. Luckily our girls were older and just went "ewwww" rather than "yum" :rotfl:

Wow, that's crazy. What's crazier is that it seems like your experience is the same as the other bad experiences at POFQ! We've never stayed there (definitely prefer Riverside!), but I have no desire to, especially now.

I would most certainly have taken her up on that offer, and also asked her to personally take you to any alternative room so it could be checked before she left you. If it was that bad I'd have taken some photos too, to be honest.

This is exactly what I would have done. She and I would be taking a walk to check out the room and then she would accompany me to our new location.

I am so sorry that you had this experience, I love POFQ and have never had this happen to me. I would not hold one bad room against the resort but I would make sure my next room location was acceptable. After two I would also want to move to a new resort and would not tolerate a manager arguing that with me.

That's terrible. Sorry to hear after all the times you've been there to have to have waited for your room & dealt with that. I can't understand why a manager was upset with YOU! Maybe yours wasn't the first complaint of the day! I hope the rest of your trip was better & you enjoyed your new resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter