• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bad news on Grand Villas

mikesmom

<font color=9999FF>Never pool hops without a licen
Just got off the phone with Member Services. I was trying to book a Grand Villa at BWV for the last week of May next year. It's myself, DH, our 18 year old and probably a college buddy, our eldest with his wife and 3 year old, and maybe our daughter and husband. They are scattered all over the country and this was the week we could all schedule.

The bad news - the Grand Villas start rehabbing the first of the year and won't be done in time for our dates! I am soooo bummed! We don't want to use OKW because it would involve worrying about cars every time someone wanted to go somewhere. I know we can fit everybody into a 2 BDRM and a Studio or even a 1 bdrm and a 2 bdrm for less points than the Villa, but those could be clear across the building. We were really looking forward to the whole group being together. And REALLY looking forward to the fun of Disney with that little one.

RATS!!

I'm sorry that BWV won't have a Grand Villa available, but I really don't understand the connection between cars and OKW. Would you have cars parked at BWV? OKW does have Disney Transport, it just isn't within walking distance EPCOT. You can walk to DD though, or take the boat. You'd still need to use the busses for MK & AK from BWV, or drive.

If you really want a Grand Villa, I wouldn't rule out OKW.

Don't eliminate OKW from your planning. We used a GV at OKW this summer. They provide much more space and privacy then the BWVs. Bus service is OK to EPCOT. With the little one, you'll probably go to the MK often. There is little difference in transportation between OKW and BWV.

We have always our multi-room reservations close, either side by side or across the hall. Disney tries to meet everyone's needs.

We've tried OKW and while DH and I like the peace and quiet, it's a little TOO quiet for the college students and the twenty-somethings. We thought we could get away with one van, or at the most, 2 vehicles. We're not crazy about the bus service and frankly, I don't even want to think about it with a stroller, so ability to walk to much of the area was a big plus.

I'm going to try for a 2 bdrm and a studio (the 19-year old will probably love the independence) and add another studio later if daughter makes up her mind.

Sure hope they can keep us all together!

At BWV, you can actually get two 2BR's for a point cost less than a GV. You could also request that the two 2BR's (or a 2BR and 1BR) be adjoining(next to each other); though not guaranteed they would likely meet such a request.

Drusba,
Actually for the time in question 2 x 2 bdrm is actually 54 points lower than the GV. We were willing to pay the difference for the fun of being together.

I just booked the 2 bdrm and studio, called DH to tell him what I'd done, and he wants me to call 'em back and book another studio in case DD and hubbie really come along. Member Services on a Monday morning - aaarrgghhh! I guess I didn't really want to get any work done this morning, LOL.

Just a thought, instead of calling MS back and being on a half day holding venture, you could always e-mail them with your studio request. Every time I've sent them an e-mail with a room reservation they've gotten back to me within a day or two. :)

And you could book the extra room and then cancel if you need to but more than 30 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter