Bag/purse suggestions

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
I am looking for bag / purse suggestions.

I am not a fan of carrying large bags or a backpack. Plus what do you do with it on the rides?

I need it to hold money and my cell phone, possibly a camera.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I wear a crossbody bag. Just big enough to carry my stuff, but small enough to not get in the way or bog me down.

If i don’t think i will need a light jacket, I take my small crossbody Lug skipper pouch. It holds my purse, small wallet and glasses plus pills and band-aids. If i need a jacket for later on, i take my small baggelini backpack.

If there is a very low chance of rain, I take my Dooney HM Pouchette crossbody bag. It's just the right size for a wallet, phone, some individual hand wipes, and any other small incidentals I might want for the day. If there is a good chance of rain, I take my Overland Equipment Donner crossbody bag. It's big enough to put my nylon poncho in (I put the poncho in a Ziploc bag first) and the spaces on either side that are intended to carry bottled water work great for carrying a compact umbrella. It's probably twice the size of the Dooney bag though, so I only carry it if there's a really good chance of rain (50% or higher). Unless specifically instructed (like on Soarin) to remove the bag, I just wear them for the rides.

I used to just wear cargo capris, and go bagless, but I find a small bag to be easier when navigating security at the park entrance. My BIL goes bag free, and it seems like my sister and I get through bag check faster than he gets through the no bag but metal detector line most of the time.

I used to wear a string back pack but have recently found a really cute small backpack with some outside pockets that I love to wear. It's comfortable, big enough to keep my stuff in and easy to take on rides, you just put it in front of you and if needed,put a leg through the strap to keep it steady. I really feel a backpack is the best way to go

I agonize over this every year. I have tried many different things. I hate carrying anything, even on my back. The changing weather and air conditioning in the restaurants necessitates me having at least a sweat shirt on. I recently bought a waist belt. It's a very light material that has a zipper pocket that expands to fit credit cards or a phone or some trading pins. I haven't used it yet, so will see if it does the trick. Last year I bought a small purse from Mexico, a single string strap and it's about five by five inches. I carried pins in it. I was able to go though the no bag line with it. And...I do have to tie my sweatshirt around my waist when it warms up.

I just bought an XS "Healthy Back Bag" by Ameribag for my upcoming trip.

Hopefully someone can comfirm...but, I believe rides on which you can't just keep your bag on your shoulder or lap there are specific places stow them.

I have a small Eddie Bauer packable backpack that I take. It's really light weight and small enough that I don't really notice it while carrying it around the parks. Sometimes all I have it in is my wallet and my cell phone, but other times I have a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt and a change of shoes. This last trip I took vionic slip on shoes and my Birkenstock sandals, it was made a big difference on my feet when I would switch shoes half way through the day.

I've never had an issue with the pack on rides. On RnRC and ToT I just hook the bag around my feet, FoP has a bin for putting your stuff. I think I've been on every ride in DW and I've never had an issue with storing it. I know at other theme parks I've had to leave it on certain rides.

I use a crossbody Kavu. The strap that hangs down is perfect for all my fav. disney pins!

Won't be much help to you but I gave up on a purse at WDW years ago. I stuff my dh's pockets and have learned to leave my cell phone behind. I do believe a crossbody would be your best option.

I, too, struggle with this every trip. I’ve tried;
1. Baggaini messenger bag (all the rage in 2010). Too heavy for me and didn’t like having to deal with it on rides.
2. Regular backpack. Bad idea. Hot and heavy.
3. Sherpani small crossbody. This one was ok.
4. Vera Bradley little hipster. I am going to horrify someone but I admit I wore this around my waist. Really liked it.
5. VB mini hipster. Best one yet but I truly don’t like carrying a crossbody all day.

I’m missing a baggillini in there somewhere and a Kipling triple zip.

This trip I’m trying a convertible bag from arcteryx called the maka 1. Can be worn crossbody, like a sling bag, and like a waist bag. Lots of pockets, separate easy acccess for cell phone, wet weather won’t bother it, and comes in a lot of colors.
https://www.amazon.com/Arcteryx-Maka-1-Waistpack/dp/B01BE2GVIC

Thank you everyone for your replys... I decided on and ordered Travelon Classic Light Convertible Waist Pack. I will probably never wear it as a waist pack, but I wanted something small. I just need to fit a small camera, change purse, Advil, chapstick, lip gloss, cash and my phone for the rides. I already own the Travelon Slim Pouch, but the new one I ordered is a different shape and a little smaller.
https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Ant...rds=travelon+convertible+crossbody+waist+pack

I only have a few requirements for a park bag:
  • Lightweight
  • Crossbody style
  • No inside zipper compartments or complicated exterior compartments
  • Enough room for my cell phone, flat wallet, reading glasses, hand wipes, and lip balm.
Prior to needing my reading glasses on a regular basis, I could get away with everything in my pockets. That is until manufacturers of women's shorts made pockets too small to really hold much.

I bought a Gearwear running belt.(Amazon) It's very light and has a zipper pouch for phone, credit card and some trading pins or other small items. It's virtually undetectable in regards the feel of it. The only thing that's a problem for me is the darn sweatshirt. If it gets hot I have no option other than tying it around my waist. But it's that or getting a bag large enough to stuff it in. I truly haven't found the perfect solution yet, unless I go in full summer when it's so hot you don't need anything.

I have a small sling backpack that has a buckle on the strap so I can easily get it on and off with no struggle. I think I got it on amazon?

Thank you everyone for your replys... I decided on and ordered Travelon Classic Light Convertible Waist Pack. I will probably never wear it as a waist pack, but I wanted something small. I just need to fit a small camera, change purse, Advil, chapstick, lip gloss, cash and my phone for the rides. I already own the Travelon Slim Pouch, but the new one I ordered is a different shape and a little smaller.
https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Ant...rds=travelon+convertible+crossbody+waist+pack

I carry the Travelon crossbody bag also with a Pacsafe wallet.
https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Ant...1123011&psd=1&keywords=travelon+crossbody+bag

https://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-RFID...qid=1517186638&sr=8-4&keywords=Pacsafe+wallet

A small travel advil bottle, a fuel rod with cable, eos lipbalm, Samsung Galaxy s8 in a lifeproof fre case and wallet fit fine in the crossbody.

The travelon crossbody kept everything dry as we got soaked from head to toe one night at Animal Kingdom.

agree with all the PP about a crossbody purse, I find it more convenient because I can keep wearing it on the rides. Tried a backpack last trip but it got super annoying taking it on/off rides, buckling in, and shoving it into the small mesh ride compartments.

I have a Coach messenger crossbody that holds my slim wallet used to only carry the essentials, sunglasses, iphone, portable battery charger, lip gloss, band aids, and breath mints. It holds it all without getting heavy or bulky

Attachments

• 59975_liblk_a0.jpg
    59975_liblk_a0.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter