bags- crossbody vs. backpack

I use the Vera Bradley hipster - it may look small, but it can hold a ton! Tried backpacks before but also found myself having to stop too many time to dig for stuff. After half a day or so, I ended up using only one strap on the backpack so that it was virtually a messenger type bag.

I second the Vera Bradley Hipster! Finally a bag I used more than one trip! Seriously after 8+ trips I've used them all! Fannypack (LOL don't judge it was my first trip;)) backpack-too much of a pain to take off each time I wanted something in it& way TOO HOT in Summer.
Bagelinni Crossbody-great bag, but too big
Prob 4 or 5 Vera Bradley bags-I loved them all but none could hold everything I wanted!
My Hipster usually holds a small umbrella, a light sweater, camera, phone, ID, debit card, Advil, band aids, feminine products if needed, a handheld fan, sunglasses case, battery phone charger, & prob more that I can't think of!

$T2eC16Z,!)QFIcJdw68eBSb877tYyg~~60_35.JPG

This bag, in light grey, goes everywhere with me. :goodvibes

My bag:cool1:
I don't care about room for a water bottle. When I'm thirsty I drink the whole bottle pretty quick;)

I'm a fan of the Overland Donner. I've had mine for 7 years (Only use it at Disney) and love it! It has mesh pockets on the side to carry water bottles...nice inner pockets for everything including a coin pocket where I keep ID, TIW card etc....love it!

Our last 3 trips I have used the Baggallini Messenger Bag and love it. My husband calls it the bat bag because he is always surprised at how much stuff I pull out of the bag when needed. On the inside of the strap it has a small zip compartment that on me is right in the middle of my chest. I keep our keys to world cards, Disney Visa, and small amount of cash in the pocket on the strap, I can get to it easy without digging in the bag. I keep rain coats in ziplock bags in it and so much more. The best thing is I have my hands free and it is so light I can carry it all day.
I also got Neoslings for our water bottles. My husband laughed at me when I bought them but after their first trip he love the sling. They keep our hand free and the water a little colder then in my bag. My husband is always asking me for his water because he forgets he has it on him.
http://www.amazon.com/NEOSLING-Adju...1396056146&sr=8-8&keywords=water+bottle+sling

I'm a fan of the Overland Donner. I've had mine for 7 years (Only use it at Disney) and love it! It has mesh pockets on the side to carry water bottles...nice inner pockets for everything including a coin pocket where I keep ID, TIW card etc....love it!

I love my Donner bag, too. It has room for my camera and water bottles. Sometimes I use the Baylis or the Pixley from Overland Equipment. They are much smaller than the Donner, but are perfect when I don't bring water and my big camera. They fit my wallet, small camera, Tylenol, sunglasses, and my boys' lanyards.

Our last 3 trips I have used the Baggallini Messenger Bag and love it. My husband calls it the bat bag because he is always surprised at how much stuff I pull out of the bag when needed. On the inside of the strap it has a small zip compartment that on me is right in the middle of my chest. I keep our keys to world cards, Disney Visa, and small amount of cash in the pocket on the strap, I can get to it easy without digging in the bag. I keep rain coats in ziplock bags in it and so much more. The best thing is I have my hands free and it is so light I can carry it all day.

I love my baggallini messenger bag too. I can put whatever I need into it, and I don't notice the weight at all. Much more comfortable than having a fanny pack strapped around my waist.

I love my 31 crossbody. It's got lots of pockets and plenty of room without being too big.
Plus the strap us long enough for my over 6 foot tall frame......which is important to me.

I wanted to use a cross body and brought both. I found with gear for one child and two water bottles, the cross body was too heavy for comfort. I had another bag at the stroller, but still had enough stuff that the weight was significant. Mostly it's water that is heavy.

Hi everyone,

Last time I went to Disney I used a small backpack to carry my things (just stuff for myself, I'm not toting things for a child). While it was comfortable and worked out fine, I felt like I was constantly stopping, taking it off, looking for something, putting it back on, etc. However, I liked having the room to put a full sized water bottle, some Tylenol, a poncho, my glasses, a hat, camera, my pin lanyard, etc.

I'm thinking about possibly just using either a medium sized crossbody (so water will fit) or a very small one, and carrying my water. I am just looking to find out what others do- yes I realize this is a very insignificant issue but I like knowing how others schlep their stuff. I'd like to go "bag free", but I really like having my Tylenol and some water at all times.

Thanks!:flower3:

Put your Tylenol in your pocket and stop at a CS anytime you want a free glass of ice water? Get one of the dollar store disposable ponchos that is all folded up neat into a tiny packet, stick in your rear pocket throw away if used and get another from the hotel room for the next day. Hat on your head obviously, glasses on your face or pushed up over the hat when not in use (or on a lanyard to hang on neck when not in use....same with camera on your pin lanyard?

That's what I do (except I don't wear a hat). Such a nice feeling to move about with only things hanging around your neck.

Oh...and something my daughter who DOES wear a hat does is uses a Carabineer and hangs the hat off her belt loop when not in use.

I like that a crossbody bag almost never has to be taken off and can squeeze onto a ride seat most of the time.

After using several other park bags, I have this cross-body bag from eBags:

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553?productid=1237312

I can actually fit a standard bottle of water, standing up, in one of the inner pockets. It has plenty of room and is pretty compact. i have used it on 2 park trips and many long days as a chaperone locally. I can also shorten the strap to make it more of a shoulder bag.

The other bag I like for a long day (or carrying stuff for a child too) is this Baggallini messenger bag:

http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-ME...6151157&sr=8-32&keywords=baggallini+crossbody

It's a little bigger and has the water bottle external.

PHXscuba

I like that a crossbody bag almost never has to be taken off and can squeeze onto a ride seat most of the time.

After using several other park bags, I have this cross-body bag from eBags:

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553?productid=1237312

I can actually fit a standard bottle of water, standing up, in one of the inner pockets. It has plenty of room and is pretty compact. i have used it on 2 park trips and many long days as a chaperone locally. I can also shorten the strap to make it more of a shoulder bag.

The other bag I like for a long day (or carrying stuff for a child too) is this Baggallini messenger bag:

http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-ME...6151157&sr=8-32&keywords=baggallini+crossbody

It's a little bigger and has the water bottle external.

PHXscuba

These are the same 2 park bags that I have!:) I do think the baggallini is a touch more comfortable for a long day than the ebag.

I love that Piazza Day bag! It's my current park bag.

I like that a crossbody bag almost never has to be taken off and can squeeze onto a ride seat most of the time. After using several other park bags, I have this cross-body bag from eBags: http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553?productid=1237312 I can actually fit a standard bottle of water, standing up, in one of the inner pockets. It has plenty of room and is pretty compact. i have used it on 2 park trips and many long days as a chaperone locally. I can also shorten the strap to make it more of a shoulder bag. The other bag I like for a long day (or carrying stuff for a child too) is this Baggallini messenger bag: http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-MES160BK_Black_30-Messenger-Bagg-Black/dp/B000F3YMXS/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1396151157&sr=8-32&keywords=baggallini+crossbody It's a little bigger and has the water bottle external. PHXscuba

These are the same 2 park bags that I have!:) I do think the baggallini is a touch more comfortable for a long day than the ebag.

I do like my Baggalini but it is almost too big if I am just toting park snacks, a bottle of water, my phone, camera, and travel wallet. But I do like all the pockets! I originally bought the Piazza for DD14 but she didn't use it. I tried it and loved it!

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter