Bags

MandiC

DIS Veteran
So, sell me on your favorite bags to bring to Disney!

I did a search for bags before our trip earlier this year and found my bagalini that way. It is a great little bag for sure...but, it just doesn't work for someone of my size (5'3"). We did a backpack 2 of the days and that was just as bad on the back, plus it seemed since we had the extra space my family felt like using it ;) and then I just felt like a pack mule carrying a bunch of stuff around that we never did end up using.

Hi! its cool to travel to disneyland:cool1::cool1::cool1:
and to have you oun bag is important for privacy)) I'd like to choose something like that:
small bag with weels and a lock))

What do you need to fit in to the bag? Would it be easier on you back just to rent a locker and store your stuff? I think if I didn't have a stroller-aged child, I would not carry a bag around the parks. I'd pack some frozen waters in a soft sided cooler and store that in a locker. I'd stick my debit card and phone in my pocket, my camera around my neck, and everyone can carry what they need with them. If I was going to use a bag, it would be a cheap mini backpack style from walmart.

I have the Patagonia Atom (I am 5'2") and it works well. It's bigger inside than it looks from the outside. I love it too because on the rides, I can just swing it around front and not worry about having to take it off. :goodvibes

What about something like a Vera Bradley hipster? My sister and I joke that their bags are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside - they aren't *quite* like Mary Poppins' carpet bag but we're always shocked at the amount of stuff you can get into a VB bag and it doesn't look lumpy or stuffed. They have a million patterns, so you ought to be able to find something that appeals to you. :)

I am 5'2" although I am not sure what your high has to do with it unless you are looking for adjustable straps? I love Kipling bags.

Height, because the bag just hung off of me, rather than fitted to me as it should have. Thankfully I got a neutral color so my husband would take it when I needed him to ;)
I am not sure what I'll need to fit since we will have all 4 of the kids and our youngest will be 4 years old. So we will likely also have a stroller, we didn't bring our younger two for our last trip so we didn't have a stroller. I am sure we will need autograph books/pens in it, some granola bars or other small snacks, a water bottle and a spot for money (speaking of, I will have bags with quarters/pennies for pressed pennies). Also sometimes my daughters took their pin lanyards off and wanted them in my bag so I may have 4 of those in there as well ;)
I'll look into the bags suggested, thank you!

Hmmm. My younger DD was 5'2" on our last trip and she wore my Baggalini crossbody bag no problem - it was easily adjustable. I'm guessing the style you got wasn't? Oldest DD bought a fanny pack for her trip to WDW next month, but she used to use a small Kipling bag - similar to the Firefly N backpack (she was under 5'4" when she used it, it's small and not bulky). It was pricey but we've used it for years and it still looks like new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter