Bahamas and CC weather looks terrible

c todd

Mouseketeer
We’re a week out and the forecast before, during and after looks pretty abysmal for Nassau and CC. We have a cabana booked and a very expensive day at Atlantis (which we are okay with both of not rained out) but can’t decide if we should cancel at least one while we still have the opportunity. If anyone is there this week could you please give a post weather update? And advice on cancelling?

You're at the time of year where showers happen randomly in the Bahamas, and they happen often. It's the rainy season. Just because Abaco is going to get showers doesn't mean Castaway Cay will, though, and just because Nassau might get a shower doesn't mean Atlantis will. Besides, it's a week away. Everything could change. Weather forecasts are just educated guesses anyway.

Jun - Nov is not just hurricane season, it's the rainy season. We got rained on a little at Atlantis in a previous trip. We just stayed in the pools and rode water slides and it wasn't that big a deal. Good luck!

We’re a week out and the forecast before, during and after looks pretty abysmal for Nassau and CC. We have a cabana booked and a very expensive day at Atlantis (which we are okay with both of not rained out) but can’t decide if we should cancel at least one while we still have the opportunity. If anyone is there this week could you please give a post weather update? And advice on cancelling?
You're still a week out. It's still too early to say if the forecasts will be accurate.

There is a system in the Gulf right now and here in Orlando we have gotten rain (and a substantial amount) every day for the last 12 days and there is no end in site. The 10 day forecast calls for 60% plus chance every day.

It typically rains but for a short time mixed with sun, and long term forecast are typically hedging bets there will be some tropical rain.

I remember our Castaway Cay day looked miserable, the day before. Even one of the ship's officers was not optimistic. Well, the day of, ended up being just fine. Some showers way at the end of the day. Too far out to predict. I would not worry.

I agree, we leave Friday for our 3 night dream cruise... oh well, can't change mother nature!

We sailed May 11-14 on The Dream, the weather looked awful for Nassau and CC.
Nassau was a pretty wet day, but CC was a perfect day! Even that night at the show Carly the cruise director said, she was so happy with the day we had because the forecast showed a really ugly day.
You just never know......

Have fun!

We are on the same cruise! Very nervous about the weather, mainly as I am scared of getting seasick.
I do get sea sick!! Last two cruises I had the magic hurricane Mathew cruise followed by crossing the North Atlantic to Iceland and back. Take a Dramamine at night before bed followed by a ginger in the morning. I survived both of those cruises fine by doing that!! I hope our weather is great, but either way we are on the ship!

We are on the same cruise! Very nervous about the weather, mainly as I am scared of getting seasick.

Another fellow cruiser on the Dream this weekend!!

I'm hoping for sunshine, but one of my sons loves rain so either way someone in our family will be happy. You know the old saying - a rainy day on a Disney Cruise is better than a sunny day while I am at work anyway sitting at an office cubicle with no exterior views!!

Plan for the worst and hope for the best. It has been raining a lot in Fla all week and is expected to continue through the weekend. When planning our day we include the weather, as long as we avoid lightning there is still a lot of fun to be had. On CC we lucked out, forecast rain all day it did not come until mid afternoon the first day which ended up being heavy on and off and late in the afternoon the second day which lasted until after we left. We ended up having a late lunch at Cookies while many rushed back to the ship and enjoyed a near deserted island for a couple more hours the first day, the second day we had just returned to the ship when rain started.

I hope everyone has a great trip! Looking forward to getting on the boat tomorrow rain or shine!!

What’s weather normally like at the start of December for for three day cruise on dream

December is out of hurricane season, at least officially, so the odds are you will have dry, pleasant weather. It could be pretty cool in Port Canaveral, though not likely. Decembers here in central FL are usually very, very mild with only occasional cold snaps.

Can't speak for only a 3 night Bahamian cruise, but we have sailed on 7 night cruises many times in the first few days of January and have found that even if the weather is cold in Port Canaveral, as we sail a lot southward, the weather was lovely. Happy sailing! :cutie:

So as a follow up in case this thread ever gets dug out of the archives... Yes, we had bad weather. Maybe a few hours in Nassau on no rain but it started pretty heavy at about noon. We tried at least 4 times to dock in Castaway Cay, no luck and the Captain came on and said conditions were supposed to worsen throughout the day so he would not try again and he was going to try and sail into a better spot so we weren't as rocky. The castaway cay 5k was held on deck 4, 8 laps around, actually pretty fun. Navigator app was updated within the hour of all the new activities. Still bummed we missed the island. Really wanted a beach vacation.
The only person I really felt bad for was the lady who was supposed to get married that day on the island.

Mil Leech

we were on the May 9th sailing of the Magic. We ended up with a decent day in Nassau and rain in the afternoon on Castaway Cay, with an overcast morning. I'm sorry you didn't even get off the boat. So disappointing.

So as a follow up in case this thread ever gets dug out of the archives... Yes, we had bad weather. Maybe a few hours in Nassau on no rain but it started pretty heavy at about noon. We tried at least 4 times to dock in Castaway Cay, no luck and the Captain came on and said conditions were supposed to worsen throughout the day so he would not try again and he was going to try and sail into a better spot so we weren't as rocky. The castaway cay 5k was held on deck 4, 8 laps around, actually pretty fun. Navigator app was updated within the hour of all the new activities. Still bummed we missed the island. Really wanted a beach vacation.
The only person I really felt bad for was the lady who was supposed to get married that day on the island.
We were on that cruise, too. We had planned for a weekend of sun and laying out around the beach and the pool. We got none of it, which was particularly disappointing to my wife. We got home yesterday and realized we hadn't put our sunglasses on once the whole time we were gone. I guess that's the chance you take, but we're hoping for much better the next time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter