Balloon entangled in Merida’s horse

I have experience with horses and my heart is in my throat watching this! The horse, while frightened, displayed amazing self control. Any horse of his breed could easily have taken off, dragging the two humans leading him + the rider and in doing so, very possibly could have put many other park guests at risk. Kudos to his trainer, the 2 handlers and to Merida who managed to stay on long enough to find a way to safely dismount.

Yes, it does kind of look like the balloon was thrown, the Mickey head weight at the bottom carrying the balloon along and wrapping around the horse's leg. If you notice the balloons being held by the cast member at the end of the video are not moving at all, as if there was no wind. I would hope they get rid of the balloons before they got rid of the horses. I'll be interested to see if there are any more details on this.

That balloon was THROWN, and by the looks of things, not by a toddler. It didn't just "float" over there. It was thrown with enough force for the weight to wrap around it's leg. How very sad that some peoples' children can be so cruel to animals, as to want to throw things at them.

This video is so upsetting.

WOW. That could have resulted in a very different scenario.

I have experience with horses and my heart is in my throat watching this! The horse, while frightened, displayed amazing self control. Any horse of his breed could easily have taken off, dragging the two humans leading him + the rider and in doing so, very possibly could have put many other park guests at risk. Kudos to his trainer, the 2 handlers and to Merida who managed to stay on long enough to find a way to safely dismount.

I just now saw this, sorry if old news. You're right all involved did an excellent job. I never saw a video when they actually removed the balloon. Anyone one see this or have info. Just curious. Looks like the lady in orange shirt is thinking about reaching to remove but don't know as video stops?

I heard they are removing the weights from the balloons and no longer selling them on Main Street, at least for now.

Hmm. Without weights, those balloons would last 1 minute in kid’s hands, then s/he would cry and ask for another one... I think they are $12 each now. That would generate more income for Disney. Lol

My parents always tied them to my wrist as a child. I see lots of balloons tied around strollers as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter