• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Balloons in the Magic Kingdom

heather_bell764

Earning My Ears
I would like to know if the vendors (?) in the Magic Kingdom sell balloons that haven't been blown up yet?

I can't imagine a good way of packing an already inflated balloon in a suitcase. How long do the balloons stay inflated before they start to wrinkle? has anyone re-inflated them once they had taken them home?

This will be our 4th WDW family trip and my DD and I are looking for more miscellaneous souvenirs.

Many Thanks

I'm not sure that you can buy one that hasn't been blown up yet, but we have re-inflated one of the foil balloons with no problems.

And we have a Death Star balloon we bought a month ago that still looks almost like we just bought it.

What we did was create a little magic. We bought balloons for our kids on the first day in the park, and the last day of our trip we went down to the check-in area and found a family to give them to before our ME to the airport. They were extremely surprised and my kids felt like they did a good thing.

I'm not sure that you can buy one that hasn't been blown up yet, but we have re-inflated one of the foil balloons with no problems.
And we have a Death Star balloon we bought a month ago that still looks almost like we just bought it.

How'd you inflate it? Don't want to damage the balloon! That sounds great though, hopefully it'll be simple enough to blow up again.

What we did was create a little magic. We bought balloons for our kids on the first day in the park, and the last day of our trip we went down to the check-in area and found a family to give them to before our ME to the airport. They were extremely surprised and my kids felt like they did a good thing.

That's incredibly sweet, you must've made that family's stay that little bit more magical. What a wonderful idea :blush:

It's not hard to un-inflate them all by yourself. Just take a look at the end and you'll see how it's done (or undone as the case may be)

It's not hard to un-inflate them all by yourself. Just take a look at the end and you'll see how it's done (or undone as the case may be)

we've never bought a balloon from the parks before but it'll be a small belated birthday treat for my DS, so I'm relieved it won't be as difficult as we'd first thought. Thank you

How'd you inflate it? Don't want to damage the balloon! That sounds great though, hopefully it'll be simple enough to blow up again.

We had purchased a small helium tank from Amazon to blow up balloons for DD's birthday last year (it was way cheaper than taking them to Kroger or Party City). I think it was the BB-8 balloon (she had a Star Wars party).

We had purchased a small helium tank from Amazon to blow up balloons for DD's birthday last year (it was way cheaper than taking them to Kroger or Party City). I think it was the BB-8 balloon (she had a Star Wars party).

For some reason, whenever we use those tanks the balloons don't stay up as long as they do from Party City-type helium. Maybe it's just me.

Here is a probably stupid question I've always wanted to ask. What do people do with balloons at the parks? I can't think of very many rides they could possibly be allowed on. I know if you have a stroller people tie them to those, but what about families with older kids?

We have 'paid it forward' with a Mickey balloon twice. And each time we weren't the first recipient of the balloon either! I was told, but never tried it myself, that Disney will refill a saggy balloon. My daughter also got a tinker bell balloon that just had to come home with us. I remember it was easy to deflate, but cannot for the life of me remember how we did it. Also just a heads up you have to pay cash for a balloon. (At least you did in January of 2017). We still use a stroller so the balloon just attached to the handle and came along. Made it super easy to find out stroller! Other days we just left it in the room.

We bought the balloon that is a Mickey balloon inside a clear balloon around it. We bought it at the end of May and just about a week ago it started to be really saggy. I don't know what they put in those balloons but our balloon looked perfect for more than a month and didn't start falling until about 6 weeks after we bought it.

Is there any place to buy a color mouse head balloon inside the clear balloon outside the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter