Bambi's hospital report - OFF TOPIC WARNING

jodyb

DIS Veteran
I know this is off-topic, and probably belongs on the community board, but since Liav "knows" the people on this board, I decided to brave the off-topic police and post it here.
It's a request for PIXIE DUST and other forms of "positive energy"..
Liav was involved in an accident on Monday that crushed the left side of her face, and she underwent reconstructive surgery this morning. Surgery was successful and a small metal plate was inserted to support her cheek and "eye-bone" (don't know proper English word for that bone..) She is resting in hospital - my older son is with her for the night and I rushed home to catch a shower and a few hours of sleep, and gather up a few precious items for the hospital stay - the camera, and Bambi, and DLP parade CDs of course being among them!
Thank you Disney friends, for listening.
:grouphug:

Oh God Jody, Iam so sorry to hear that. :sad2:

I have read all your wonderful trip reports on this board and almost feel like I *know* you and liav!
Glad to hear the surgery went well and I will definitley include Liav in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
I went through a similar thing myself when I was a 12 yr old girl; I was hit by a car and had to have pins inserted in my leg. I was in a bad way for a few months but children are so resiliant,....I was fully recovered in time, and now 18yrs later it is just a distant memory.
I know you are a wonderful mother and this will help liav get through.
I think she definitley deserves another trip to DLP when she recovers, nothing less but castle club for liav I think princess:

Please Keep us posted...Thinking of you!

pls know pixie dust and hugs are coming yours and Liav's way . . .

:flower2: :flower2: :flower2:
Oh, I'm so sorry :guilty: I hope she heals quickly without any pain.
I'll keep Liav in my thoughts. Hopefully, she'll soon be "Dancin' a Catchy Rhyhm, Singin' a Happy Song" in English AND Hebrew! :flower:
:grouphug:
Good vibes & pixie dust on its way!!! ::MinnieMo :wizard:

Jody, lots and lots of pixiedust :wizard: and {{{{{hugs}}}}} :grouphug: coming your way. Please keep us up to date with how Liav is.

Jody
I'm sending lots of Diney mag?c to you and Liav.
Please give her lots of Disboard love and thoughts.
Also remember to look after yourself as parents often forget to consider themselves when being strong for their children. :grouphug:

Morgan, Jack and Robyn also send hugs and kisses to Liav :love:

Reid

jodyb, so very sorry to hear about the accident. I hope Liav will recover quickly. I am sending you both as much positive energy and pixi dust as I can.

Jody,

Both Mom and I are very sorry to hear this. We both hope that Liav will be better soon. Hopefully, she will be rady to ride the coasters at DLP soon.

Prayers, hugs and lots of PD are on the way

JodyB- here's some more pixie dust coming your way. i am truly sorry to hear of Liav's accident and hope that her recovery will be quick and painless. My youngest son, Michael, now 9, was 5 when he fell and hit his face on the metal footing of a park bench. The wound went right down to the bone just under his eye and he needed so many stitches by a plastic surgeon. The bigger concern was the health of his eye which turned out to be fine. He now has a faint scar and it serves as a reminder to me of how fragile everything is and our need to appreciate what we have. Thank goodness, all he has is that scar and one day Liav's accident will be a faint memory and a reminder of how lucky we are to be able to heal and go on with living. Try to get rest so that you can be strong for her. Before you know it, you will be back on those coasters, laughing. :grouphug:

Oh Jody, I'm so sorry - what a horrible thing to happen. The biggest hugs for you and, especially Liav. :grouphug: Hope she's feeling better soon, and take good care of yourself too. :hug: :flower3:

I was so sorry to hear about this - how dreadful for you all. But you have lots of friends and supporters on this board who are all thinking about you and sending you strength and willing Liav to get better day by day. You know you're not facing this alone - we :grouphug: and somebody "up there" :angel: are with you all. Lots of love to Liav and to you - I think excellent therapy would be to start planning a "convalescent" trip to DLP!!! :sunny:

So sorry to hear your news. I'm definitely sending some Pixie Dust from the East Anglia region of the UK. I hope Liav is soon feeling better and able to rejoin us.

With a little Disney Magic its so easy 1,2,3!

Thinking of you and sending love to Liav. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Take Care,
Joanne

Hi Jody,
Sorry to hear about Liav's accident.
I wish her a speedy recovery and send loads of pixiedust:wizard:from London.
Do let us know how she is getting on.
Best wishes to you both.

Oh Jody,

Please know Liav is in my thoughts and I wish her a very speedy recovery. This must be an immensely difficult time for you.

:grouphug: For you both.

Very best wishes,

Karen

Jody

I hope Liav makes a speedy recovery. Sending lots of pixie dust :wizard: and hugs :grouphug: to you, Liav and your family.

Rhiannon

Jody

Thinking of you both, hope Liav makes a full recovery and keeps her spirits up. let her know she is in our thoughts

mini :cheer2:

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes (of happiness this time) - I am just so touched by all of your messages. Thank you so much! This is the first moment I've had to get to a computer since I posted last. Liav's post-surgery experience is not pleasant, but the good news is the doctors are pleased, both with their handiwork, and with her progress so far. I am printing out this thread to bring to read to her - believe me, your taking the time to write to us will have a big impact and is appreciated and definitely not taken for granted.

I agree with all of you about those coasters! We'll be back on BTM and the new SM2 as soon as possible!!! When the anesthesiologist took Liav in, I told her to choose something happy to dream about while she was under. Guess what she later told me she chose! Main street after dark!!

She can't wear headphones yet, but in a few days she should be able to listen to Happy Rhythm and the other other parade CD's!!

I'll post again as soon as I can. Meanwhile, thank you so much again for good wishes!!

:flower: :earsboy: :flower: :earsboy: :flower: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter