Bamp Bamp Bamp, Another One Misses the Ship...

Updated article from a couple of days ago.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8536872/couple-stranded-cruise-ship-left-tv-star-husband/

The couple were newlyweds and the women is somewhat of a celebrity in Costa Rica. It seems they thought the ship was leaving at 5:30 but did not read an updated itinerary. They claim six other passengers also missed the ship.

Which is why you should always read the information given to you by the cruise line AND pay attention to the signs posted that say "All Aboard" as you're exiting the ship!

If there were 6 others (the video posted a couple of posts up did show a small clump at one point), that just proves that there were 6 other people who did not bother to read the information or signs. Not that the ship should have waited.

All these situations also reinforces why not to leave kids at kids club while parents go out on excursions. Just bringing it up because I read it pretty often. People asking if they can leave kids and people replying they do. You just never know.
I don't 100% know if it was true, but on our med cruise last summer I heard from another family that there was a couple late back to the boat. The boat ended up waiting for them because they did leave their kids in the kids club. We ended up leaving the port late.

Which is why you should always read the information given to you by the cruise line AND pay attention to the signs posted that say "All Aboard" as you're exiting the ship!

If there were 6 others (the video posted a couple of posts up did show a small clump at one point), that just proves that there were 6 other people who did not bother to read the information or signs. Not that the ship should have waited.
The world is not about a set of binary choices. It's not always about right vs. wrong.

I was not suggesting that the ship should have waited. With thousands of passengers on board and only six that missed the message, it seems clear the cruise line did communicate properly. However, whenever there is a "group", however small, it suggests there could be some improvement by the cruise line. I don't know enough about this situation (and none of us do) to really suggest WHAT could have been done differently and I'm certainly not placing blame at the feet of the cruise line, but it could also be true that something could be done to reduce the chances of this occurring again. I think it changes the equation a bit when it's not just a single party.

One time stragglers arriving late get on-board literally when the last ramp is being removed with CM's encouraging them to get down the dock quickly only to discover they left their cellphone in the cab; frantic shouting and the driver dealing with Security, someone on the dock tries to throw the phone up to the 4th deck...a bounce off the ship and splash and yup, their cell phone did not make it back on-board. There was quite literally a roar from the side of the ship with everyone watching, cheering and then laughing at the situation.

There's a similar video on YouTube, though I believe this one is flipped - someone on the ship trying to throw the phone to the people that had missed it. Again, straight down into the drink...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter