Banking deadline

Bill K

DVC Member / Animal Kingdom
I have an August use year. I have until January to bank 100% of my points.
Do they mean 100% of my total allotment, or 100% of points I have left over?

The banking percentages are all based on total points in that contract. If you bank 50% by the 100% deadline, you will not be allowed to bank more later- as you will have already met the 50% and 25% limits prior to those deadlines.

It does take a little planning, so think it through!

Good Luck!

The percentages apply to your total yearly allotment. Also, you can't go beyond the total percentage in your banking. I'll try to do an example.

You have 200 points. In January, you could bank up to the full 200 points. You decide to bank 100 points. You are now finished banking for the year. The reason is because between Jan and April you would be allowed to bank up to 50% of your total points which is 100 points. You've already done that.

If you banked 25 points in January, you could bank up to an additional 75 points by the end of April because you would not be over the 100 points.

What are the specifics on banking - is it 6 months from the first day of your use year month for 100%, 9months for 75% and 10 months for 25%? Thank you for answering.

First 6 months of Use Year -- 100% of points
3-6 months left in Use Year -- 50% of points
With 3 months remaining in Use Year -- 25% of points
Final 60 days -- Unable to bank. (Also unable to make a non-DVC resort reservation for that time period. A reservation can be made prior to this to be taken at that time but a new reservation can't be made.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter