• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Banned for life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened in the resort room..a very public venue....threats over the phone is the same as yelling fire in a theater. He's actually lucky the fire alarm was not sounded as a seruirity matter.

At the time of the call there was a very real threat. The fact that the threat turned out to be wrong....This time.....does nit in aNY way change hes a danger.....the next time.

If he was in a airport, or mall or other venue and made those statements to/from the venues he would have in alot mo re trouble, especailly after having previous issues .

Again well done Disney.

AKK

I keep thinking if Disney handled this any other way there would be post after post from people complaining that Disney doesn't take threats seriously enough.

Don't act like an idiot and you will not be treated like one. Don't make threats, and you won't be treated like someone who does. Simple.

Well said and so very true, maxiesmom.

AKK

Some people are trained to deal in facts,evidence and statements or testimonies instead of speculation and hyperbole. More importantly, some people understand that "could have, should have, would have" are past modal verbs. These past modal verbs are all used hypothetically, to talk about things that didn't really happen in the past.

The phrase meth lab does not mean bomb. It may mean that to some because someone watched a tv series that a meth lab blew up. The materials used to make meth are flammable and have caused explosions and fires, however, it does not mean bomb. If he had said " I could have barbecued a turkey in the amount of time I was on hold" would this statement caused Disney Management to ban him for life? A bbq grill has matches, propane tanks, turkey grease and lighter fluid or even worse fried turkey has oil and propane and they have burned decks and houses down at Thanksgiving.

Some people look at the fact that he was not arrested or detained. This lack of arrest alone speaks volumes. If there was the slightest hint of evidence he would have been brought in for questioning. The disabled man was on the phone with a castmember. There was no direct confrontation. As others has stated, he was probably speaking to a castmember in a call center. The call center could be anywhere There was no direct threat made to the castmember nor the other est. If there was........why isn't he in jail? Some months ago, a person was assaulted in line at Test Track. There was video and a castmember witnessed it. No one was even asked to leave the park much less banned for life.

I believe Disney acted in a heavy handed manner. For people who have worked for Disney or had business dealings with them this manner is closer to reality than the magical image they market.

The thing with the Test Track incident is that if YOU don't push to have security called, and then the sheriff, Disney will not do it. And even when they do, they will try to avoid ejecting anyone from the park. It is clearly a different story when a Cast Member is the victim, but when it's a conflict between guests, they seem to opt to let everyone stay at the park so they can keep spending more money. They sadly seem to have a very high tolerance for bad behavior when it is between guests. Sadly, I know this from personal experience. I wish I could still be naive enough to think that Disney did the right thing to ban this guy and that they always have our best interests in mind.

I agree with you that the only thing we know is that this guy was not arrested or detained. Absent of any other facts and a statement from Disney saying what else this guy did wrong, it does look to me as well that Disney acted in a heavy handed manner. We'll probably never know all the facts though.

A meth lab is a bomb and for.all tjat was known at the time he had one. I is a bb and a.piosonous one, ask any police officer or expert in the field.

This fool has been in trouble with Disney Security in the past as his own words state. He is obviously unstable as anyone using the threat of a.meth lab would be.

It is very easy to sit back and deal with limited information after the fact and say Disney was wrong. It does not mean Disney was wrong since all the facts are not out

It does nottater if the CM was in a call center or at the desk, the danger and the threat was.real at the time.of the.call.
Disney acted in a.proper manner to protect thier guests . They are to be applauded.

I am happy Disney puts the safety of my.family and other guests ahead of the dangerous rants of a unstable.fool.

AKK

"This fool" will no longer pose a threat to you or your family, if he ever was a threat. But the many other people who become aggressive in the parks and threaten or actually use violence towards other guests, are still free to threaten and harm you and your family. If you think that a disabled person who made a joke, albeit an inappropriate one, is more dangerous than one who actually threatens another guest or hurts them, then Disney is indeed doing a very good job and a keeping you and your family safe as per your standards.

Disney may very well be right to have banned him, but keep in mind that they will avoid banning people at all costs, unless they do something REALLY horrible or unless it is done to a cast member, like it was in this case. If someone ever threatens your family personally, or injures them, and and sincerely hope that NEVER EVER happens to you, you will have to fight very hard to get them to do anything about it. Be prepared for the person to walk free.

Also, I'm not seeing a threat in what the guy allegedly said. He did not claim to say "I had time to finish building a meth lab in my room while I waited for you to get back at me." or "I'm going to build a meth lab in my room". He claimed said he COULD HAVE built one during the time. Bad choice of words for sure, but it hardly sounds like a threat.

It happened in the resort room..a very public venue....threats over the phone is the same as yelling fire in a theater. He's actually lucky the fire alarm was not sounded as a seruirity matter.

WOW.........the conversation with the castmember occurred while the man was in his room and the castmember was either in a call center or in a office elsewhere. The two were not face to face at any point. A manager,WDW Security and Orange County Sheriff personnel knocked on the guests hotel door. He opened the door,spoke to them and invited the sheriff to look in his room and they found nothing. Disney made this public by knocking on the family's door.

If a private hotel room is considered a public venue then Disney Security and Orange County need to get the Paddy wagons ready to arrest everyone is who walking around nude in public.

Yet if he had the meth lab or a bomb in his room and it went off.....the resort and the rooms would very quickly before a public mess all blown up.

As I say at the start the threat was in the phone call and it was not until later that it was known by police that there was no threat.

However any one that stupid to make the threat and had cause issues with security in the past as the fool stated, could be a threat in the future.

So Disney took the proper action and banned him to protect thier guests and my family and I applaud them.

There really is no way the talk around the threat or the possibily threat from the nut case in the future.

As pointed out it a dead issue, he's very properly banned and the case is closed.

AKK

WOW.........the conversation with the castmember occurred while the man was in his room and the castmember was either in a call center or in a office elsewhere. The two were not face to face at any point. A manager,WDW Security and Orange County Sheriff personnel knocked on the guests hotel door. He opened the door,spoke to them and invited the sheriff to look in his room and they found nothing. Disney made this public by knocking on the family's door.

If a private hotel room is considered a public venue then Disney Security and Orange County need to get the Paddy wagons ready to arrest everyone is who walking around nude in public.

Exactly. Disney chose to make it public but is not telling its side of the story. If there's more to it or there's proof that this was warranted, then why not just release the audio of the call or something like that? I also don't see how his hotel room is a public place but I don't see a threat either, so either I'm missing something, or some people are being very creative in their interpretation of what happened. The only thing you could try to assume from his comment is that maybe he could have drugs in the room since his comment contained a drug reference but you don't even need to have ever used drugs to make a comment like that. Was the comment disrespectful, yes. A threat? I just don't see it.

As for the issue being done and over it according to other posters, this is not something that cannot be changed. This person can still try to get Disney to change their mind and Disney might eventually do just that if nothing else happened to get him banned. If there's more to the story, an explanation would for sure be nice. I know, I know, many will think that Disney does not owe anyone anything, but a little transparency never hurt anyone, specially if they had valid reasons to ban this person. They could quickly make sure that no one will question their decision any longer by offering an explanation.

. Disney chose to make it public

Excuse me? Pretty sure the one who made this public is the guy who got banned. Telling his story to the press and on you tube. Trying to drum up sympathy ( and apparently it worked for you).

I'm still trying to figure out why you think Disney has to justify their actions to you or anyone else besides the parties directly involved.

The matter is closed.....he is banned unless Disney decides to permit him back.

I for.one consider anyone that rude and unstable to say and threaten the way he did to not be worth the chance.

Not to mention that by him going.public, not Disney, he is not.making any brown points with Disney.

AKK

Why does anyone think it is our right to know? It really is none of our business why Disney did what they did. I'm sure if any one of us had a family member who had a "problem" while at WDW, we wouldn't want it all over the news or the Disboards. Given what they man has willingly shared, it can't whatever he is leaving unsaid can't be good.

Excuse me? Pretty sure the one who made this public is the guy who got banned. Telling his story to the press and on you tube. Trying to drum up sympathy ( and apparently it worked for you).

I'm still trying to figure out why you think Disney has to justify their actions to you or anyone else besides the parties directly involved.

And I'm still trying to figure out where is that threat that some are mentioning, but so far no luck.

Since you asked, I think they should justify their actions because it doesn't look good in my and other people's eyes for a theme park to arbitrarily ban guests. You may not feel the same way and you have every right to feel however you wish to, but I feel that they should be transparent in these issues. I'm sure I'm not alone. You don't have to agree but since Disney being transparent would not harm you in any way, there's no reason to be upset or defensive over the fact that some want and expect this transparency. They really have nothing to lose by doing so which is why I think it should be done. As for sympathy, I don't know both sides of the story. All I know is that something doesn't seem to add up.

Last edited:
Sorry, but your desire to know all the details does not equal any necessity for Disney to disclose them. Simple as that. If this proceeds to a lawsuit by the guy who was banned, I have the feeling that HE is the one who will regret Disney releasing details in court. And it is for this very reason (possible legal action) that they are keeping mum. As they should.

Why does anyone think it is our right to know? It really is none of our business why Disney did what they did. I'm sure if any one of us had a family member who had a "problem" while at WDW, we wouldn't want it all over the news or the Disboards. Given what they man has willingly shared, it can't whatever he is leaving unsaid can't be good.

I saw your comment after I posted, so I just wanted to add that I don't expect them to publicize every ban and share the motive, but when you ban someone you should list the reason for the ban on the paper that says you are banned. And if the person makes it public, I don't see the harm in making the reason public too. If they are confident that they did the right thing, then why not? It would avoid speculation and
Sorry, but your desire to know all the details does not equal any necessity for Disney to disclose them. Simple as that. If this proceeds to a lawsuit by the guy who was banned, I have the feeling that HE is the one who will regret Disney releasing details in court. And it is for this very reason (possible legal action) that they are keeping mum. As they should.

No need to apologize, you don't have to agree with me, I'm not trying to convince anyone to think like me.

I do think you could have worded you reply a little better and simply said that you feel Disney should not say anything for legal reasons, I would have agreed with you on that. I'm always trying to be polite and respectful when sharing my opinion, it would be nice to have the same courtesy extended to me.

No need to apologize, you don't have to agree with me, I'm not trying to convince anyone to think like me.

I do think you could have worded you reply a little better and simply said that you feel Disney should not say anything for legal reasons, I would have agreed with you on that. I'm always trying to be polite and respectful when sharing my opinion, it would be nice to have the same courtesy extended to me.

I was responding to this part of one of your previous posts

some want and expect this transparency. They really have nothing to lose by doing so which is why I think it should be done.

I'm sorry that you did not care for the phrasing I used, but I stand behind it. You may want the information and this "transparency". But Disney has very good reasons for not giving you what you want, and no duty to do so.

- Disney DID NOT make this public!!
- No one would have ever known this had happened if the guest had not gone to social media and the news about it.
- A hotel room may not be public like a city park but it's Disney's property, not the guests, and theirs to protect as well as the other guests.
- Disney has full right to evict any person they wish.
- You are missing something - a factual based account of what happened and none of us know that.
- The only people being creative in their interpretation are those believing this man's story verbatim and enhancing it. WE don't know anything factual.
- More to the story? Of course there is and right now all we have is some guy's story of what happened and why. His side of the story means nothing because we have no idea if it is true.
- Disney owes no one any explanation and probably from a legal point of view can not talk about it.
- This is a legal issue between Disney and the guest, it's none of our business. Nothing about it affects future guests or operations and therefore is a non-issue.
- Everyone is jumping to conclusions based on an angry guests story. By his own admissions he's had numerous run ins with Disney ..... so this was probably the final issue in his file folder.

Most of all I don't understand why everyone is up in arms about this. Who cares if he was banned? Obviously for whatever reasons Disney has concluded they do not wish this man on their property. That is their right as a private business. Whether it is because this man is consistently causing trouble on his visits, because he threatened a CM, because there was concern about his behavior in his room or something else .............. they decided it had escalated to a point that they no longer wanted him on property. End of story.

Still stands.the man threatened by the comment of.biulding meth lab(whiCh is a.posenous bomb) in his room. I really don't care for.the.Symantics of his wording. By just suggesting that in today's age of terror he was threatening a public resort with hundreds of people and kids.

If.he is so unstable.as to say that he is not to be trusted. I am amazed anyone would feel comfortable.to trust their family with this guy still in WDW.

Glad he's gone.....AKK

AKK

So just make sure not to make dumb comments about meth labs in a hotel room if a csr might be listening. Got it.

This is so far over the top that it's amazing. I think that likely the guy had other issues with Disney and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

If Disney is going to ban people life for stupid comments then they are going to left with no customers. LOL. Disney and their employees are not infallible especially in legal matters that may reflect poorly on the company. Disney has aided employees (child molester) to escape from justice. Google Disney Dream Aug 2012. In fairness Disney did not repeat the action 2 years later.

If the guest made other threats on top of the statement "I could have built a meth lab" and Disney has evidence they should release it. The truth is never a liability unless it works against them.

There are always two sides of a conflict. I believe everyone here has acknowledged we have only heard his side of the story and not Disney' and our opinions may or may not change if we do. I am disappointed that the report of the Orange County Sheriff's Officer has not been released. These are public documents and that are usually requested by reporters and attorneys.

I believe the Castmembers acted poorly and emotionally in this matter. Is the future of Disney Customer Relations? You comment on how poorly you were treated and that gives the castmember the right to ban you for life because they don't like your tone? It is sad that Disney has a rubber stamp so readily available t ban but no efficient way to appeal or discuss such a ban in a reasonable manner.

Some people, including myself, don't believe the comment he has put forward is a reasonable reason to ban a guest for life. If that is the primary reason for the ban then, I believe an objectionable person from an Disney Management should look at the whole event and look at the situation to make sure Disney personnel acted in a manner that Disney wanted. Allowing the cast-member or supervisor to arbitrarily ban a persons for life gives perception of prosecute, judge and executioner all wrapped into one.

Issues to Lo ok at include........Was it reasonable to leave a customer on hold for that length of time? Was the castmembers attitude or comment to the guest consistent with their training. Issues regarding the guest's side of things include the man was medicated for his disability. Did the time of night and his medications have an effect on his statements? Was there other factors that could have impeded his abilities. There are plenty of disabilities which cause people to say the wrong thing. Maybe, a manager should have said, I understand your upset but these type of comments are taken seriously and give him an opportunity to rescind or apologize.

These factors are called CONTEXT. Perhaps, the Castmember took his statement out of context? What other evidence did the castmember and supervisors have to make such a decision? Has Disney been having a problem with drug dealers coming to the resort and paying a premium rate to make meth in hotel rooms? A Mousekeeping is in each hotel room cleaning every day (except DVC) . I am sure they would have noticed ammonia, acetone,battery acid, brake cleaner and antifreeze lying around. Plus, the toxic smell is overwhelming. Did they have reports of this?

I think banning a person for life is a huge decision for a company. It is a power that should yielded lightly and just. In the middle of the night, while kicking a person out doesn't sound objectionable or just. Many companies will give such notices like criminal trespass notices when a person is convicted of a crime that occurred on their premises.

Telling people the Case is Closed or Disney doesn't have to Justify themselves to anyone isn't reasonable. We have rights to question and Thank God we live in a country that allows this. We might not get the answers but we can question. Disney is owned by Shareholders and the management is accountable to the Shareholders. Police records are open to the public. Most importantly, as a customer, people may look at their actions and decide to vacation elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter