• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bar Crawls - I'm leading one, need some pointers!

daedelus

This will be my greatest performance!
Hi gang,

We're on the Wonder Trans-Pacific in October and I've volunteered to lead a couple of bar crawls while we're onboard. Anyone done that before or have any pointers?

My current thought is that since it's a long cruise (14 nights) that we'll do 1 bar per night week 1 and then repeat week 2. But totally open to advice or thoughts on that!

Thanks!

Well a traditional bar crawl is a pint at each one, all in one go. But since you have tons of time, I supposed you could do one per night.

Totally understand the traditional definition, I think this group is looking for more of a "one pint per night" type of crawl. And since we have 2 weeks, maybe we'll do the one-per-night the first week then a different mix the second week, or something like that.

So, it’s more the “bar hour of the day” kind of event. I think the main issue is that you don’t want to schedule it in a way that conflicts with an event in that bar, e.g a trivia contest etc. I would look at old navigators from previous cruises to get a feel to when things are scheduled etc.

Maybe also have a back up bar? If the bar of the day is not working out, and the group isn’t there, tell everyone to go the back up bar - maybe the adult pool bar as that is never an event place.

Yeah, I'm going to be working on a plan just like that. I'm going to have a "default schedule" that I'll deliver in FEs and that people can put in their card holder. Then I'll have a whiteboard on our stateroom door with any changes for that day. And yes, day 1 will be the "see what conflicts and change it" day before I deliver the cards to people. Easier that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter