• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Barbara Walters has passed

A legend and trailblazer. Much admired

She's been out of the public so long, I've wondered if she had a debilitating illness.

Just saw that and never realized that she became a recluse of sorts since around 2016.
Was her death due to old age? I thought she had dementia but I don't remember too much else.

I didn’t realize she was 93 either! She’s perpetually about 50 in my mind … I used to watch her on 20:20 when I was a kid. My Mom would fall asleep on the couch at night and I’d have free range of TV shows that were probably inappropriate for my age.
Same. I was probably 10 or 11 when I started watching 20/20 after TGIF.

My mother claimed she once met her. Supposedly Barbara Walter’s father owned a nightclub in NYC and sometime in the mid 1950s my parents were there the same time she was.

As much as one expects our great elders to pass when they get up at that age, when it happens it still stuns when they go.

Oprah did a special episode once, honoring Barbara. She brought out all the female newscasters, starting with Diane Sawyer, whose careers happened because Barbara raised that bar for all who have followed (and continue to do so.) There was about 30 famous news women up there surrounding Barbara.

ABC is doing a special tonight on Barbara at 8pm ET.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter