Bariatric Surgery and Prix-Fixe Meals

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said previously, I will go prepared for anything... and it isn't exactly PHI. It's just a card that simply states that the bearer has had weight loss surgery and is signed by the attending surgeon. You don't give it to anyone, you just show it. An example is here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/RestaurantCard.html

In any case, I thought about just getting a regular FP, but I hate to use up a Tier 1 FP for Fantasmic, and not TSMM or RRC. I will ask her what she would prefer and just go by that. It may make more sense to just take a chance and rope drop TSMM.
I had bariatric surgery and when I went to WDW I avoided buffets or All you can eat restaurants because I knew It would not be worth it to pay for those meals. And yes, I was told I would be charged as an adult and pay full price.

Denise

Best bet would be cancel the fantasmic package and just order off the menu.
If you rope drop TSMM, you will have no problem riding. With the 3rd track now operational, wait times are way less
especiallly if you ride first thing in the morning, there will be no wait if you go straight there at rope drop.
Then you can fastpass fantasmic. paying full price for a fantasmic pkg meal is a waste of money if you can't enjoy all the food.

I know you think that because the cm on the phone changed an age that would reflect the cost. It has nothing to do with charges. That takes place at the restaurant.

I would not go to dont fixed cost meals, buffets or aycte meals. That way you won't feel cheated. As others point out, they know that they pay adult prices for their ten year olds who nibble on the Mac and cheese.

When you go to a character meal or buffet or some kind of special event dinner, you pay by your age, not by what you can eat. It would make as much sense to let a bariatric surgery patient to not pay at all like an "infant" or pay a child's price as it would for them to charge someone who eats more than a plate of food double the price. You are paying for 1) the experience 2) to eat enough to fill you up. Whether that is a teaspoon or 10 pounds of food, you are charged the same price. Kids are charged less because that's how you get families with little kids in the door. Some 7-9 year olds I know are huge and eat way more than I do. It would be a nightmare for disney to police these places by how much someone is capable of eating so it is one price per age no exceptions. It is really the most simple AND most fair way to do it.

Hey all - I made Fantasmic dining reservations at Brown Derby, and explained to the CM I spoke with on the phone that my partner has had bariatric surgery, and I was wondering if I could put that as a special dietary need and avoid paying full adult price for dinner. She can't eat more than a tiny bit of food at a time, so I felt that paying full price would be wasteful. The CM changed my reservation so that instead of two adults, it lists an adult and an infant, and she noted on the reservation the reason for the change.

Do you guys think that will work or is there going to be a mess when I show up with a full-grown "infant"? LOL. Also, is she going to have to order off a kids' menu?

Also - she eats small portions but I don't want her to have to eat off the kids' menu the whole time. Does Disney offer any assistance for people in terms of allowing charges for half portions of things? If not, it's okay, but I wanted to know what to expect when we, for instance, go to Yachtsmans. Odds are we'll end up sharing anyway.

It won't work. Sounds as if you got one of the infamous phone CMs that have no clue how things really work. Best be prepared to pay the full adult price.

Just simple common sense should tell anyone that an adult is not going to be counted as an infant. Don't know why any CM would even say such a thing!

Next thing you know, everyone is going online, printing out one of those little cards, signing it and showing up to pay the infant price while eating a full plate! Yeah....not going to work.

This right here. As a full grown adult, I consistently eat kids size portions (at barely 5', my portions are half to 3/4 smaller than my husbands). My 9 yrnold eats more than I do. But I have to pay full adult prices even though I won't even eat HALF the portion given me.
I have an issue that someone who can't control their weight now gets special pricing and consideration. I don't use medical intervention to control my weight, why should I have to pay full price when not eating a full portion??

I am not at all sure that your comment was fair. The issue has nothing to do with weight. It circles around people, who for any number of reasons cannot consume a full meal at a fixed cost meal, receiving an accomodation in price. Leaping to any other topic is kind of offensive.

It's very offensive. I have no words to that comment. So before it. Turns ugly (by my own desire to comment inappropriately) I am shutting this down. Shame on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter