Bashed on FB for planning ahead...

Since this got moved to the SW boards. I will say that is one downfall I don't like about SW. They don't show the times that far in advance. If you ever want any info about SW please feel free to post here in our SW board. We are full of advice and have even started threads about planning for the christmas season. Sorry she was rude. Don't know why people feel the need to make stupid and rude comments.

We have annual passes and will be planning on a weekend at SW Spooktacular event.

I will let you know that according to past history it is only held on the weekend. They do not do anything during the week or on Halloween if it falls on a weekday.

We are planning a trip the week of Halloween to WDW and Sea World. I had posted a question on the Sea World Orlando FB page asking if there was anything special going on ON Halloween. Based on their 2012 Spooktacular dates, the parties are only on the weekends of Sept & Oct but nothing specific mentioned about actual Halloween. Someone commented on my post...

Seriously! It's not even May and you are making plans for Halloween? Hey, SeaWorld, is there anything special going on for New Year's Eve? I am just trying to plan ahead....LOL

She is from Orlando so obviously does not have the issues with PLANNING for a WDW vacation as the rest of us but her comment really honked me off!:sad2:

I actually saw that post and the person's comment. Some people think they're "Experts" on theme parks and laugh at other people when they ask a simple question. It's really a good idea to plan ahead for a visit to any theme park. Even when your trip is in October. So just ignore the person. There are some rude people out there.

To answer your question, the Spooktakular events take place on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October. Since Halloween itself is on a Thursday, there will be no events scheduled that day unfortunately.

freckles04 said:
Some people's mothers obviously never taught them: if you aren't going to say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Don't worry. My friends think I'm crazy for planning two Disney trips at once, and this far ahead (especially for the spring 2014 trip). They say, "if you go that close together, what will you find new to do at Disney?" Obviously, this from people who have never been to Disney or just didn't do Disney right. :rolleyes: they have no idea what they're missing!

I'm planning 3 right now! This Sept with BFF for F&W, April 2014 for DS's 21st bday, then Sept 2014 short solo trip after I send DS off to school - because I'm buying an AP for me for the Sept 2013 and April 2014 trips, so figure I may as well get one more use out of it. And because I'll need an escape after sending him off....he has Down Syndrome and this is a one-year job and life skills program designed to give the experience of a year away at college. It will be so strange to have an empty house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter