Bashed on FB for planning ahead...

Some people's mothers obviously never taught them: if you aren't going to say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Don't worry. My friends think I'm crazy for planning two Disney trips at once, and this far ahead (especially for the spring 2014 trip). They say, "if you go that close together, what will you find new to do at Disney?" Obviously, this from people who have never been to Disney or just didn't do Disney right. :rolleyes: they have no idea what they're missing!

What would this person think of me?!? I was planning our upcoming December trip while at WDW this past July! It was the best way to get the hubby to commit while he was already covered in pixie dust :)

Some people don't understand planning.

Some people live close to the parks and just go on a whim.

Some people prefer to fly by the seat of their pants.

Some people don't understand that when you travel from half way across the continent, you want to make your plans ahead of time.

Some people are just, well. . .

ForrestGump2.jpg

Stoopid is as stooped does.

And some people are just in a picture posting mood tonight.

Our trip isn't until November and I've pretty much already planned everything and I could have said that two months ago too! I agree let the haters hate and ignore them!

Just let it roll off your shoulder. I plan just like you. She will be the one that grumbles because the park was too busy and she couldn't do everything she wanted. Have a fun trip.

Can't stand rude posts & can't fathom why they do it! I have posted about 20 threads (100 replies). Now some of my threads received about 50 replies each, all supportive offering feedback etc. I had ONE horrible mean comment, almost on the same level as yours. Made me sad! BUT, had some wonderful DISers stand up for me & that made me feel great! FB is a whole other world, where even your friends can be rude at times! Chin up... Just find have fun planning!!!!!! :)

I say tell us how to get into that FB group and we can ALL go on there and help you plan....put her in her place. Show her how MOST of us plan ahead.

Reminds me of the people I saw while waiting for my son at Liberty Tree Tavern for our ADR last week. They were all hot, tired, and cranky and thought: a. that Liberty Tree was a quick service; or b. that you could just walk in and be sat down for lunch (at that point there was a 45 min. wait). In this day and age of all the information available on the internet, it still amazes me that some people are ignorant. :confused3

There is nothing wrong with researching ahead so you know what you want and if you will be able to do it. I think some people do this. I have been to unknown cities and I always enjoy going through a guidebook and message boards so I can enjoy my visit. That way you know what to expect. I speak as a woman who has several Rick Steves and Frommer's guide books in my possession.

:mic:Ignore the rude person. With the internet as with life, someone has to be a party pooper.

I live in Florida and would be happy to help you plan even if it's 3 years from now :)

In case you didn't find out yet, historically, SeaWorld only celebrates Halloween on the weekends. The only special show they do is a Sesame Street show. Sometimes they do perform some of their summer shows. The trick or treating and Halloween activities start by 11 or 12 and go the rest of the day. Last year they had several kids activities that cost a little extra. Some midway games, candy apple decorating, and some other artsy stuff but nothing was really more than $5. Those things have all changed every year. Those activities are the only extra cost over the regular admission. Trick or treating and dance parties are all included.

Happy planning!!!

What I don't understand is why someone would be on a Facebook page about Seaworld, if they didn't want to ask and/or answer questions?

It also amazes me when people are surprised that other people are making plans. My Mom's one of those people. She has very little attention to detail. We're planning a beach vacation in June and I think having everything booked and paid for already is really freaking her out.

Our next trip to Orlando will probably be in December 2014 or January 2015. How's that for planning "too early?"

They do it because they are sad pathetic people that have nothing better to do than hide behind their computers and try to make people they don't know as miserable as they are.

I hope you we finally able to get your question answered.

Agreed. Maybe you could try calling guest services at Sea World. Good luck and I hope you get the answers you're looking for!

ignore her, looks like she's a few sandwiches short of a picnic anyway..

Sheesh, I know people who took a year to plan their wedding. Now, I don't know what kind of wedding they had, but when I'm planning an Orlando vacation, I can assure you it lasts longer than my wedding, will involve more food, and a larger assortment of activities.;)

OP you are in good company with folks who like to plan.

Moving this over to the Seaworld board where peeps will offer lots of helpful advice :)

I have never seen a general public Facebook page that didn't have rude comments on it.

There's always going to be people out there with nothing better to do with their time than be rude to others.
There are also always going to be people who don't understand advanced planning.
Don't let them worry you.

While you're enjoying your well-planned trip, they are usually the ones moaning and groaning that tickets and restaurants are booked out, last-minute prices are too high, and there are events on that they didn't know about.

Let that poster continue to wallow in her negativity, and you continue to enjoy your planning.
I hope you get an answer to your question.

Sooooooooo true!

Since your other thread was moved to this board, I'm going to merge both threads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter