Basic Coast to Coast / Castle to Chateau question

stal

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I am already registered to do the Tinkerbell half in May and if I can, I plan to do the Dark side half in April.

In addition to this I am also planning on the DLP half in September.

What I would like to know is if I need to do anything to make sure i am enrolled for these challenges or is it all automatic?

I always thought this was automatic, but the reason I ask is that on this page http://run.disneylandparis.com/event/challenges it says

'To receive the "10K + Half Marathon Challenge" Finisher Medal, you must register for the Challenge. Registering for the 10K and Half Marathon individually will not make you eligible to receive the "10K + Half Marathon Challenge" Finisher Medal.
Both the 10K and the Half Marathon as part of "10K + Half Marathon Challenge" must be completed within the required pacing set in the official races rules.'

What do i need to look out for when registering for my 2nd race for the C2C challenge and the C2Chateau?

Thanks!

That language is just for each individual race challenge. For instance, if you signed up separately for the 10K and Half at Princess, that would NOT qualify you for the Glass Slipper Challenge medal, even though those two races are the challenge. You have to sign up specifically for GSC.

For coast to coast and castle to chateau, you don't do anything special. Disney knows if you've participated in a previous Half, so when you go to pick up your bib at the expo of the second race in the series, you'll also get a wristband for the corresponding C to C challenge. Upon completion of the second Half, you'll visit a tent past the finish line where they verify your identity and finish for both races, and give you your C to C medal.

I want to add that you must finish the race on each element of the challenge, be it coast to coast, castle to chateau, or a single race weekend challenge to receive the challenge medal. Meaning if you are swept and they still give you the individual race medal, you will not receive the challenge medal.

In the case of this year's WDW 1/2, which was cancelled due to lightning storms, runDisney did announce that registered 1/2 runners also retained eligibility for Goofy/Dopey and/or Coast to Coast, Castle to Chateau.

Last year for Castle to Chateau we had to submit our first race certificate (for me Tinkerbell) to the Paris RunDisney site. I would take printed copies of everything you also submit electronically (i.e. Medical certificate, proof of time, C2C proof etc). The computers went down during the expo and my printed copies got me through the hellish lines when other people had to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter