Basketball on new ships

Elsa75

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! Hoping for some info on the indoor sports area on the new ships. Basketball is a make or break activity for my son on the ship and it feels like it is getting slowly phased out in terms of hours etc. Has anyone paid attention to this on the wish and treasure? Do they still have plenty of free play hours, or is it more scheduled for the smaller kids? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

FYI, the Treasure isn't sailing yet, so no one will be able to comment specifically on that experience. But, we can make a fair assumption that it will be similar to the Wish, so if anyone has experience there it might still be helpful.

On the Wish in May I recall the sport courts being used for the obstacle course with inflatables part of the time. It was open for basketball the other times but it wasn't 24/7. The benefit we saw is that it is indoors so you didn't have to contend with the winds on deck.

Here are the hours for the Hero Zone and activities scheduled.
Some gaps in time are explainable for set-up and clean-up of scheduled activities. Perhaps other time blocks are utilized by the various childrens’ clubs. Muster Drill on Boarding Day.

These are from Personal Navigators Fall 2023

Wish 3-night

Boarding Day
HZ noon - 3, 4:45 - 10:15

Nassau
HZ 9:30 - 3, 6- 1015

Incredicourse 9:30 - 2:45

Castaway Cay

HZ 9a - 9:44 pm

3 pt contest 3:30 - 4p

Wish 4-night

Boarding Day

HZ noon - 3, 4:45 - 10:15

Nassau

Hero Zone 9:30 - 2:45, 5:15 - 9:30

Incredicourse 9:30 - 2:45

Adults villains bash 10:30p - 11:30

Castaway Cay

HZ 9a -1015p

3 pt contest 315 - 345

Sea

8-11, 11:30 -12:15, 9 - 10:15

Basketball free throw 10-10:30

JJ Diaper Dash 11:40-12:15

3 pt contest 1-1:30

Chip it golf 3-3:45

Silent dance party 7:30-8:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter