Bathing suit help

disneydreamerinny

Elliot’s MiMi
My May WDW trip is fast approaching. Along with walking on the treadmill, and doing weights, I am far from where I want to be weight wise.

I have come to the point where I have to start looking for a bathing suit. I havent bought one in years.
Does anyone know where to get a good one that would possibly look somewhat slimming on a size 14-16?

I was thinking about getting some of those surf shorts to wear over it as well. That would help my self esteem some.

I know black is slimming, but I would like some color. And I know that stripes going across are no good.
Anything else?
What about the back? What kind of back should it have?

Any good stores to get one? Any experiences?

Help:eek: :(

I think it was Sears that had bathingsuits with tags. The tags listed the problem needing corrected. For instance - slimming the waist, making legs look longer, making bust look smaller & of course my favorite making bust look larger.

I checked out my old size 14 suit. (I still haven't thrown it away.) It was colorful in the middle but black on the sides & back. Last October I bought a solid black suit at Walmart. Our Walmart had all kinds of shorts/separates/suits that went together. Remember to have fun trying them on and make sure you buy one that is comfortable.

I'm so excited for you. Have fun. Make sure you buy a suit that is comfortable. Congrats on working out and doing weights. They work. I got motivated to lose after seeing an AK photo of me in a group pic taken in Feb of last year. I felt smaller than I looked at size 18. By November of year I made it to size 8. You can do it too!

Last year, our Sears had suits with tags denoting the problem area the suit solved. For instance slimming the hips, making legs look longer, making the bust look smaller, and my personal favorite, making the bust look larger. Also our Walmart had tons of suits/wraparounds/shorts that all went together. I checked out my size 14 suit. It was colorful in the center & solid black on the sides & back. Right now, I have a solid black suit. Old habits die hard I guess. The last time I bought a suit without black was about 7 years ago! I guess I need to get some color in my life! Enjoy your shopping trips!

Thanks for your reply. I will go there and check it out. I really hope I find something. If I dont feel comfortable than I wont enjoy myself.

I am looking forward to checking out the suits. I wonder how they run?
I wear a size 14 dress clothes but size 12 in jeans.

I hope I can do as good as you. I have done it before. I was a size a 8, 6 years ago. I know I can do it. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

If you can't find what you want at Sears, JC Penny's has the same type of suits. That's where I usually get mine.

Is there a Gart Sports near you? They have suits by Speedo's that are attractive and functional. I've gone from a size 8 to a size 14 and I've been lucky enough to find suits there no matter what size I'm in. lol!

Try LandsEnd. Their swimsuits are also categorized by "figure type". They also have "Long Torso" sizes. Ask them to send you a catalog - I just got one in the mail yesterday that has lots of swimsuit choices. I like to "study" the catalog rather than just look at online options, but here's the link:

www.landsend.com

You can get an idea of what they offer. There's a link on the right hand side that will take you directly to their swimsuit section. FWIW, this is a reputable company and I have ordered from them (both via phone and internet) several times. Good Service, IMHO.

Good Luck! Have a wonderful trip!

I too will recommend Landsend. In that new catalog they had tankinis
up to size 18 in some styles. Plus many other flattering styles.

You can send them back if you don't like the fit, they are a great company to
deal with.

Don't think they have one that will help all my trouble spots :D ;) :) ROTFL!!
I am also a 14-16, however I am dieting and exercising daily to try to get in
better shape. I also haven't worn one in years but need one for our upcoming
cruise w/the grands this Dec and am not going to be vain enough where I won't
get in the pool and enjoy myself with them! I checked out Sears and Pennies
and found them very expensive...$60-80. I checked Walmart and to my surprise
found their selection to be of descent quality w/flattering cuts for only $32.
Tried on several and the black ones w/the shirt thing did nothing but make
my hips look bigger! The one I felt the most comfortable with was a flowered
one w/some black, so I purchased it while I still had the nerve ;) Ladies, I wish
you all luck, the important thing is we enjoy ourselves in spite of a few pounds :)

The trick to Lands End is checking out their overstocks page on a regular basis - I always get a great deal off season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter