• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

battery life question

isyne4u

<font color=blue>Next time I get a craving for cak
I have a kodak easy share camera (DX something or other) anyway, when it is left open/on after a while it will shut itself down. To ready it again you just push the button. So my question is...does it use more of the battery to let it go off on its own or does it use more power with me turning it on and off so often and having the lens pop in and out? Does this make any sense to anyone?? (I'm not technical at all!!)

tara

It probably takes as much or more power to light up the lcd on the back of the camera as opening and closing the lense. So I would recommend turning it off to save on battery. Also I know some of the Kodaks give you the option of turning off the lcd, this will really save you battery power. Flash photos also use alot of power. Most camera batteries when fully charged are good for hundreds of photos though even with the flash. Your manual should give you some idea of this. So if you are worried about getting through a whole day at WDW, you should be fine as long as you charge it every night when you get back to your room. Assuming your battery is in good shape.

ndelaware...thanks. The camera is only 7 months old and the battery is the same age. I never thought about turning the lcd off. I do that when there is too much glare and I can't see it. I'll have to keep that in mind so that I will spare the battery. I am worried about WDW...I tend to take so many pictures (and then go back and delete the ones I don't want) that I worry I might kill the battery in short order! i"m definately taking my charger with me so I can charge it at night in the room.

thanks!!
tara

My mother and I both have Kodak easyshare CX7530s. One of the things I love about it is that it will take any AA size batteries. My mother didn't realize this since the battery it comes with is two AA connected. Just figured I would mention it as we have purchased slightly :rotfl: overpriced batteries at WDW on more than one vacation.

jorodopo said:
My mother and I both have Kodak easyshare CX7530s. One of the things I love about it is that it will take any AA size batteries. My mother didn't realize this since the battery it comes with is two AA connected. Just figured I would mention it as we have purchased slightly :rotfl: overpriced batteries at WDW on more than one vacation.

My battery, that came with my EasyShare package, is always running down!! And I keep my camera on the charger/printer dock!!! I just bought a Panasonic charger/battery package today. Hopefully this will allow me to travel a bit lighter and the batteries will last longer.

I just got a new camera and did buy this charger also........

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html#chargers

It is great, the digital info and selection really is good. I purchased new batteries also http://www.thomas-distributing.com/energizer-aa-nimh-rechargeable-batteries.htm , the charger detected a bad one, called the company up, they sent me a new one right away. If I had been using a 'regular' charger, would not have known about the defective one. Here is a link to where I purchased, great company.......

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/index.htm

jorodopo said:

:rotfl: Actually, this camera takes some kind of funky flat battery. My old Easy Share had the double batteries together and the first time I changed them out for plain AA batteries I was positive that my camera would explode in my hands!! It was actually a guy working at Wally World who told me not to spend the money on the expensive two pack!! It worked!

goofy4ink said:
My battery, that came with my EasyShare package, is always running down!! And I keep my camera on the charger/printer dock!!! I just bought a Panasonic charger/battery package today. Hopefully this will allow me to travel a bit lighter and the batteries will last longer.

I don't have the dock. I was too cheap to buy it. No one could tell me how much each print would end up costing, so I order my prints online from Sam's club.

Dan Murphy said:
I just got a new camera and did buy this charger also........

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh...s.html#chargers

It is great, the digital info and selection really is good. I purchased new batteries also http://www.thomas-distributing.com/...e-batteries.htm , the charger detected a bad one, called the company up, they sent me a new one right away. If I had been using a 'regular' charger, would not have known about the defective one. Here is a link to where I purchased, great company.......

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/index.htm

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. I really should buy a second battery to have on hand just in case the one i'm using dies on me!!

Thanks for responding!
tara

isyne4u said:
I don't have the dock. I was too cheap to buy it. No one could tell me how much each print would end up costing, so I order my prints online from Sam's club.

Not that you care, but Kodak sells a dock that isn't also a printer. It is just for connecting to the computer and charging the batteries. My sister has the printer, we figured it was about 33 cents a print. Alot depends on where you buy the paper/ink kit. We got hers at Costco, ink and paper for 90 prints for about $32 I believe. The prints are excellent and you don't have to drive to get them. And it is really neat to see the printer work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter