Bay Lake Tower One Bedroom

Kevin Welge

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! New poster here. I'm staying at Bay Lake Tower for the first time in June in a one bedroom villa and am looking for people's thoughts on the resort. This resort has been at the top of my list since it opened, so I'm extremely excited.

Hey everyone! New poster here. I'm staying at Bay Lake Tower for the first time in June in a one bedroom villa and am looking for people's thoughts on the resort. This resort has been at the top of my list since it opened, so I'm extremely excited.
My husband and I stayed 1 night in a 1 bedroom for our 10 year anniversary. We had a theme park view. I love the resort. It feels so magical being close to the magic kingdom. Husband wasn't big fan of decor or resort. It isn't my favorite DVC but it's definately on my list to stay there again. The 1 bedroom was very spacious and having 2 bathrooms was a plus. We spent a lot of time in the contemporary lobby admiring the art of Mary Blair and watching families. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

My husband and I stayed 1 night in a 1 bedroom for our 10 year anniversary. We had a theme park view. I love the resort. It feels so magical being close to the magic kingdom. Husband wasn't big fan of decor or resort. It isn't my favorite DVC but it's definately on my list to stay there again. The 1 bedroom was very spacious and having 2 bathrooms was a plus. We spent a lot of time in the contemporary lobby admiring the art of Mary Blair and watching families. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much! I've heard similar things about it not being people's favorite DVC, but I'm still excited to stay there. The walk to MK is such a big part of that too.

The walk to MK is a game changer! It makes walking out with the masses at the end of the night a breeze.

It’s a mixed bag for many people on the theaming. I really like it a lot though. BLT is currently my favorite DVC. If I had to knock it down for one thing it would be the pool. The setting in Bay lake is nice but otherwise it’s nothing special. Not sure if you are early risers but it’s very fun to sit in the living room and watch out the large windows as WDW “wakes up” for the day.

I stayed there the first night they opened for a ten night trip. I loved the one bedroom as compared to other DVC resorts. I was in a room on the outer curve of the building which made the room slightly larger. I liked that you could access the balcony from both the bedroom and the living room. The location is great, especially for MK, but also for catching buses to other resorts. I like the theme fine, as CR has always been one of my favorite resorts.

We just stayed in a 1 bedroom theme park view at the end of January for 4 nights and we loved it! We were on the 12th floor. We had a great view! We would definitely stay there again!

Recently stayed there (December). 100% true on the walk to MK. That said, the walk to the Contemporary was just as far for food (from our room). But if you're doing in-room meals, you're set! The theme is nowhere near, say, Wilderness Lodge. Also, be prepared for packed lobbies on the nights that DVC members can go up and watch the fireworks.

Stayed in a first floor 1 bedroom in January 2018 and loved it. The proximity to MK cannot be beat. Monorail to Epcot. The rooms are great. The TV in the main room is huge. Didn't get a chance at the pool because it was too cold.

I think you will enjoy it. We love it and especially enjoy being able to watch the fireworks from our balcony.....just awesome! The extra full bathroom is a terrific bonus. Have a great time!

Recently stayed there (December). 100% true on the walk to MK. That said, the walk to the Contemporary was just as far for food (from our room). But if you're doing in-room meals, you're set! The theme is nowhere near, say, Wilderness Lodge. Also, be prepared for packed lobbies on the nights that DVC members can go up and watch the fireworks.
Don't know where your room was, but our room to elevator to bridge to Contemporary 4th floor lobby took about 3 minutes; walk to MK is 10-15 plus going through Security on the path. Also, we're DVC and have never found the lobby to be crowded and never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes to check in and catch the elevator to Top of the World.

We stayed till midnight on a party night and then just walked on "home" loving life while everyone else was in line for bus/monorail. I can't imagine staying anywhere else, maybe split stays in the future but I love walking to MK.

This is one of my favorite rooms on property. We’ve stayed in the one-bedroom lake view and theme park view. Being able to watch the fireworks from our balcony was awesome. One downside for me is the stupid boat horns being really loud in the morning and always wake me up, but I’m a light sleeper.

You’re going to love walking to Magic Kingdom and Epcot is an easy monorail ride away. Take the bridge over to the monorail, I think it’s on the 5th floor? Have a great trip!

Owner at BLT since 2013 there are so many things I love about my home resort! Proximity to the MK, on the monorail loop for Poly, GF and Epcot, proximity to the dining and shopping options at the Contemporary, and water taxis to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, the Top of the World Lounge and Observation Deck. Active Community Hall with Peter Pan characters popping up, now and then as well as movies under the stars and making s'mores over the fire. Others have mentioned the theming but, it being just DW and I, we are OK with the contemporary approach to the theming (see what I did there). We usually stay in the Studios (although in a 1 BR for our next trip, in Jan 2020) and like the way they are set up with the HUGE dresser/bureau/entertainment stand, so we can unpack and enjoy.

BLT is a favorite of ours also. What's not to love about the monorail gliding through the Contemporary and being next door to MK! I love the theming and the Mary Blair art. We always get a lake view room. Beautiful, peaceful view by day and we love watching the Electrical Water Pageant at night. Having the second bathroom is great for getting ready in the morning. We enjoy the Contempo Cafe, The Wave for breakfast, Chef Mickey's breakfast when the littles are along and our very favorite - California Grill! Other resort dining choices are just a monorail or boat ride away. Have a great time and enjoy your stay!

What I didn't care for at BLT lake view one bedroom was the daily parties by the pool. We were close to the center of the C, so we got the noise bouncing off the outside of the building. It made it difficult to sit on the balcony. The water parade at night was also loud.

We love BLT! We have several DVC home resorts and BLT is a first or second choice almost every trip. Enjoy your trip and please post your impressions when you can:earsboy:

I have had a TPV , outer C and inner C either 1 or 2 bedrooms. I like the outer c for the views of MK or 7seas lagoon but the inner side is pretty too.

I love the talking elevator and curved hallways, so fun!

The elevator area has seating with huge windows so you have a lovely view at all floors.

It's one of the few rooms that all 4 of us like. It's got Disney and modern touches.

The booth table is a nice place to plop when walking in too.

You do get to use the pool at blt or walk over to CR.

Also I liked the hot tub at blt and watched illuminations from it once.

We liked grabbing food at the contempo cafe and then ate in the room. At night get our cupcakes and watch HEA too! So convenient!

One more thing. There is a difference in the villas on the inner side of the C and the outerside of the C. Inner side has no stools at the kitchen island, but a larger laundry room (not just a laundry closet). Outer side has stools at the kitchen island and just a laundry closet.

We own at BLT. It’s a great resort. I don’t care for the decor, but the walk to MK makes it worthwhile. I also love the extra bathroom in the 1 and 2 bedroom units.

We’ve stayed in a GV there too! They are fabulous!

Stayed in a first floor 1 bedroom in January 2018 and loved it. The proximity to MK cannot be beat. Monorail to Epcot. The rooms are great. The TV in the main room is huge. Didn't get a chance at the pool because it was too cold.
We stayed in a 1BR first floor in December 2018 and really liked it too. The rooms were so spacious. There were only two of us, so it almost felt like too much space, but then we moved to a Studio at BLT and I was really missing the space from the 1BR!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter