Bay Lake Tower Standard Studio

VH103428

Team Harris
We have stayed at BLT twice in the last couple years and have truly had amazing luck with the “Lake View” studios. This time I was able to book a “Standard” view. Will I be disappointed that I didn’t use a couple extra points a night to book the upgrade? Has anyone stayed on the first floor at BLT? What was the experience like? Thank you for your responses!

We have stayed at BLT twice in the last couple years and have truly had amazing luck with the “Lake View” studios. This time I was able to book a “Standard” view. Will I be disappointed that I didn’t use a couple extra points a night to book the upgrade? Has anyone stayed on the first floor at BLT? What was the experience like? Thank you for your responses!
We stay in Std View Studios all the time. We always request the 5th floor as then we can just walk over the skybridge.

Summer 2023, we traveled with family and booked 2 std view studios and a 2BR std view room. All three were 3rd floor fireworks views.

I will say one time, we received a std view studio above the worker area toward the tennis courts. They definitely needed to clean the area there as it was filthy. We were only there a few nights and avoided the balcony that trip.

We have also received a first floor std view studio on the side by the marina. That was so convenient for the transportation and going to/from CR.

Our personal preference is std view over theme park view because we have received the lower floor theme park view rooms. In fact, first time we stayed at BLT theme park view, they assigned us a room that is now classified as standard view. Thankfully, Disney reclassified several rooms from theme park to standard view around 2011-2012.

We stayed on the first floor facing the contemporary pool. It was nice that we can walk out of our patio to the kid’s splash pad. And the laundry room is on the first floor too. The room did feel really cramped and dated. I requested higher floor but did not get it. Hopefully the refurbishment would make it better.

Doubt the refurb will do anything about the cramped. That has always been an issue with BLT studios the moment you have to have the sofa pulled out. I suppose if they install the Murphy you can try to fold it back daily, but the layout of the kitchenette and main space is small and always will be.

It’s possible the refurb could help with the cramped feeling in the room. It is almost the smallest studio on all of DVC (looks like it’s still bigger than AKV value studio), however the little kitchenette area really pushes into the sleeping area. If they re-did that and gave that space to the bedroom area it would feel a lot bigger I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter