Bay Lake Tower Studios

Since you have stayed in one of the rooms that never had the bathroom remodeled, perhaps you should write DVC Member Satisfaction (dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com) and ask them why 8209 still has the bathroom sink in the kitchen.
@DenLo, I haven’t stayed in other than a modified. We just happen to be at BLT now and I thought I’d ask downstairs. I’d be interested in the reply as well.

Since you have stayed in one of the rooms that never had the bathroom remodeled, perhaps you should write DVC Member Satisfaction (dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com) and ask them why 8209 still has the bathroom sink in the kitchen.
Good idea!

@DenLo, I haven’t stayed in other than a modified. We just happen to be at BLT now and I thought I’d ask downstairs. I’d be interested in the reply as well.

Sorry about that I thought I was reply to one of the two people that have stayed in studios with the unmodified kitchen and bathroom.

It still would be nice if those that have stayed in one of these rooms send a question via DVC Member Satisfaction as to why those studios and bathrooms where never modified.

I'll send them a letter, since I was the one who stayed in 8209.

I asked them if they could tell me which rooms have the old configuration, since my wife liked the more usable counter space. The reply came back today that they don't have a list of which ones still retain the old layout. So, we'll just have to wait for someone else to report that other rooms still have no sink in the bathroom.

I was watching some room tour videos of the studios and noticed that the bathrooms have different sink layouts. Was wondering why and found this thread. In a video from 2022 from Hear with the Ears they are in room 8223 and it has no sink in the bathroom- just the large counter and sink in the kitchenette.
Studio tour
Edited to add: just realized this same studio tour and sink issue is discussed in this other thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ts-bathroom-sink-in-the-kitchen-area.3909006/

Last edited:
I asked them if they could tell me which rooms have the old configuration, since my wife liked the more usable counter space. The reply came back today that they don't have a list of which ones still retain the old layout. So, we'll just have to wait for someone else to report that other rooms still have no sink in the bathroom.

I was watching some room tour videos of the studios and noticed that the bathrooms have different sink layouts. Was wondering why and found this thread. In a video from 2022 from Hear with the Ears they are in room 8223 and it has no sink in the bathroom- just the large counter and sink in the kitchenette.
Studio tour
Edited to add: just realized this same studio tour and sink issue is discussed in this other thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...ts-bathroom-sink-in-the-kitchen-area.3909006/
I'm reasonably certain that the different layout is the handicap-accessible layout. There aren't just random studios that weren't updated.

I'm reasonably certain that the different layout is the handicap-accessible layout. There aren't just random studios that weren't updated.
That has been my assumption as well. HA rooms were left with the original design of the bathroom sink in the kitchenette for some reason. I wouldn't have thought there was anything blocking the ability to allow a roll under sink in the bathroom but perhaps there was. Although I look at the video and it isn't designed that way in the room on the video although I also don't think that's a fully accessible HA room, instead is partial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter