BB Help

The VWL Five

Disney Nut
We have never been to BB and want to try it on our trip next week. Any tips? Times/days to go or not go, where to head first or where to stake our claim on some chairs etc? We have 3 little ones, 3,4,5 yro.

Any help is appreciated.

Get there when they open because they often close to admission when full. I would get chairs by the kiddie area as you have some little ones with you. You can walk to all the other rides easily, but you'll be able to watch the kids easier if your sitting in that area.

You will love BB! Avoid the weekends, very crowded. If you can't get there at opening, wait till early afternoon when the crowds thin out a little. We get there anytime, and just throw our stuff anywhere and we're happy. We never sit anyway, too much fun to be had!
Sunscreen!!! Lots of it too. Water shoes for everybody, the tar gets hot. Then go for it. The wave pool is lots of fun for awhile and to get wet at first. Then, you MUST go right for the family raft ride, Teamboat Springs. You can either take the ski lift up if you don't want the kids to walk up those stairs, or you can try the stairs. You will LAUGH your head off the whole way down, tremendous fun.
Have a blast!!!!!!!

I second the swim shoes suggestion. Lots of hot pavement!

Don't know if its "the thing to do", but we got there at opening, took the ski lift up, and did the more exciting rides first.

The view from the top of the mountain is pretty impressive. You're way above anything else in the area.

Hi!

I highly recommend a visit to the waterparks, they are among my favorite places to spend a day at WDW.

Blizzard Beach is a lot of fun, but one thing you should be aware of is that there is a lot less shade there than at TL. (Sunscreen is a must! :) )

Definitely get there early! (Or much later in the afternoon, when the crowds have died down.) The first thing I always do, because I travel solo, is secure a shady spot to put my things. Then I go and get a locker, a mug for beverages, that sort of thing. But getting a good spot in the shade is my priority because there is so little of it.

My favorite spot may well work for you because it's very close to Tike's Peak (the play spot for young children), the bathrooms, places to eat and drink, Cross Country Creek, and the chairlift.

When you enter (and try to be up at the front of the line if it's first thing. They usually start letting people in about ten or fifteen minutes early, and hold them at the bridges until official opening.), hustle down the walkway towards Lottawatta Lodge and hang a right in the direction of the Towel and Locker booth. Just to the left of the towel and lockers place is a bridge. The bridge in the early morning is closed until official opening. A drink stand called the Cooling Hut is right there as well. Wait right there until they let everyone in, and then cross the bridge. The chairlift will be dead ahead. You'll want to bear right and go past Avalunch (and there's a Sno-Cones place there too). Head past the bridge leading to Tike's Peak and up ahead you'll see a big building containing the restroom facilities. Off to your right you'll see a nice wooden platform, surrounded by shady trees. It overlooks Cross Country Creek. There are chairs and loungers. That's usually where I stake my claim because, as I said, everything is nearby: bathrooms, food & drink, the chairlift, the creek, and, most important for you (probably), Tikes Peak.

There are maps of Blizzard Beach on line (not sure where, but I've seen them) and you can take a look at the layout if you like. I hope you have a great time at BB.

I'm just a freak for the waterparks...

I would not recommend Tevas and I'm not sure if they're even allowed. I think there is a risk of them getting caught on things. But I do know that water shoes are allowed and I highly recommend them.
Anyone else wear Teva type sandals on the slides and were fine?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter