• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB for Boys

becks59

Mouseketeer
my boys will be 7 and 4 for our trip in June. We were watching some YouTube videos about the boutique. They both want to become knights/princes. I looked up prices and don’t really want to spend $80 for them to get the costume. So, we want to do the $20 package that does their hair and gets them a shield and sword. I was thinking of bringing prince costumes from home. Will they let you do that? If so, should they wear the costume to the park or could we change into it at the boutique? Anything else I should know about doing BBB for boys?

They will let you do that! We brought our own dress, and they let my daughter use the changing room in the boutique. There's a little bit of a wait to use the dressing rooms, but it's not excessive. If you want to go in right away, though, you could have them arrive in the costumes.

Just an FYI: I bought an absolutely adorable prince outfit at BBB last week for my grandson. It's very classy and good quality, with velvet, satin, and gold embossing on it. The cost was $65 but I got a 20% AP discount so it was $50. Seemed like a bargain compared to the girls' dresses! I'll try and post some pictures.

I do like that costume, but I’m thinking I would rather put that money towards a character breakfast instead. I found some good costumes on amazon for much cheaper, so I think that’s what we will do. I saw your video and so did my boys and that’s what got them so excited!

my boys will be 7 and 4 for our trip in June. We were watching some YouTube videos about the boutique. They both want to become knights/princes. I looked up prices and don’t really want to spend $80 for them to get the costume. So, we want to do the $20 package that does their hair and gets them a shield and sword. I was thinking of bringing prince costumes from home. Will they let you do that? If so, should they wear the costume to the park or could we change into it at the boutique? Anything else I should know about doing BBB for boys?
It is only 20 dollars a boy (Unless the price went up) WE did it with our 3 boys

@DizMe I know this is well after the fact, but do you (or others who have been more recently) recall what sizes the prince costumes went up to? One of my sons would love doing this one last time before he ages out, and doing it with his little sister. But he would need a size 11/12 (and I'd rather buy a 13 so it fits longer).
The photo looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

@DizMe I know this is well after the fact, but do you (or others who have been more recently) recall what sizes the prince costumes went up to? One of my sons would love doing this one last time before he ages out, and doing it with his little sister. But he would need a size 11/12 (and I'd rather buy a 13 so it fits longer).
The photo looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Oh gosh, I don't really remember! I think they came in XS, S, M, L, and maybe XL. I bought the XS. My grandson is now 2 1/2 and still hasn't grown into it, though he likes to wear the cape and use the sword (which has numerous teeth marks :). I am guessing the XS is probably a 4. If they do go up to XL, that might be large enough for your son.

I have nothing to add about the sizing, but just wanted to say that I saw a kid wearing it in the park on our last trip, and the outfit looked amazing!

BTW, the costume was only sold in the Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique store when I bought it.

My son wants to do this, but he’s into adult sizes now (he’s 10 but wears adult medium shirts), so I’ve found a knight costume t-shirt for him to wear instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter